“A big improvement since my last stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Ayrsley
Ranked #25 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, Georgia
“A big improvement since my last stay”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After my last visit to this hotel I said I'd never stay here again, but since it was race weekend my options were limited. I gave it another try and this time I was very happy. My last visit was the absolute worst 2 nights sleep I ever had but now that they've gotten rid of the number system bed (I forget what they were called) I had a much better nights sleep. When we arrived the A/C would not kick in but the guy at the front desk came and fixed it. It struggled to cool down the room and kept stopping starting every 5 minutes but at least it was working somewhat. The second night the issue seemed to resolve itself and it cooled down the room a lot better. the guy working the front desk at night was extremely helpful and friendly. we ate at the restaurant for Breakfeast both days. Quality of food seems to be taking a nosedive. Not worth if you've got to pay for it, if you get it for free then it's worth every penny. Would I return to this hotel next time in the area? Well it won't be my first choice (found a much better HGI by the airport!!) but I will stay here if none of my other favorite Hilton brand hotels are available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
South Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel. I love Charlotte as little getaway for my family, and I plan to stay here again. I had just a slight problem with the operation of the A/C unit in my room. The ladies at the front desk, Amanda and Jennifer, did not hesitate once in helping to alleviate the issue. They were so polite, nice, and informative from the beginning of my stay until the end. I would highly recommend this hotel to other friends and family members. Thanks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I truly enjoyed my overnight stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ayersley, NC - the hotel is very pretty and offers everything you could want. When I arrived I was assigned a room and I made a request for a change and it was quickly accomodated. The room was quiet and extremely clean and comfortable. I will be staying there again and again when I visit NC in the future

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Anaheim Hills, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed here multiple times, each was a great experience. Walking distance to everything was an added bonus. Breakfast was a great, good food, for a reasonable price. Staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The staff and facilities rank among the best I have experienced. I am fortunate that this hotel is the primary hotel for me and my guests when traveling to Charlotte for business. It has several restaurants within walking distance as well as a movie theater. The breakfast provided is first class the hotel is clean and newly renovated. I have not had a bad experience and my guests always rave about the rooms and amenities.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed here before and were very pleased. This visit was even better. They ungraded us and we had a beautiful suite. It had a very large bath that had a separate shower and tub, and it had a 1/2 bath. We had a king size bed and living area. They have the pantry that lets you get snacks and other food if you get hungry and don't want to go out. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Even in the meeting room the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Loveland, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This Hilton Garden Inn was outstanding and exceeded my expectations in many ways. After traveling for four weeks straight, I ended up in this place accidentally and it was well appointed, relaxing, with excellent breakfast service and engaging bar staff. Well done!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business