“Best Place I ever HAD!”
Review of Cafe Nirvana - CLOSED

Cafe Nirvana
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 28 November 2013

this is just the place I ever HAD!! in a word STUNNING! trust me!
the food,service,cost is pretty awesome.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I wrote a review about our dinner at the Cafe Nirvana last month. That had been a good experience; today's visit for lunch with our American friends was a disappointment.

We were seated promptly, and the place was not overly busy. One large group plus a few tables occupied. When we went to the buffet, there were no signs on any of the dishes, so it wasn't easy to tell what was what, especially for people that were not familiar with Indian cuisine. One of the chafing dishes was empty, and both chicken dishes had gravy, but no meat. Nan (bread) is served at the table, but after asking several times, they brought out cold nans. Eventually, we did get hot bread. There were many people complaining about the lack of food at the buffet. Apparently they were short handed, but this is inexcusable.

They did eventually replenish some of the dishes, but the empty dish was replenished when we had finished our meal. Turns out that it was chili chicken, and it looked delicious. Actually all the food we ate was very tasty, but this place needs to step up its game or it will soon find itself out of business. It's not enough to serve good food - people dining out expect the whole experience to be pleasant. I wonder how many customers who ate there today won't bother to ever come back.

2  Thank MM2531
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I went for dinner tonight to Cafe Nirvana. We are both of Indian origin and live close by, so we are always looking for good Indian places to eat. And we had a Groupon.

It was a slow night at the restaurant, not unexpected for a Wednesday night. There were three other tables occupied. We had eaten here a while ago, before the restaurant changed ownership, and the food back then was mediocre.

We were seated promptly, and the server, Maria, was very nice and attentive. The ambiance is also quite good - not your typical Indian restaurant, although there was the obligatory Indian music playing in the background.

We had Chicken 65 for an appetizer. It was fresh and flavorful, but nothing to write home about. The dinner, on the other hand, was outstanding. Methi Chicken (chicken with fenugreek?), was as fresh as one can get, and simply mouth watering. Likewise with the paneer makhani. The breads (roti for me, and lachha paratha for my wife) were excellent.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Nirvana. So much so that we are going to use them to cater a dinner party for us soon. The food we had was done right, and the service was attentive, We also liked that the server boxed our left over food for us rather than just dropping off containers for us to do this ourselves.

Granted we have only tried a small number of dishes, but based on what we had we would go back in a heartbeat. One more thing - we are not fans of buffets as one typically gets a lot of quantity and mediocre quality, so I can't comment on the lunch buffet here.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Sunday buffet. Food was cold. Several items were missing- seriously. Even after speaking to the wait staff, all they had to say was sorry we are short handed and 2 chefs did not show up! In this case they should not have opened their doors. When you go to a restaurant you expect food! The food that was there was disgusting and not fresh. It was watered down to make the quantity look good but the quality was horrible. Stay away is my best advise! .... Never again

Reviewed 3 July 2013

What a treat we had tonight! The server was all smiles and very attentive. The restaurant was clean and comfortable. Initially upon arriving there was some annoying music playing loudly but they kindly turned it off when I asked them to turn it down. The food was OUTSTANDING! Oh so good! The couple we were with thoroughly enjoyed their food as well. We had the garlic Naan bread which was so excellent! Mango Lassie drinks were so fresh tasting..it was like drinking, literally, a pureed mango. Very well done. Afterwards they kindly brought us some DELICOUS WARM rice pudding! WE WILL BE BACK!