“A Nice Stay and Good Staff”

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A Nice Stay and Good Staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel was conveniently located and very well maintained. The staff was friendly and attentive and had a good grasp on managing a good hotel experience. Considering other options in the market, the price for the stay was fair.

Room Tip: Right off the highway, south of most of the hustle and bustle.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Bryan C,
Thank you for making us your home away from home while in Charlotte. I truly appreciate the positive feedback and will be sure to share it with the team. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Lisa Ganzzermiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

we were on our way to key west and broke journey in Charlotte. we wanted to stay at a hotel close to the interstate highway. Hyatt met our needs. It is close to the highway, clean, pleasant staff, we were happily surprised to see that the room had a small sitting area with a pull out couch. Spacious for our family of 4. Breakfast was also included in our room area. would definetely recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Castelin0,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you agian soon!
Safe Travels,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2014

While traveling to Charlotte NC I had several bad experiences until I arrived a Hyatt Place Charlotte Arrowood. Shelby met me with a smile with a quick and effortless check in, asking me how my day was going I replied " Id just like to get to the room and not talk about it " Shelby ask me would you like a Beer WOW she made my day, Just what the DR ordered. Definitely will stay here again.. Great staff :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig O
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Craig O,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay. I am sorry to hear you had a long frustraiting day of travel but am delightged that Shelby was able to turn it around for you. I will be sure to share your comments with Shelby and the entire team!

We hope to see you again soon!

Cordially,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place for an entire week. The lobby, reception staff were excellent and very courteous and helpful. The Breakfast was wonderful every morning - again run by very efficient staff. I would have rated this 5 stars but for the fact that the bathrooms were not cleaned properly and we found a cockroach in our room!! The general appearance of the rooms were 'clean' after housekeeping was done, and the bathroom towels and toiletries were always replenished. However, the floor and tub area was not cleaned. After we found a ROACH in the bedroom, we wondered if the carpets were being vacuumed on a daily basis!!! I really liked the layout of the room, and the good service in the lobby, but the housekeeping was a let down! In addition, we found that the lobby guest restrooms were awful ( two out of three commodes were clogged and the floor and sinks looked unclean ) ~ in the morning!!If they can clean up their housekeeping and pest control, I would be willing to try this hotel out again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Marisa B64,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your stay last week. It was a pleasure serving you and your family and I was disappointed to read about the issues you experienced in your room. They sound like fairly unusual issues, as I know my housekeeping team can and does do much better. I have spoke with my housekeeping manager regarding the service of stayover rooms and I hope to avoid this sort of issue going forward. Additionally, we have met with our pest control company, Steritech, and have added additional treatments to resolve this issue. They roach that generally finds its way into rooms is an outdoor variety of roach commonly referred to in the Carolinas as a palmetto bug. They are drawn towards moisture and sometimes come inside buildings only to die because they cannot live inside. I understand your frustration and I would be upset as well. I apologize on behalf of my entire team. I invite you to return for a complimentary night when you are back in town.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night. The room is very big and clean; however, do note the the beds are full size not queen. Breakfast buffet was nice and plentiful. The hotel was clean and attractive. It is very accessible to reaching Charlotte. A good price for what you get.

Stayed July 2014
Dear TravelMonster17268,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we took care of all your needs. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte!

Safe Travels,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to stay at this location for a two week business trip and it was amazing. The staff treated me like family. I worked out and swam nightly and always felt comfortable as a single female in an unknown city. Hands down to this staff and location for top notch service and accommodations. I have informed my company to use this location exclusively for all of our travel needs. Thank you Hyatt Place!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank 7432
Dear 7432,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay! I agree the staff is amazing. They work hard to give top service and exceed expectations and am delighted to hear that you have recommended our hotel to colleagues. I will be sure to share your accolades with the team and see you again soon!

Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014

At $140 for a weekday room (more weekdays than on weekends), this hotel was a rip off. This hotel was completely booked to capacity the days I was there, considering obviously they are making plenty of money with it being completely booked, I think they could pay for the repairs needed along with better service.

First, they should take out the signs in the rooms that say if you need something/forgot something to ask they have things available for purchase or complimentary. They had no basic items to purchase or borrow/ect. They offered quarters to do laundry and then said they had none and were out... it was insane.. they had nothing.

The breakfast in the morning was beyond discusting. We stay at hotels all the time with free breakfast, and yes, free is free... but this was just gross. I brought a doughnut to my room and spit it out.. yes it was that gross.. it tasted like chemicals. It wasn't until my last night there someone left a storage door open to where you they pull the food/coffee out of.. I could have died at how gross it was in there. The person who posted about the palmetto bug/cock roach was probably not far off with his description. And please, I use to live in florida, they are everywhere, but nice hotels make sure they are well on top of exterminators.

The side door has a key card entry, so you don't have to walk to the front of the lobby. That is great, except it is broken. The card entry to my room was starting to break too because it only worked half the time I would enter my room key into it.

It is great they have a pool, but they hardly ever have it unlocked, and you have to ask to have access to it.

This was the worst Hyatt Place I have ever stayed at, and ranks at one of the worst hotels I've stayed at as well.

Overall, pick a different hotel to stay at if you are in the area. There are plenty of options!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SarahMPhotography
Dear SarahMPhotography,

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel. All of our 'borrows' items have been restocked and the door lock on the right side of the buidling has arrived from Onity (after being on backorder). In addition, I did want to touch on the pest problem you spoke of. Steritech is our pest control company and has been working closely with us to resolve the recent issue we are having with Palmetto bugs. I assure you these pests die when making thier way inside and do not nest indoors. To combat this issue Steritech has treated all areas outside including spraying a solution on the exteriror of the building, drain treatment and installation of door sweeps on all exterior doors.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time on our dime.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704.522.8400 or lisa.ganzzermiller@hyatt.com.

Hyatt Place Charlotte Arrowood