“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Columbia, Maryland
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The customer service here was impeccable. All employees that I came in contact with were friendly and almost overly helpful. I came in for a huge family dinner after driving all night and arriving around 4 am. I booked and checked into my room by phone so that would make the checkin process easier weh we arrived at the crazy hour. Not only were they expecting me and my family, but they had our keys waiting for us and even took the liberty to pull out the sofabed for us and have it ready. I was impressed. The continental breakfast was excellent, hot and fulfilling. Overall this was a wonderful experience. My wife wanted me to mention that her only issue was that the TV was difficult to navigate and there was no free TV (cartoons, Nick Jr, Disney Channel) for toddlers to watch so keeping them occupied either cost money or you have to provide your own entertainment. This hotel was a great experience and the next time I'm in Charlotte the Hyatt Place/Arrowood will be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Tony W,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are always delighted to hear about exceptional service experiences. I will be sure to celebrate this with the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

At your service,
Lisa Ganzzermiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2013

On my most recent visit to Charlotte, I elected to try a Hyatt Place rather than go with either of the Hampton Inns I had stayed at previously. This was based on my excellent stay at a Hyatt Place in Atlanta combined with a good rate on the rooms.

First, a comment about the location. Unless you plan to go to points like UNCC or Concord Motor Speedway, almost anything you could want in Charlotte is at your fingertips. Charlotte-Douglas Airport is about twenty minutes away. Uptown is only a few exits up the road (and can also be accessed in under a half hour via South Tryon Street). Carowinds is one exit down I-77. Tyvola Road, which leads to South Park Mall and the surrounding complex, is two exits up I-77. Pineville, Ballantyne, and Fort Mill are all within a short drive. If you don't want to immerse yourself in a particular neighborhood (say, Ballantyne or Pineville) and would prefer to have a centralized hotel, this is the way to go.

The rooms themselves are clean, well-appointed, and nicely maintained. I also found the staff to be friendly and knowledgable. Being familiar with the Charlotte area, I found the staff quite eager to talk about the city and current events. It appears others have found the same to be true. The breakfast, as with other Hyatt Places I've stayed at, was very good.

One word of warning--don't drive too far up Arrowood Road from here. After the nice section with the hotel and a few restaurants, you'll find yourself in one of the rougher spots of south Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SBaret7
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear SBaret7,
Thank you for taking time to give us feed back about your recent stay. I will be sure to share your accolades with the team. I wish you all the best in the new year and we hope to see you again soon!
-Lisa Ganzzermiller
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very reliable hotel with unique room design. Three adults traveling together really appreciated the separate living /bedroom areas with the TV that could easily be viewed from both sides. Nice size bathroom with private WC. Prices are a good value for the free breakfast and WIFi. Can't go wrong with the Hyatt! We are loyal Hyatt customers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear cookiechiv,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay! I will be sure to share your comments with the team. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt and we hope to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I travel often for work and have stayed at 5 star hotels across the county. The hospitality that was extended by Jake, Tiffany and Andrew was EXCEPTIONAL! From start to finish, they made me feel like a priority and exceeded each of my expectations. When you do get to experience this professional, warm staff, I suggest you ask for Jake, Tiffany or Andrew, they will greet you with a warm smile and give you more then promised on customer service. Bravo guys!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tbryson222
Dear tbryson222,
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am delighted to hear Jake, Tiffany and Andrew provided such great service. I will be sure to celebrate your comments with the team. We hope to see you again!
Happy Holidays,
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Came up from Charleston SC for Monday night football and this was the closet Hyatt that had rooms. We have been a rewards member with them for years. The three rooms we had reserved where ready upon our arrival. The check in process was fast. The ladies at the front desk had extensive knowledge of the area. Got us a cab to the stadium to accommodate six people. After the game we returned to the bar area at the hotel where we had some beverages. The night manager ( Joel) who stayed 2 hrs after his shift to help Darrel at the bar was an example of going above and beyond. We are in the industry as well and really appreciated it! He is a perfect example of why we only stay at Hyatt's when available. Housekeeping keeps that place spotless! Thanks for you 5 star service!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Follybeachpatriot
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Follybeachpatriot:
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that the team welcomed and cared for you so well. I will be sure to recognize Darryl and Joel for a job well done.

We hope to see you again soon!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at Hyatt Place twice on our trip - both times they messed up our reservation. We had requested two rooms, one with a king bed, and one with two beds in it. Neither hotel were able to accommodate us, and the customer service was awful. After a long day of travel, we tried checking In here, and it took them 45 minutes. The customer service was poor, to say the least. The breakfast is awful too. It was very loud, at all hours of the night. At the downstairs bar area (which is right next to the lobby and check-in area was extremely loud. IF we stay again, I would not eat the breakfast and I would call the day of to AGAIN notify them of your room needs, even though it was booked that way through their website on both occasions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Ollieb89,
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, it is truly valuable. I am terribly sorry to hear we fell short in both our check in process and breakfast selection. I am deeply concerned that it took 45 minutes to check you in and the service was subpar. We pride ourselves in giving great service treating every guest like family and am disappointed we fell short. If possible, would you contact me directly so I may investigate this and get to the bottom of what happened with your reservation? I need just a little more information so I may take corrective action then make amends for what happened. I can be reached at 704.522.8400.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for two weeks on business. The staff treat you like family. The rooms are pristine, the morning breakfast is big and varied and tastes awesome. Everyone here is willing to go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. This is by far the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. The restaurant is very good and you're only a lightrail trip into the heart of Charlotte. If you are looking to stay in the area look no further than the Hyatt Place at Arrowood

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi Daniel F,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I am so delighted to hear that the team was able to take great care of you. We pride ourselves in treating each guest like family.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704.522.8400.

Hyatt Place Charlotte Arrowood