“Located in the heart of uptown, which is why it's so noisy”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
WInston-Salem, NC
“Located in the heart of uptown, which is why it's so noisy”
Reviewed 19 April 2010

This hotel is great for a quick overnight stay, which is what I'd recommend it to people for. I wouldn't stay there for an extended period of time. Rooms have everything you need, but the noise from the street is quite loud. We were on a fairly high floor, but that didn't lessen the noise much. Staff was very friendly, and the valet parking is helpful.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
orlando, fl
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The room and location are 5/5. Very cute "ikea" style rooms. At the Epicentre, with the great location comes the noise. We stayed on Saturday night and the music and screams were going till well after 3am. Luckily we were tired enough to pass out despite the noise. The noise within the hallways from other rooms was above average as well. Not very good insulation, but if you are looking to party in Charlotte and crash, this is a great place. Huge 40" flat screen was a definite plus.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I stayed at aloft Charlotte for one night for business. This hotel was not BAD by any means, but was not what I expected. As a SPG gold member, I have had the opportunity to stay at many Starwood properties, and this was not up to par with all of the other properties I have stayed at. Being a "vision of W (hotels)", I expected much more of this property. The staff were friendly, the hotel was nice, but I simply expected more for my money at this property. The rooms were cheap and decor was not nearly up to par. The decor of the room reminded me of cheap Ikea furniture, not something that a W hotel would provide. Although the rooms were not amazing, the location was perfect.

I did not have a problem with this hotel, and if you find a good deal <$150 or so then I say give it a shot. I had never stayed at a Starwood aLoft or Element property, so I decided to give it a shot. f I were to travel to Charlotte again, I would stay at the W down the road though.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 30 March 2010

What a great place to take yourself and your pet. They spoil our pooches with gift bags and their own beds all at no extra charge!

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My teen daughters and I accompanied my husband on a business trip, and one of the treats was the Aloft hotel in the EpiCentre in Charlotte. Valet parking is available, and the service was excellent and prompt. We had trouble finding this hotel, and actually circled the block 3-4 times before finally stopping to ask for the location. The entrance is where you see the signs for valet parking. To get into the hotel, you step into the building and take the elevator up to the fifth floor. This is the lobby of the hotel. A refreshing citrus smell greets you as you turn the corner to find the main desk and a some seating areas for mingling. The atmosphere is relaxed but attractive. My daughters said it was the "coolest hotel they'd ever seen." The decor would definitely appeal mainly to the teens through thirty-something age group. In the lobby there is ample seating, a pool table, plenty of drinks, snacks, etc. The desk staff is energetic, friendly, and helpful. They seem to enjoy their jobs, and they seem to want to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Something rarely seen at a hotel front desk anywhere!
Our room was very nice, and the decor was trendy and modern. Great views of the city and many attractions in the EpiCentre. A big screen TV is on the wall between two large windows. There is a good-sized desk in front of one of the windows with a comfortable chair. There is also an upholstered bench with room to seat three or more. The beds were comfortable but not fussy. The shower is furnished with Bliss shampoo/conditioner and body wash dispensers. Large mirror over sink and dressing area. Tiled floors in dressing area and bathroom. Room equipped w/ refrigerator, a powerful little hair dryer, one-serving-at-a-time coffee maker and a variety of coffees and teas, a safe, iron, and ironing board. The shower was relaxing, with just enough room.
Some reviewers mentioned the downtown noise, This IS an issue, but the AC/heating unit gives enough "white noise" to block it all out. Also, the window shades do an excellent job of keeping out all the light when they are drawn.
An analog clock and cordless (yes, cordless) phone are on the nightstand. Bed linens were in good condition and comfortable. Towels were in good shape and a good size. The room was clean and free of strange and musty hotel odors.
We enjoyed our stay, and thought the room was a lot of fun. Not at all a boring room. I would recommend that anyone give it a shot, especially if you have an appreciation for the modern decor.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GardeniaTeacup
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Amazing really. This hotel’s service was so bad, I had to laugh. The three valet guys did not even attempt to help us with our bags. In fact, as we struggled to find the luggage cart and then lug our bags from our car to the cart, they just stood there watching us. I seriously couldn’t believe it. Some pedestrian walking down the street ended up helping us because he couldn’t watch two small framed girls haul work luggage around on their own. Then, upon check-in we were greeted with the chilliest reception. They treated us like we were lucky to be staying there. And the shower! Half the water ends up on the floor due to poor construction. The employees act like this hotel is the Four Seasons, however, it is the Hampton Inn dressed in a trendy suit. With that said, the room wasn’t bad but good service goes a long way with me, so sorry, never again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank rsgathersnomoss

Travellers are raving about these Charlotte hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I found Aloft online as I wanted something a little different. It was one block from the Bobcat Arena where we were attending a concert. VERY good location for downtown play with plenty of clubs and restaurants in the near vicinity. The Epicenter is actually a complex of clubs in the base of the hotel. Nice shops- CVS, Bagel place,Jason's Deli up to dance clubs , piano bars and fine dining. I wished we were staying longer!

Front desk was very accommodating when asked on check out time(it was Sunday) to make a plane flight . Much appreciated.

Fun in-hotel bar and lobby area, convenient valet service made a great visit. Only suggestion might be a pillow topper for the mattress for those of us that like soft beds. If you like firm it's perfect!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple