Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Hampton.com
US$391
US$287
  • Room Service
All reviewsquiet sidewxyz bartrendy hotelvalet parkingepi centerparking deckrooms are modernbars and restaurantsawesome locationmovie theaterhigher floorvalet serviceself parkbank of america stadiumdowntown areagreat customer serviceconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Great hotel -- very busy atmosphere -- not a typical hotel - very modern, but VERY comfortable! Friendly staff - comfortable beds, pillows - it was a great experience -- I highly recommend this hotel~ !

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I will say the rooms are pricey but you are clearly paying for location. Right across the street from the Time-Warner arena and lots of good restaurants. The rooms were clean and the front desk was friendly. They have an indoor pool, but we didn't get a chance to check it out. They also have a cool bar area. You have to pay to park (in the parking deck) and then take the elevator to the 5th floor to get to the hotel. Also, our window looked directly out to Whisky River nightclub. They like to play their music loud...all night...so be prepared. If you are looking for a hip place to stay though, this is it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2010

This hotel is great for a quick overnight stay, which is what I'd recommend it to people for. I wouldn't stay there for an extended period of time. Rooms have everything you need, but the noise from the street is quite loud. We were on a fairly high floor, but that didn't lessen the noise much. Staff was very friendly, and the valet parking is helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The room and location are 5/5. Very cute "ikea" style rooms. At the Epicentre, with the great location comes the noise. We stayed on Saturday night and the music and screams were going till well after 3am. Luckily we were tired enough to pass out despite the noise. The noise within the hallways from other rooms was above average as well. Not very good insulation, but if you are looking to party in Charlotte and crash, this is a great place. Huge 40" flat screen was a definite plus.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I stayed at aloft Charlotte for one night for business. This hotel was not BAD by any means, but was not what I expected. As a SPG gold member, I have had the opportunity to stay at many Starwood properties, and this was not up to par with all of the other properties I have stayed at. Being a "vision of W (hotels)", I expected much more of this property. The staff were friendly, the hotel was nice, but I simply expected more for my money at this property. The rooms were cheap and decor was not nearly up to par. The decor of the room reminded me of cheap Ikea furniture, not something that a W hotel would provide. Although the rooms were not amazing, the location was perfect.

I did not have a problem with this hotel, and if you find a good deal <$150 or so then I say give it a shot. I had never stayed at a Starwood aLoft or Element property, so I decided to give it a shot. f I were to travel to Charlotte again, I would stay at the W down the road though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business