“Cockroach heaven”

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #15 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Now other than this issue everything else is excellent. Work up about 4.am this morning 06/25/25, I look down on n the floor next to my bed, and I see something black, look like I had dropped something, then suddenly it moved, it was a COCKROACH, and a BIG cockroach, I then proceeded end it's life, but it took three hits of the water bottle (full of water), to kill the thing.
I proceeded to take and give the dead insect to the lobby.
I'm interested in what they will do?
Other than that, stay is good, I'm.here for one more night let's see if the bugs come out again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank steve b
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear steve b,
Thank you for staying with us while in Charlotte. I am terribly sorry you encountered a Palmetto Bug while staying with us this week. Palmetto bugs are common in our area and sometimes get into the building via the HVAC unit. Although these bugs are very large and look similar to roaches they are not related and do not nest indoors. Once they come indoors they will die after a few hours. We work diligently with our contracted pest control company, Steritech, to prevent and eliminate issues. That room and surrounding area has been inspected fully and nothing else has been found. To that end, you should not have experienced that here and for that I am sorry. I know the team has provided some complimentary meals and 7500 Hyatt Gold Passport points to your account in an effort to show our sincerity and ensure your loyalty to our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing 110% satisfaction with service and product. If there is anything else I can do to encourage a return visit please let me know.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our Hyatt reward points and the hotel was extremely clean an nice. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. The only issue that we had is we earned a free night through their loyalty program and when booking the room, we had a zero balance. Upon checking in, they wanted to charge us Tax and fees for $30 and after my husband questioned, they ended up charging a $15 fee, that was said to be for our credit card.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Michelle M,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport Member. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty at check-in. It is Hyatt's policy to require a credit card to authorize for $15 (in addition to room and tax charges) to cover any incidentals that you may have while staying with us. When redeeming your free stay via points it is free and we take care of room and tax charges. I apologize that our team explained this incorrectly and caused unnecessary confusion. Please know that this feedback will provide good training with the team and know that this will be corrected going forward. Thank you again and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a good stay at this hotel for the weekend. I give 4 stars given the good value with the inexpensive pricing at this newer hotel; otherwise hotel would be average. Room was clean and comfortable. Definitely a no frills hotel - they didn't even have lotion in the room. Breakfast was average at best, but nice that it's included. Note that parking is either valet at $20 per day or on your own at the parking lot next door for $7 per 12 hrs.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank domer621

Dear dome621,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay, however, I think you may have gotten our hotel confused with the Hyatt Place Uptown as we do not charge for parking. Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Place and maybe we will see you on your next trip to Charlotte!
Cordially,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were the bride and groom and blocked rooms at this hotel, and the customer service was OUTSTANDING. We worked with a man named David prior to our arrival, and he was super responsive and helpful. The rate was excellent for the guests- king size suites at $89/night which included breakfast. When we were actually at the hotel, the service continued to be great. We were congratulated about our wedding by many different staff members, our room both nights was comped, and we were given a hand written note and bottle of wine. All the relatives that stayed here were equally as happy with their stay. If you need an event booked in the area, this hotel went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome.

Room Tip: We only had king suites and the location was fine. No recommendations
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahpendleton

Dear sarahpendleton,
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we're doing. I am delighted that David took such great care of you and your guests. He is a true asset and I will be certain to share your accolades with the entire team. Congratulations on your wedding and may your marriage be blessed for years to come.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I felt like I was at home. It was clean and e everyone was friendly and the lady at the desk I forgot her name I think it was Barbara she was a black lady, she was awesone. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family because of the excellent service I received. I had never stayed at a hotel what I feltbad the people actually care about how I was being treated.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Rashiele,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I am so delighted that the team made you feel at home and welcomed. I will be sure to share your accolades with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

In town for business and stayed 3 nights. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was OK and was taken down promptly around 9 or 9:30 so get there before then. The location was good for us near the airport and main roads. The area was quiet. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a little rust in the bathrooms here and there but clean all in all. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank braxton w
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear braxton w,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay and I am glad you enjoyed it. I am curious what room you stayed in so I may investigate the tub a bit further with my Executive Housekeeper. Please feel free to reach out to myself or Andrew, Assistant General Manager so we can take a look and make amends.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family of 4 stayed in this hotel while visiting family in Charlotte. Our room was spacious; it included 2 double beds, a pull-out sofa, a desk area, & a small wet bar area, including refrigerator. There was plenty of room for each of my sons to have their own bed and we still had room to walk around. We really only used the room for sleep, but the space was nice. The room was also nicely decorated.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't the best hotel breakfast I've ever had, but it was nice for the kids to be able to grab something each morning before we left for the day. There was good coffee, juice, cold water, and a variety of cereals, bagels, toasts, etc. There was also sausage & eggs. We were staying during the Memorial Day weekend, which was also a big race weekend, so the hotel was busy and the food probably went quicker than usual.

Overall, it was a good value for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Jenna B,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your stay Memorial Weekend. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our spacious rooms. We did have several groups in house and breakfast was a huge hit and I will be sharing your feedback with the leadership team to find ways to better accomodate higher volumes. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Cordially,