“Great value”

Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Georgia
“Great value”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a good stay at this hotel for the weekend. I give 4 stars given the good value with the inexpensive pricing at this newer hotel; otherwise hotel would be average. Room was clean and comfortable. Definitely a no frills hotel - they didn't even have lotion in the room. Breakfast was average at best, but nice that it's included. Note that parking is either valet at $20 per day or on your own at the parking lot next door for $7 per 12 hrs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank domer621
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear dome621,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay, however, I think you may have gotten our hotel confused with the Hyatt Place Uptown as we do not charge for parking. Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Place and maybe we will see you on your next trip to Charlotte!
Cordially,
Lisa Ganzzermiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were the bride and groom and blocked rooms at this hotel, and the customer service was OUTSTANDING. We worked with a man named David prior to our arrival, and he was super responsive and helpful. The rate was excellent for the guests- king size suites at $89/night which included breakfast. When we were actually at the hotel, the service continued to be great. We were congratulated about our wedding by many different staff members, our room both nights was comped, and we were given a hand written note and bottle of wine. All the relatives that stayed here were equally as happy with their stay. If you need an event booked in the area, this hotel went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome.

Room Tip: We only had king suites and the location was fine. No recommendations
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahpendleton
Dear sarahpendleton,
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we're doing. I am delighted that David took such great care of you and your guests. He is a true asset and I will be certain to share your accolades with the entire team. Congratulations on your wedding and may your marriage be blessed for years to come.
At your service,
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I felt like I was at home. It was clean and e everyone was friendly and the lady at the desk I forgot her name I think it was Barbara she was a black lady, she was awesone. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family because of the excellent service I received. I had never stayed at a hotel what I feltbad the people actually care about how I was being treated.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Rashiele,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I am so delighted that the team made you feel at home and welcomed. I will be sure to share your accolades with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon.
Safe Travels,
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

In town for business and stayed 3 nights. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was OK and was taken down promptly around 9 or 9:30 so get there before then. The location was good for us near the airport and main roads. The area was quiet. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a little rust in the bathrooms here and there but clean all in all. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank braxton w
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear braxton w,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay and I am glad you enjoyed it. I am curious what room you stayed in so I may investigate the tub a bit further with my Executive Housekeeper. Please feel free to reach out to myself or Andrew, Assistant General Manager so we can take a look and make amends.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family of 4 stayed in this hotel while visiting family in Charlotte. Our room was spacious; it included 2 double beds, a pull-out sofa, a desk area, & a small wet bar area, including refrigerator. There was plenty of room for each of my sons to have their own bed and we still had room to walk around. We really only used the room for sleep, but the space was nice. The room was also nicely decorated.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't the best hotel breakfast I've ever had, but it was nice for the kids to be able to grab something each morning before we left for the day. There was good coffee, juice, cold water, and a variety of cereals, bagels, toasts, etc. There was also sausage & eggs. We were staying during the Memorial Day weekend, which was also a big race weekend, so the hotel was busy and the food probably went quicker than usual.

Overall, it was a good value for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Jenna B,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your stay Memorial Weekend. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our spacious rooms. We did have several groups in house and breakfast was a huge hit and I will be sharing your feedback with the leadership team to find ways to better accomodate higher volumes. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Cordially,
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment I step in the door I felt at home. The front desk staff who checked me in was great. The kitchen lady Rachel was very nice and greeted me with a good morning and big smile that really brighten my day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear bigwinfield:
Thank you for chosing our hotel to stay and play while in Charlotte. I am delighted to hear that the team made you feel at home. We work very hard to create an environment where guests and team members are treated like family. I will be sure to share your kudos with Rachel and the entire team.
Watchung, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a great hotel for the money. The staff makes the difference. Everyone was friendly and answered my questions. The breakfast buffet was included in the price and has a great selection. Good eats and Rachel made an extra breakfast sandwich for me to deal with a food allergy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear John N,
Thank you for choosing us to stay and play while in Charlotte and we hope to see you again soon!
-Lisa Ganzzermiller