“Great food, reasonable prices”
Review of Las Margaritas

Las Margaritas
Ranked #314 of 2,465 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Oh, the things I love about Las Margaritas. The service is warm, friendly and super fast every time. They have all of my favorite Mexican food dishes, plus a few others I’ve grown to love. The prices are reasonable, they have great drink specials. And they have made to order churros.

My husband and I (and a few friends) frequent this place often. My personal favorites are the tortilla soup or chicken soup, chilaquiles and chile rellenos. If you like to share, they have combo plates that you can get with 1-3 entrées for something like $8. The 3-entrée plate is almost too big for two people even, so that makes it a great bargain. The salsa is freshly made and the chips are always warm.

And the churros! For $3 you get a giant plate of six churros. They don’t fry them until you order them, so they come to the table still warm, a little crispy on the outside and soft and delicious on the inside. These churros have ruined me for all others.

The location might be a little off-putting for some (in a strip mall on Independence), but don’t let that keep you from eating there. It’s a great place.