“Would of been 5 star but,”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #65 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Loved the location. Just park your car and don't take it out again. Able to walk to great restaurants. Hotel is great for couples, very modern trendy. Free wifi and complementary bottle water in room, large flat screen tv. Will stay here again but, the beds are very very uncomfortable. The bathroom room area is not very private so I would only want to stay with spouse. Self park is $20 and valet is $25 per day. Hotel is very hard to find.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveltimeusa

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very modern, I actually prefer older and classic hotels, very clean and a great location. We just stayed the night and thought it was a great location, right across from the Carolina Ale House! Would stay there again. The guy looking after the valet parking was great, let us stay all day in the car park even after we'd checked out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
efleishaker, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Hi mack0168,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I’m glad you enjoyed the great location and found our wonderful staff to be so helpful. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Best thing about this hotel is the Bar on the top level (staff and drinks were both fabulous). The pool and gym facilities were also very good. Location of the hotel is in the centre of Charlotte and right above Flemings (an amazing steak place).

My favourite thing about the rooms - the Bathrooms - Amayzing. After staying in numerous hotels in our trip across the US, it was such a relief to find a hotel that didn't require the skills of a contortionist to get into the shower :)

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juicyblue
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hi Juicyblue,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed our great facilities, such as the gym, pool and bar. I am happy that you chose to stay with us over your anniversary and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel is on the best place possible right on the spot close to great bars restaurants and places to visit!
The room is small and kind of have a modern look with standing shower. However, the A/C system was loud for me (I have problems during sleep! I can't sleep well when it is not quite!!!)
I told them to completely turn it off.
Overall they had a nice bar and the gave you credit to use in bar if you waived housekeeping! Which was fun!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hi kmostvisitor,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your acommodations, our location and our bar. I do apologize that the AC prevented you from getting a good night's sleep. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I love the concept and vibe of the Aloft hotel brand however this one particular Aloft is very disappointing. It has a very small lobby and smaller rooms, which were not a problem. The hotel is part of the Epicentre. The lobby is on the 5th floor and the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and bars. It is a little bit difficult to find the hotel because the entrance is NOT on E. Trade St as the address suggests. Yes one parking garage entrance is on E. Trade Street but the Aloft sign is located on S. College St.

My concern was with the front desk staff and the fact that the parking situation was not addressed on any site associated with the hotel. Checking in we were met by a very uppity young man who gave us a feeling that we did not belong there after I inquired about the parking situation and the price to park. He said we should just pay $25.00 / day for Valet because the garage was $6.00 and hour and had no in/out privileges. We did not go with Valet because we felt that $25.00 plus tip plus rude welcome was not worth it. The person who checked us in did not even talk to us about any other aspect of the hotel which we had become accustomed to at other Aloft Hotels (i.e. Aloft Dallas- The BEST). We did not know where the Grab & Go was so we went elsewhere to eat. We also did not know where to find the pool.

The room was smaller than most Aloft hotels we have stayed in. The shampoos, conditioners, etc were Bliss which is one of my favorites. I love the complimentary water and the mini-fridge. The complimentary internet was very spotty in the room we were in.

When we checked out, there were three people at the desk who just stared at us. Finally someone asked if they could help us. I told her we were checking out and if she could add my SPG account to this reservation because I could not remember my SPG number and the system could not find me. She searched the system and finally found me under my old address. I told her we had not lived there for over a year and she said thanks for staying. She should have offered to change my SPG account. I know she could have done it or she could have given me a number to call etc. SPG is a big point for Starwood.

When we left the hotel, our parking fee was $10.00. We were so happy that we did not pay for Valet. Our total parking fee was $13.00 because we left shortly after checking in and had to pay $3.00 since we did not have in/out privileges.

I recommend the staff be sent to the Aloft hotel in Downtown Dallas for a crash course in customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi F1nsup,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and will be sure to share your feedback with our front desk team so that they can improve their overall customer service. I will also alert the hotel management team to ensure that the appropriate content relating to the parking and hotel location is added prominently to their website.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I really enjoy relaxing at the W XYZ BAR in Aloft hotel Charlotte, they have a wonderful atmosphere, laid back and the appetizers are delish as are the drinks and best yet there is a pool table that is free of charge. I recommend coming to this bar for a relaxed, laid back feel with a view of the epicentre.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Aloft in September 2013 for a long weekend. The location couldn't be beat. We were right in the center of all of the action of Uptown Charlotte! If you are looking for a hotel thats right in the middle of it all - this is the spot.

Our room was small, but clean and nice. If you are just looking for somewhere to sleep - it works just fine. We were on the 'quiet' side of the hotel, but still our room was ridiculously loud. The first night we were woken up by a group of partiers coming back from the bar in the room next door. We literally had to pound on the wall to get them to quiet down. The other nights were similarly loud - I guess this is just what you get when you stay at a hotel right at the Epicentre.

We used the valet parking. It was convenient, however it was pretty expensive. The valet also isn't very well marked for those unfamiliar with the area. Luckily I had read other tripadvisor reviews so I knew what to look for.

Overall - if you are looking for a hotel right in the center of the action - this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Hi en122912,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed the location and your accommodations. We do apologize for the noise issue, but hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again the next time you are in the area.