“Felt like home”

Ranked #138 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Hinesville, Georgia
“Felt like home”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed 5 nights in a non-smoking studio suite. It truly felt like home. I loved the bed because it was so soft and comfortable. The bed was so great that I actually slept at least 10 hours each day while I was there. I felt so rested and relaxed. The room had a refrigerator which I loved. It kept my orange juice and Gatorade super cold, just the way I like it. I didn't use the stove top or cabinet. I did use one bowl out of the dishes to heat up my grits in the microwave though. In fact, the microwave was all I used since I ate out and bought food to be heated up in it. I loved the bathroom, especially the shower. The only disappointing thing about my stay was the television only had like 20 channels and the wifi moved at dial up speed. These things didn't bother me too much because I had all 8 of my external hard drives. I mostly watched movies and other videos that I had downloaded on not only them but my laptop as well. I also didn't like being located in the third building all the way in the back of the hotel complex. This meant a longer walk to the lobby and the bus stop, but I dealt with it, as it wasn't too big of a deal. I also liked the 6:30-8:30 nightly Wal-Mart runs provided by the hotel van service. This saved me the aggravation of depending too heavily on the bus system to get back and forth from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ray W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a complementary and positive review for us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to make you feel so at home and catch up on your sleep ! We strive to make you as comfortable as possible and we are so glad you felt that.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed two nights in a king suite while finishing up a local contract. Bed was firm, but comfortable. This hotel has been newly renovated. In fact, they were resurfacing the parking lot while I was there. Suite had a eat-at kitchen bar that doubles as kitchen counter space. Kitchen has: dish rack, hand towels and washcloth, strainer, skillet and saucepan, both with lids, two each of dinner plates, small plates, bowls, cups and mugs. Had basic silverware, large spoon, spatula, can opener, coffee pot, and toaster. Full size fridge.small sink, but workable. Bathroom was clean, not much counter space. Grounds were nicely landscaped and well kept, staff friendly. Did not use laundry or fitness center. There was a picnic table and grill to the back, and an area (dog run?) that was fenced/access with gate. Area is considered airport, but did not hear much air traffic (I was on top floor). It is in an area with several hotels, some restaurants, but towards the back of the area (read: further away from traffic noise). Easy highway access. Overall, would go back or recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesli O
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Lesli - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so happy to hear that our hotel provided you with a comfortable and clean guest room. I am pleased that you you found our renovations to be an added value.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

At first glance it looks like a small apartment complex. Until you enter the lobby and greeted by pleasant professional staff. Parking is convent, no elevator so beware of over packing. The kitchenette style rooms are clean and you are supplied with all fridge and the essentials for your stay. It's pet friendly and a great place to travel with the family. Most of all its the best deal in town.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Stefybaby
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you recognized the professionalism of our staff. As well, that you enjoyed your room, complete with in-room kitchen, and that we are pet friendly.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is newly renovated and has a fresh and appealing look. The rooms are clean and the hotel staff is friendly. The rooms are spacious, but trying to access the AC unit when the pullout coach is out is very cumbersome. But, not really a big deal. Just thought I would mention it. The kitchen has everything you need, except a dishwasher. Easily located from the interstate and to be an airport location, I didn't hear any planes. Very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: If you have small children, you might want to request a ground level floor at the time of booking...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean room and our friendly staff. As well, it is great that you enjoyed your in-room kitchen and our convenient location.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stay here regularly when working in Charlotte. The rooms are always clean, rarely have problems and the free wi-fi is adequate for most purposes. Location is central, 15 mins. from Uptown or Steele Creek. Very good deals through Priceline.

Room Tip: I've been on both floors in all three buildings, never had a problem with any.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff B
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2013

After My bad experiences on my last trip I decided I would go ahead and pay more money for a better hotel experience. I have never stayed at an Extended Stay America before but let me tell you it was great and more than what I was expecting. I didn't know they were set up like little studios and that there would be a full size fridge and a usable kitchen, so you can imagine my surprise when I walked in to see this room with all these extra's I hadn't planned on. It was fantastic! I don't think I will ever stay at another type of hotel again. The staff (Katie) was knowledgeable and friendly and very helpful in suggesting a delivery restaurant as I got in late and don't know the area. The morning staff was nice and congenial-I didn't get his name since I didn't stop to chat but he was nice.
Overall the bed was firm and oh sooo comfortable, the room was clean and the walls thick. The AC/heater that I thought would be loud and noisy and not work did and very well and quietly too, which again was a plus. Another great selling point was that I paid the same amount I had paid for a crummy motel because I booked through Travelocity and got a discount. I will definitely be staying there again on my return trip back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lavon C
Philadelphia,pa
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Had a nice stay. Although it's "airport" area I only saw one plane and never heard one my entire two day stay. Location is about 10 minutes south of downtown (even if you stay off the highway) and is near plenty of shopping and eating options. There were several hotels in this park-like area but ESA had the best rate and the added kitchenette was a plus. The room was clean and refurbed not too long ago. TV reception was off but a call to the front desk had it fixed the next day. Smallest of gripes - no shampoo. Now I'm sure it may be available upon request but my overnight travel kit is devoid of any TSA snafus such as 3oz liquid bottles needing a see through bag. A nearby Walgreens gave me a larger variety from which to choose :-)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo