“Comfortable, Trendy Boutique Hotel & Great Location and Value!”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #85 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta
“Comfortable, Trendy Boutique Hotel & Great Location and Value!”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and have just good things to say about my experience there. The hotel is conveniently situated downtown/uptown and is walking distance to food, shops and the Time Warner Cable Arena is just a block away from the hotel.

I was warmly greeted by the friendly hotel staff and checked in with no problems. The staff was also very friendly and quite helpful when I called the day before my arrival when I called to inquire about transporation from the airport. They do not have a hotel shuttle, but they arranged a car to pick me up and take me back to the airport for a fee. No car was needed since there were multiple dining optons just outside the doors of the hotel. FYI parking is $20/day. I was also able to arrange a late checkout.

Lobby area is trendy, modern and chic. Cool music is playing in the lobby and there are several places to lounge, meet or relax. There is a pool table, bar and meeting room on the lobby level. There is no hotel restaurant, but the hotel is attached to an outdoor walking mall that has several dining options. At least one restaurant will deliver to the hotel. There is a area by the lobby where you can purchase snacks and beverages.

Rooms - I stayed on the 15th floor and had a view of the area. The room was quite clean, comfortable and the decor is very modern and trendy which matches the remaider of the hotel. The bed was comfortable and there is a small refridgerator in the room along with the usual amenities. High speed internet is available along with to hook up videos to the TV. No Ipod dock though.
I was able to work comfortably from my room and it was not noisy as I read in one post.

I combined business with pleasure and attended a concert at the Time Warner Cable arena during my stay. It was a short walk from the hotel in heels and I would recommend this location if you plan to go to Charlotte to attend an event at the arena.

Bar - Full bar in the evenings beginning around 5 PM durinbg the week. I am not certain about the hours on the weekends. Great bar and the music cranks up in the evenings. Nice place to hang out and I can forsee the hotel attracing a nice afterwork crowd for happy hour.

Overall, a pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel as well as visit again. I would also try another Aloft in a different city. This was my first Aloft experience. It was a great value as well-booked through Priceline.

No photos this trip, sorry. It was a business trip, so I did not take the camera.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

What a great boutique hotel! Aloft is a new concept in hotels by the W. The hotel lobby is not on the ground floor, so after parking in the garage below, we took and elevator up to check-in. Upon entering the lobby, there is a nice scent throughout and hip music playing. The people at check-in couldn't have been any nicer. I grabbed a milk out of their grab-and-go styled food and drink area and they just added it to our bill. The rooms are very nicely laid out, great use of space. The design is contemporary and clean. They even use Bliss spa products! We hung out at the lobby bar that evening and had a great time. They even have an indoor pool with fantastic views. This is now my favorite hotel in Charlotte!

Virginia
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I got an unreal deal on this hotel through Priceline so I was pretty much willing to deal with a lot. When we arrived, I couldn't believe how hip and neat this hotel was. The hotel is in a great location with a lot going on around it. It was loud outside at night but we couldn't hear anything in our room. And we were just steps away from any kind of food, drink and entertainment we could want. The room had a great view and very streamlined feel to it. The bed was so comfortable- we got a great night's sleep. The only complaint I have is the parking situation. Be prepared to pay $20 a night for the garage.
Overall we really enjoyed our experience and will look for this chain in future cities.

USA
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Location: 5 stars
Epi center in uptown charlotte.

Service: very good
The management team are excellent.

Rooms: 3 stars, comfortable, clean, trendy and modern: BUT NOISY
1. King bed is COMFORTABLE. Good night sleep. Very excellent
2. AC: powerful and effective
3. Amenties: Excellent: bottle water every day, iron, coffee maker, empty fridge
4. It is VERY NOISY.... here is why: there is no way on earth to shut down the AC unit. There is an off position but that will not shut down the FAN. And the FAN is very noisy. All my co-workers complained about the same exact thing.
5. there is no break for the business traveller: The music is playing in the lobby and even in the elevator.

Breakfast: there are some snacks you can buy. but there is no hot or buffer breakfast offered.

Value: It is good

This hotel can do few things to improve itself:

1) Lower music in lobby.
2) More importantly, allow for complete shut down of the AC units so guests can actually sleep after a long day of work. (this is the most important one)
3) Better isolation from the outside noise

Overall, I recommend this hotel and definitely I recommend it over the Holiday Inn

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank AmericanInTheWorld
Fayetteville, N.C.,USA
Reviewed 15 September 2009

My son booked us overnight, Saturday September 12, 2009 at the Aloft. Reminded me of Copenhagen, Denmark. Very modern! Staying here was a treat. The staff was very nice! My family went to Carolina Panthers game but I waited at the hotel. Staff was very friendly! Definitely in the heart of everything.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank catlover10
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Stayed 3 nights for a Sunday football game. Would stay again if ever back in Charlotte.

Pros: clean, modern, located adjacent to great Charlotte entertainment & nightlife complex (Epicentre), nice center city location, well appointed guest rooms
, free internet access
Cons: a little tough to find (not well marked from the street), self parking instructions not clear (park underground in the Epicentre complex), housekeeping was inconvenient on both of the full days we stayed (day #1 left at 9:00 a.m., came back at 3:30 p.m. and still not done. Day #2 left at 11:00 a.m. , came back at 5:00 p.m. and still not done. We told the maid to forget it when she knocked 15 minutes later.

I have seen two other negative comments made by people on this site, and I understand both. One pertained to the outside noise levels. Definitely ask for the side opposite the Epicentre if this is an issue (although street noise can be easily heard on this side, even from our 15th floor room - I am sure they could' ve had a better design plan or way of insulating against outside noise). The other issue was of the need to take two separate elevators to get to your room from the self park garage and/or the street. Due to tripadvisor, we were aware of this but considered it a minor inconvenience as we have been to other hotels with similar elevator arrangements in the past.

1 Thank ricmiclab1
ATL, GA
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Difficult to manage parking, drunk guests in the elevators, and endless amounts of noise (even on the quiet side of the hotel) make this a very questionable stay if you do not have any business in the EpiCentre area (leisure or otherwise). Even on a Thursday night from the 15th floor, there was endless amounts of traffic drone, street-noise, and general drunk and disorderly conduct audible from the room in to the early morning hours. In addition, the noises of people walking by the common hallway, and closing their doors was very apparent.

The good however, gives the entire Aloft concept some hope. Intelligently designed rooms, free internet, cordless phones, and a modern approach to the bathroom and shower, in addition to a 42" flat screen TV with desk mounted HDMI, VGA, and composite video-in (some hotels lock these extra inputs out) make it clear that Aloft has catered to the contemporary traveler. A safe big enough for a laptop, coffee and tea facilities and an empty refrigerator round out the amenities nicely. I found the self-service cafe items to be reasonably priced, and the wraps tasted relatively fresh, considering I made a purchase at 11am.

Finally, as a new test I perform in all hotels with internet access, speedtest.net reported a remarkable 9.9 Mbps down, and 7.9 Mbps up transfer speed. Exceptional considering it is complementary.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank apl175

Travellers are raving about these Charlotte hotels