“Great place to stay.”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Ayrsley
Ranked #25 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I were here for a seminar. Check-in was the quickest I have ever seen. The staff is friendly, considerate, and very helpful. The rooms are spotless and quite comfortable. We had a great stay. Will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank 123manipulator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I was in town for 4 nights for business. I was given a recommendation to stay in the Pineville area as it was close to where I needed to go each day. My first choice had a horribly soft sagging bed, and there were no decent food options nearby. I decided to try near the airport instead, and stayed at another major name brand hotel... Another fail. bed was better, the spa pool was a concrete slab, mold in the bathroom, and again, no restaurants.

I decided to try the Hilton Garden Inn, knowing thier rate was more than my per diem. The hotel is in a nice area, there were restaurants within walking distance, the beds were firm (and adjustable). They had a restaurant/lounge area and room service available. For breakfast, they had a breakfast buffet - except all the egg dishes where made to order - no dry rubbery scrambled eggs.

Their business center allows you to send them a print job from anywhere and recover it on their printer, so I could signin for my flight at noon from my meetings, and return to the hotel at 5 and print everything with no hassles.

From what I saw, it was mainly other business travelers there for the 2 nights I stayed there, and it is fine for that. It is a bit pricey for the Charlotte area, and they didn't offer any significant discounts. They didn't have a government rate available any of the nights I traveled, and the rate I paid was more than $50 higher than the local government per diem rate, which means I probably won't be back for government travel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Wy0Traveller
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I've stayed at the Homewood Suites right across the street (also a good hotel) and decided to try this hotel.

Without knowing, I traveled there midweek before the NCAA finals. I had 1 night booked and was going to switch hotels for the 2nd night in a different town. After reviewing my schedule, I decided to stay here 2 nights so I didn't have to drive 2 hours at 5 a.m. the second day. The hotel was booked - actually overbooked. I couldn't even get in with my Hilton Diamond Status when I called Hilton the day before I arrived. I asked again at the front desk and they verified they were overbooked but would put me on the waiting list. I checked back several times that afternoon and evening (after they allowed me to check in early) and no luck. They were very patient even though I knew I was being a pest.

The next morning before starting to pack, I noticed there was no bill under my door. I called down and was told they managed to get me a room. That earned my loyalty right there.

Everyone at this hotel from the front desk, restaurant, bar, porters I encounters in the halls, even the maintenance man who was on the elevator, was friendly, polite and courteous. It's rare to have EVERYONE be this nice. My room was nice and very clean.

I worked late and didn't feel like going out for dinner. The bartender was great. I had a glass of wine and ordered a salad (very good). I brought my laptop down and worked at one of the tables while I ate.

There are several restaurants in the immediate area but most right there were crowded. There is an Applebees right outside their little area and found a Chili's in a little mall area (Wal Mart, Panera, etc) right across the highway.

This is now my hotel choice for all my Charlotte visits.

2 Thank SteelQueen04
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.This hotel was located in walking distance for restaurants and a Movie Theater which was very convienient. Hotel was very nice and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank 129ShirlD
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Arrived late evening Thurs., Feb 9, 2012 & very warmly welcomed by desk staff. Attended business meeting there at the Hilton Garden Inn on Fri & Satruday, Feb 10 & 11, 2012. Beds were comfortable, rooms seemed a little small, room was clean but housekeeping could have paid more attention to detail (also, in the room next to mine, they had room service the night before & tray was left out almost 24 hrs). Shower/tub combo was Pik shower head & plenty of hot warm. The desk staff & restaurant staff were very friendly & accommodating. Complimentary was very good, many, many choices, hot food hot, cold food cold, etc. Hot beverages, fruit & cookies available 24/7. Indoor/outdoor pool, whirlpool & exercise room was adequate & well kept. (Landscaping was very attractive!) Parking, no problem. (Could have used a few more 'available' luggage carts.) Housekeeping could have paid more attention to detail in cleaning guest room (not a major problem). Enjoyed having a refrigerator & microwave & a small coffee pot in the room. The bed had something like a 'Select Comfort' style mattress (couldn't really tell the difference when adjusted) but bed was firm & comfortable. Room also included an occasional chair & ottoman, writing desk & comfortable chair. Only real complaint was carpeting appeared to need a good scrubbing. Not filthy but not as clean as it could have been. Housekeeping did a decent job with upkeep of the entire hotel. A little pricey for the standard room ( & rooms were small). I would stay again but I would look into cheaper rates per room.

2 Thank marty067
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here for my daughter's soccer tournament. The property seems to be relatively new. The rooms are your standard HGI rooms - but very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is in a mixed-use development that also appears to be new as there are lots of empty retail spaces. Nonetheless, it is within walking distance to a large movie theater and a couple of restaurants. What makes this hotel almost perfect? The food quality at breakfast...the coffee was not that flavorful and lukewarm; my daughter's pancakes were tough and rubbery. We did order room service one night, though, and had no issues.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Love2trvl0
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed for a couple of nights and everything was well run and well done. Room is clean, internet works, pantry has some good snacks, and the fitness room actually has some real equipment. Is also by some very good restaurants. Came down for business, but would be happy to stay on any occasion. Nothing fancy..it's not a resort, but for what you are expecting it actually meets expectations!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business