Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet sidewxyz bartrendy hotelvalet parkingepi centerparking deckrooms are modernbars and restaurantsawesome locationmovie theaterhigher floorvalet serviceself parkbank of america stadiumdowntown areagreat customer serviceconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel design is very trendy and a little weird, which we could handle except for the fact that the employees are so customer "non-friendly". It seems like they haven't been trained or raised with manners. As an example, I tried to place a wake-up call late Thursday evening and the phone rang and rang and rand - probably 4 or 5 minutes. When she answered I told her what I needed and she hung up. I called back and she hung up again 3 times (the bedside phone was not working properly). I then switched to the desk phone - she answered and I asked her why she kept hanging up on me - she became belligerent and rude. I then asked for the manager and complained about her rude attitude - he didn't want to hear about it and kept asking what I needed - finally I told him maybe he was the cause f the attitude problem - scheduled my wake up call and went to bed. 5 minutes later there is a knock at the door and its some rent-a-cop asking what the issue was. I told him and he just left - no "sorry", no apologies. So I guess management likes to intimidate customers as well. Next day I needed a cart for luggage since my wife had arrived and had luggage. They said they didn't know where they were (they said there were 2 carts) I asked how I could get this luggage in ? They just said we don't know and made no move to go find a cart or offer to help. The "I couldn't care less attitude" was prevalent across employees.

Lastly, the hotel registration is on the 5th floor and the elevators take forever - 5 to 10 minutes. The place is noisy and they even offer ear plugs and sound machines with a warning message on the desk. STAY AWAY! and Starwood Hotels needs to investigate this hotel as it's hurting some very good brands - Westin, St Regis, etc. I'm a Gold Starwood member - soon to be platinum.

Room Tip: Tip for a good room ... Try another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank five5s
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear five5s,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and being a loyal SPG guest. We apologize for the service you received during your stay because what you experienced does not represent Aloft’s or Starwood’s standards. It is very important to our team to provide excellent customer service to our guests, and we will work with our team on improving this in the future. Your honest feedback is very helpful in pinpointing training opportunities with our team, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you again for staying at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you at our other Starwood properties in the future. All the best.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very well located; about 15-20 from the airport by cab and within walking distance of many conference and business centers. Being located at the epicenter meant you were literally in the heart of the action, which was super convenient for dinner and drinks. Finding the lobby was a challenge for some in my party: it is actually on the 5th floor, so you have to take the elevator up and down from the street each time. And that elevator is VERY slow, so factor in some extra time for that if you are on a tight timeline!

My room faced away from the courtyard and it was very quiet. The room itself is pretty bare, but it was clean and comfortable. The bed was a little stiff but I slept fine. The bathroom takes some figuring out-the full length mirror is also the door/wall to close off the toilet and sink. The shower was nice-high shower head and plenty of room.

I would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My business affiliate and I stayed at Aloft Uptown Charlotte at the Epicentre for the first time this pas Sunday night, and we absolutely loved it! The staff is friendly and accommodating (gave great restaurant recommendations), the loft style rooms are stylish and comfortable, breakfast was plentiful (eggs made to order, pancakes, free coffee and tea), and it's in a great location! The next time I'm in Charlotte I'll be staying Aloft Uptown Charlotte at the Epicentre!

I also love the bliss products!

Some reviews I read on trip advisor said the hotel was minimalist and my husband who frequently travels suggested I stay else where. I'm so glad I didn't listen.

Aloft does not have room service or a concierge level. If these things are important to you then you'll want to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Veronica Z,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast, and great location. We look forward to see you soon for your next visit. All the best.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We traveled to Charlotte to see a show at the Blumenthal Arts Center and the location could not be better. The staff was friendly and the room was decorated attractively in a trendy way. Beds had firm, platform style mattresses which was comfortable. The lobby was open and good for sitting and working on the computer with a nice shop with good take away food items. Room views were excellent. Remember that the hotels downtown are in the middle of a busy city and at least the Aloft was not as immune to outside noise as I would have liked.

BE SURE TO CAREFULLY READ the driving directions to find the EpiCenter parking garage which is not well marked as the parking area for the hotel. Spend $25 for the valet parking if you want in and out privileges but we planned to be on foot so saved a bit by just parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi Barton E,
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your tips to future stayers! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really enjoy Aloft properties in general. This hotel was in a great location, the rooms were large, and the decor was what you'd expect from Aloft. The hotel is within a stone's throw from restaurants and bars, so you can make a night of it in the neighborhood and really enjoy the area. I find that a lot of boutique-style hotels have incredibly small rooms, but this one had plenty of space, a view, and all the other quirks you'd expect. The front desk has passes to get into clubs and other discounts at neighborhood restaurants, so don't forget to ask! I had a great time here and would definitely stay again, next time enjoying the other amenities that the hotel offers.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends