“Not a bridesmaids experience”
Review of Chima Steakhouse

Chima Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$15 - US$54
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
Description: Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy appetizers and cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge. Private rooms available for up to 150 guests
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here while visiting friends. Service was exceptional- Daniel was great! I was personally underwhelmed by the food, but let's be honest.... the guys loved it!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wonderful service, Excellent food and Great atmosphere rigrht in the heart of Uptown/Downtown❗️❗️ Bring the Grown and Sexy!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great food. Great service. Great drinks. Good for groups, special occasions, or a romantic dinner. If you have a special request they always try to accomodate

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I went here for our first year anniversary, and it was a pleasant surprise that my husband gave me.

The salad bar is sooo extensive (full of variety including seafood), and just so delicious!

The fact that my husband and I are meat lovers may add to this review being great but I am trying to look at the experience overall. I love the experience of the meat being brought to your table and you can even pick from a picture menu if you want a certain type of meat. The staff approached us several times and was very very friendly. They would joke with us and constantly ask us how much meat we wanted instead of just dropping a slice in our plates. Also, the place was packed but our service was very timely and courteous despite this fact.

For dessert we had a New York cheesecake with a candle in it, and green tea, and it was solid. There could have been a little more pizazz or twist added to the dessert, but it was still sweet and tasty.

In terms of aesthetics, I loved the contemporary look from outside and within. Love how the salad bar is in the middle.

For those who are complaining about the price tag, I think you would expect that for something located in Uptown, a restaurant which serves a ton of meat and showcases an amazing salad bar that you can dig in, along with a knowledgeable and highly attentive staff (some who look native to Brazil too).

It was a great (and scrumptious) dinner night for our first anniversary. Enough said.

1  Thank Aisha K
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I took my husband and grandchildren for the atmosphere.
The food was excellent, the service and attention are unbelievable. Lots of personal attention. When they replenish your drink it is with a fresh glass every time. My grandchildren enjoyed picking what they wanted off the skewers and tried things they may not have if it was on a menu. You need to go expecting to spend a lot of money, but it is worth it for the experience.

1  Thank Sheila S

Been to Chima Steakhouse? Share your experiences!