“Good stay in quite, park-like surroundings”

Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport
Ranked #135 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Philadelphia,pa
“Good stay in quite, park-like surroundings”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Had a nice stay. Although it's "airport" area I only saw one plane and never heard one my entire two day stay. Location is about 10 minutes south of downtown (even if you stay off the highway) and is near plenty of shopping and eating options. There were several hotels in this park-like area but ESA had the best rate and the added kitchenette was a plus. The room was clean and refurbed not too long ago. TV reception was off but a call to the front desk had it fixed the next day. Smallest of gripes - no shampoo. Now I'm sure it may be available upon request but my overnight travel kit is devoid of any TSA snafus such as 3oz liquid bottles needing a see through bag. A nearby Walgreens gave me a larger variety from which to choose :-)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank bobscottonline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NORTH CAROLINA
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel frequently has small problems and unrepaired items in its rooms because they don't inspect them properly before the guest arrives. During my most recent visit, the shower didn't work properly. During previous visits, I have had problems with refrigerators, phones, toilets, television remotes, door locks, and closet doors. Management doesn't seem to have a protocol for inspecting the rooms to make sure they are ready for occupancy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 131ANONYMOUS131
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Super clean space. Stayed here for a week. Felt like a small studio apt with kitchen, bathroom and small closet. Some neighbors were loud but overall quite at night. Offered shuttle service to airport and Walmart but I didn't end up using it.

Had a random guy knock on my door that I didn't know so I called to inform the front desk but I was told they didn't have security on-site to come check it out and didn't follow-up on it. The lady said that they would have the shuttle driver come around but he wouldn't be back for another half hour which didn't feel reassuring. Also, guys would be loitering around or outside the balcony a few doors from my room. That made me feel a little unsafe being a solo female travel. Customer service at the desk was just okay but could sense they didn't even want to be there. Maid service only came once during my stay to replenish soap and clean towels. They were stingy on complimentary products like creamer and soap.

I would pick a different extended stay next time.

Room Tip: No business center or swimming pool. Offered free gym admission but the gym was 5 miles away, no shu...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mom084
JR M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Eagle Lake
Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway
Eagle Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
HYATT house Charlotte Airport
#24 of 177 in Charlotte
Montclaire South
Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport

Property: Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport
Address: 710 Yorkmont Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217-2423 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Charlotte Coliseum)
Region: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #135 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Charlotte Coliseum Hotel Charlotte