“AWESOME staff and even better customer service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #13 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Panama City Beach, Florida
“AWESOME staff and even better customer service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My stay at the Hyatt was absolutely wonderful. I had the opportunity to meet two great employees, Lucy Mcilwain and Jake Hunter. I have to say the entire staff was very helpful, however these two went over and beyond the daily duties of helping guests. I work in this industry, however it is rental apartments and I would love to have either one of these two on my staff. Traveling and being without your family is not ideal to many, but when you are greeted after a long day by Jake saying "well good evening Shelly, can I make you a drink?" It makes me feel at home. In the morning I look forward to saying hello to Lucy and she beats me to it every morning. Thank you for remembering my name and thank you for making my two weeks in Charlotte working until 10:30 pm, ready to go to my hotel and look forward to seeing smiling faces greeting me in for the night. I know it is hard to find great staff... and Hyatt you have a great one here. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShellyMarlin
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear ShellyMarlin,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your recent stay! I am so delighted to hear that Jake, Lucy and the entire team took such great care of you. I will be sure to share your accolades with the entire team! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Safe Travels,
Lisa Ganzzermiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Surfside Beach, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed just for 1 night to go to Carowinds and enjoy the pool. The property is very convenient and well maintained. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and well done, Hyatt Place is one of my favorite brands! One problem was with the pool - it was closed for our stay, which was one reason we chose this property. Rather than check out and request a refund, staff response was to have neighboring property allow use of pool, which was nice. They turned a problem around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear SRFSDB,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time at Carowinds!
I apologize that the pool was closed during your stay. Unfortunately with the high volume of guests the chemicals slipped out of balance causing the water to be cloudy. If the water becomes too cloudy and we are not able to see the bottom of the pool, we cannot allow guests to swim. Guest satisfaction is top priority and I am glad you were able to swim at the alternate location.
We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Charlotte.
See you soon!
Avon, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for three days while visiting family in Charlotte. The entire staff was fantastic, but Lucy, Bev and Carmen were especially wonderful. They were great with our kids and remembered us each time they saw us in the lobby. Joel was very accommodating in the evenings, offering to refill our daughter's milk cup. The woman who checked us in was very helpful as well, but we don't remember her name. The location worked great for us because it was only 10-15 minutes from our family's house on Lake Wylie, and it was also not far from other things we wanted to do within Charlotte. There's also a Starbucks right across the street, which is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Claaea,
Thank you stay with us! It was a delight seeing the family each morning for breakfast. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. I will be sure to share your accolades with Lucy, Bev, Carmen, Joel and the entire team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte!
Safe Travels,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Ever year, we go to the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and we ALWAYS stay here!! Great staff, very safe location, and it's across from the mall!! Rooms are always clean, very quiet, and NEVER had a bad experience!! I highly recommend this place!!

Stayed May 2014
Dear FFK518,
Thank you for making us your home while in Charlotte. I am so glad you enjoy your stays with us! We look forward to seeing your again next year for the Coca Cola 600.
Cordially,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We arrived exhausted and late. We were told the room we reserved just 45 minutes prior was sold out. They eventually found us a room. The sofa bed did not open unless we unplugged the phone and removed the shelf from the wall. This was definately not as shown in the pictures. We were on the 5 th floor and it was Loud! Lots of screaming, laughing and door slamming. Everytime my husband moved in the bed (he is an avrerage to slim male) the bed creaked and made noises as if it were going to fall apart. The breakfast was disgusting. The eggs were not eggs (at least nothing like I had ever had) and the sausage was microwave sausage. The waffles were hard and tasteless. The only good thing was the coffee. Also the pool in the picture- is closed due to maintenance. This was not noted anywhere it is also nowhere close to what the picture shows. I am very disappointed with this Hyatt. I expected much more as i have stayed at other Hyatts. I will not return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie M
Dear Julie M,
Thank you for staying with us while in Charlotte. I want to apologize for the challenges you faced here. It seems you stayed during a very busy time for us causing disturbances throughout the evening. If you ever should encounter disturbances anytime in the future please let us know. We have overnight security that patrols our hotel and another nearby so we may have been able to resolve the noise to provide a better night’s sleep. Yes, unfortunately our pool was down Memorial Day. Due to the large volume of guests our chemicals slipped to an unsafe level causing cloudiness in the water. For guest safety we cannot allow swimming if we cannot see the bottom of the pool. However to combat this, we did have an alternative nearby at no cost and I am sorry if we did not communicate this effectively.
Guests are our top priority and we strive to ensure 110% satisfaction so I am sorry we fell short. May I ask you to contact me at the hotel so I may get a bit more information and investigate this further? I would also like the opportunity to make amends for those challenges and invite you back.
Cordially,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel and what a great one. I booked a group with the sales department. Chris did a wonderful job with my rooms and special requests. We had about 20 people and had an awesome time. Breakfast was filling and many options to choose from. Starbucks coffee, can you get any better. Room was clean and spacious. Close to Carowinds and plenty of parking. Good times!

Dear Justinvending,
Thank you for taking time to share your great experience and placing your group with us. I will be sure to share your accolades with Christine and the entire team. We hope to see you again soon!
At your service,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one block from the bus station. The hotel is new and the rooms are large. The pool is a short walk and NASCAR center is only a block away. They have a great breakfast and Wi-Fi are included.

Dear GooseCowboy,
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Charlotte! We hope to see you again soon.