“Wonderful service at Extended Stay America - Charlotte Airport”

Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport
Ranked #136 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful service at Extended Stay America - Charlotte Airport”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I would like to thank all the wonderful staff at Extended Stay America - Charlotte Airport for making our stay with them so pleasant and helping us ease into our new home in America. Their wonderful cheerful and helpful attitude is second to none. They catered for all of our needs and requirements and went over and above the call of duty to accommodate us, supplying us with extra coat hangers, can / tin openers, plates pots pans etc. Huge thanks to Bianca's beautiful smile and cheerful bright attitude, also huge thanks to Katie and Heather for taking such good care of us. They are a credit to their manager and to Extended Stay. After a month stay there the place began to feel like home it was always nice to return to a warm welcoming smile!

We had fun teaching each other English and American terminology!

The rooms with kitchenette, have all been recently renovated and were clean and adequate with good heating system. The beds were very comfortable giving us a good nights sleep. The premises has washer dryers, which was very convenient for our weekly laundry.

Room Tip: We were fortunate enough to have a room on the ground floor which was very handy coming home with sh...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful and complimentary review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made you feel so welcome and a part of our family! I am also glad that we were able to meet all your needs and provide you with a comfortable place to stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at this hotel. I had stayed at the extended stay in Warwick RI, so I thought the hotel would be a safe bet. Unlike the one in Warwick, this one was set up like a motel, doors on the outside instead of in a hallway.

Our flight got in at 8 am, and we hadn't slept the night before. The first thing we did in Charlotte was went to the front desk to ask how soon we would be able to check in. The woman at the desk took down my phone number and said it wouldn't be until after lunch time, but she'd give us a call when the room was available. She also advised me that I would have to put a $50 deposit down for using priceline (which hasn't been credited back yet).

Between 9 am and 2:45 pm, we meandered a local mall, waiting for a phone call stating our room would be ready. We returned to the hotel, only to be told that our room had been ready, but she had lost our phone number. She stated that she had been expecting a phone call from us, but apologized that the situation had happened.

We went into the room, and the heat had been blasting (presumably since they made the room available). Because it was a smoking room, it was unbearable to stay in the room with the heat as warm as it was. We opened the windows and turned the AC on. About 15 minutes later, we were able to start unpacking comfortably in the room. I did find that it smelled like smoke the entire time we were in there, and all my things came home smelling like smoke. It might be worth it for the company to invest in hepa-filters for these rooms.

Over all, the room was pretty clean. I checked the sheets and only found one (non-pubic) hair. The bathtub was pretty clean as well, again with only one hair there.

There was a light bulb missing on a lamp on the side of the bed. The drain part of the bathtub was dismantled when we got there, and there was no plastic liner, so when you took a shower, the water got all over the floor. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be that way, but I honestly wasn't comfortable calling to ask.

We had gone to see a football game, so by the time we left, we were already pretty beat, and didn't see us making the checkout time on time. I had called front desk and they advised us that we would be allowed to check out at 1 pm. That is what makes this review a 4 and not a 3, although housecleaning did try to come in at 11 am. I was still sleeping at this point and had to yell that we had a late check out.

As far as the location of the hotel, it was in a great spot with plenty of food and stores around. I had read reviews staying that you could hear the road, which you can. But honestly, it's not unbearable, and it didn't bother me at all.

The breakfast was not worth waking up early for, which I had been able to see it when we were trying to check in the first time. There was fruit and granola bars with some coffee.

The TV had at max 28 channels, and I personally wasn't interested in anything that was on, but we didn't go there to watch TV.

All and all, this hotel was great for the price, but you can't expect to be walking into luxury. The staff had a pleasant attitude, and it was perfect for the two nights that we were staying.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a non-smoking room, even if you smoke. The weather is good enough to smoke outside an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kaitlyn K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us for the Panthers game. We appreciate your feedback about the maintenance issue in the room and we have rectified the issue. Still, I was glad to hear that our staff made you feel at home and welcomed.

Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed 5 nights in a non-smoking studio suite. It truly felt like home. I loved the bed because it was so soft and comfortable. The bed was so great that I actually slept at least 10 hours each day while I was there. I felt so rested and relaxed. The room had a refrigerator which I loved. It kept my orange juice and Gatorade super cold, just the way I like it. I didn't use the stove top or cabinet. I did use one bowl out of the dishes to heat up my grits in the microwave though. In fact, the microwave was all I used since I ate out and bought food to be heated up in it. I loved the bathroom, especially the shower. The only disappointing thing about my stay was the television only had like 20 channels and the wifi moved at dial up speed. These things didn't bother me too much because I had all 8 of my external hard drives. I mostly watched movies and other videos that I had downloaded on not only them but my laptop as well. I also didn't like being located in the third building all the way in the back of the hotel complex. This meant a longer walk to the lobby and the bus stop, but I dealt with it, as it wasn't too big of a deal. I also liked the 6:30-8:30 nightly Wal-Mart runs provided by the hotel van service. This saved me the aggravation of depending too heavily on the bus system to get back and forth from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ray W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a complementary and positive review for us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to make you feel so at home and catch up on your sleep ! We strive to make you as comfortable as possible and we are so glad you felt that.

Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed two nights in a king suite while finishing up a local contract. Bed was firm, but comfortable. This hotel has been newly renovated. In fact, they were resurfacing the parking lot while I was there. Suite had a eat-at kitchen bar that doubles as kitchen counter space. Kitchen has: dish rack, hand towels and washcloth, strainer, skillet and saucepan, both with lids, two each of dinner plates, small plates, bowls, cups and mugs. Had basic silverware, large spoon, spatula, can opener, coffee pot, and toaster. Full size fridge.small sink, but workable. Bathroom was clean, not much counter space. Grounds were nicely landscaped and well kept, staff friendly. Did not use laundry or fitness center. There was a picnic table and grill to the back, and an area (dog run?) that was fenced/access with gate. Area is considered airport, but did not hear much air traffic (I was on top floor). It is in an area with several hotels, some restaurants, but towards the back of the area (read: further away from traffic noise). Easy highway access. Overall, would go back or recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesli O
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Lesli - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so happy to hear that our hotel provided you with a comfortable and clean guest room. I am pleased that you you found our renovations to be an added value.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

At first glance it looks like a small apartment complex. Until you enter the lobby and greeted by pleasant professional staff. Parking is convent, no elevator so beware of over packing. The kitchenette style rooms are clean and you are supplied with all fridge and the essentials for your stay. It's pet friendly and a great place to travel with the family. Most of all its the best deal in town.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Stefybaby
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you recognized the professionalism of our staff. As well, that you enjoyed your room, complete with in-room kitchen, and that we are pet friendly.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is newly renovated and has a fresh and appealing look. The rooms are clean and the hotel staff is friendly. The rooms are spacious, but trying to access the AC unit when the pullout coach is out is very cumbersome. But, not really a big deal. Just thought I would mention it. The kitchen has everything you need, except a dishwasher. Easily located from the interstate and to be an airport location, I didn't hear any planes. Very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: If you have small children, you might want to request a ground level floor at the time of booking...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean room and our friendly staff. As well, it is great that you enjoyed your in-room kitchen and our convenient location.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stay here regularly when working in Charlotte. The rooms are always clean, rarely have problems and the free wi-fi is adequate for most purposes. Location is central, 15 mins. from Uptown or Steele Creek. Very good deals through Priceline.

Room Tip: I've been on both floors in all three buildings, never had a problem with any.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business