“Good place if youre young and like to party”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Good place if youre young and like to party”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here back in August and i struggled to find a cheap place to park...the hotel offers valet but at $20 plus tips...well, I decided to go for the BB&T parking deck across the road, it's just $5 after five and there are other parking areas too...that are within a safe walking distance...there are also some coined parking spaces along church street so, it;s worth a try...
I checked in around 4pm and everything was so quiet and peaceful, then I went down not even an hour later and they had a band going on the epi center terrace and it was like I was in a completely different place! lol. I liked the vibe and the band was excellent...but of course, I am a child of the 80's....The place was jumping and the nice thing is that I could go to my room and I couldn't hear a thing! The view was nice, the hotel is a nice change from the conventional hotel motif with its sleek urban design and feel...but the Hotel Sierra was much better...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2011

NOISY- particularly through the room walls (and I wear ear plugs). On a weekend this place was a giant party. Our friend on the 5th floor said he could hear the club bass all night. I would not recommend for families or older people that want quiet. The lobby was like some sort of bad nightclub on Saturday night.
The only plus of this place is the location is convenient (if you want to visit the epicenter and chain restaurants) and one nice guy who yells out "hey" when you come in.
Otherwise- avoid- there must be better options. $20/night for parking. NO ONE cleaned the room the entire time. Dirty down comforter with 2 sheets over it. When we walked in there was a KNIFE on the table so we took it down to the lobby and they were like "oh." No sorry, no oh my gosh...
We only stayed here for a wedding but would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Charlotte hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I attempted to book a group block for a tailgate group coming in town for a NFL game. For an entire week I was back and forth with group sales discussing hotel policies, room rates, sport bar locations etc... As I got ready to ask for a contract I was told that they needed to have the exact arrival and departure dates of each individual. Ok, that was new to me booking group rooms. In other hotels you just tell them how many rooms you need, room types and a range of dates.

Now that I get the information needed from tailgate group I get a email stating that they can not give group rates unless we book a 3 night minimum. I understand the demand but we have been working with group sales for a week and should not be under the new 3 night minimum rule.

After it's all said and done, all we get is "Oh well" sorry...

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel this weekend from Thursday to Saturday. The room was clean, but the mirror was cracked and the walls are like paper (I could hear the person in the next room running the shower). Like the reviewer on 9.28, I stayed at the Aloft b/c I have a pet, for which the front desk clerk provided a doggie bag full of goodies for my pet. She also provided a dog bed and dog bowls (that I washed out b/f checking out).

Charles, the front desk clerk was fabulous. He made me feel so comfortable and welcomed at the Aloft. Even the room I faced, which faced the night clubs (6 of them), he offered to move me to another room on the opposite side. He made my trip and gave me a pleasant experience in spite of the negative acoustics and design of the hotel which has paper thin walls and non-sound proof windows.

If I was staying for pleasure and partying, it would have been a great experience, the only thing is that I was in town for business, not for partying and all night (2am wee hour) clubing.

The last thing was the parking. Aloft needs to do a better job of clearly indicating that valet parking is available at the time that the reservation was made. It was a hassle to get in on a weekend night b/c the Aloft doesn't own the parking, but if the hotel guest works through the Aloft, as it is available, the parking situation would have been alot better.

Finally, the lobby is too dark. I've been to several Alofts and this one is too dark, although it caters to nightlife, it doesn't have to be dark.

Room Tip: If you want petfriendly in a nightlife setting, it is the place. The problem is when you walk your...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Maryland
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding I was in that was down the street. After reading all the reviews for this hotel (mostly bad) - we STILL went because it was the only option for us because we had a pet.

Here's the problems:

1. Rude front desk. Told me I should have "warned them" I had a dog. My husband told them I told when I made the reservation 2 months ago, but they seemed to think we were lying. Throughout the rest of the stay, they had no interest in helping us. When we asked for help finding a cart to leave, they said..."Uhhhh, we can try." We told them just forget it.

2. Nothing was give to my dog. No bowl, no bed, no whatever. Our pup ended up drinking out of the trashcan bowl.

3. There is NO WHERE to take your dog to go to the bathroom! I ended up having to walk outside at 12/1am in the middle of the bar seen at least 3-4 blocks away - only to have my dog go to the bathroom in a flower bed.

4. Rooms are not nice. I know other Aloft hotels are nice - I hear about them all the time! But... this was gross. The bathroom smelled bad.... and due to no closets, there aren't any where to hang stuff like DRESSES. We ended up hanging up my bridesmaid dress in the shower.

Overall, it was an annoying experience. This place has got one thing - LOCATION!

I would just say - avoid it, especially if you have pets. There are better places to stay that will treat you better.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NoelleSunshine
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2011

It's not your typical hotel. Seems like a upscale dorm room. You've got soap and shampoo in shower dispensers like a dorm or health club. Property is located above bars so you here noise till the wee hours. Windows are not sound proof. Staff is average. A bit arrogant when mentioned "noise" issue. They're like it's typical on gamedays. Cafe coffee machine broken. Aloft brings down the SPG family of hotels.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank bigbrownpumpkin
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The people that checked us in greeted us with a smile. It was mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary and when we got back to our room later that night we received a complimentary bottle of champagne. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2011