“Nice wedding, great view!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte
Victorian Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Charlotte B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was in a wedding that was at the Victorian Villa B&B in May. The bride and her family rented the place for the entire weekend. The view was gorgeous and the rooms were pretty standard, but nice. The wedding was beautiful, but really hot! The food was good and the breakfast in the morning was even better. We enjoyed ourselves and the bride has fabulous pictures. The staff was very helpful and did what they could to accomodate requests. The owners made sure that the majority of the bride's requests were met, to the best of their ability. Apparently the boat was not ready after the ceremony, but I'm not sure they had asked about it before the wedding. We had a great weekend and a nice stay.

Room Tip: Choose a downstairs room if you are 1) clumsy like me (the steps are a little intimidating) and 2) i...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Our daughter got married at the Victorian Villa B&B on 8/27/11 and she had her perfect outdoor fairly tale wedding. The setting was just beautiful! Liz & Todd have created the perfect place to have an outdoor wedding and with all the updates that you've done since we decided to have the wedding there are just amazing. We were a little worried about the weather, with the Hurricane off the coast, but we couldn't have asked for a better day. I wanted to thank the owners Liz & Todd and their very special and professional staff for making the day so special. Everyone that attended the wedding told us how much they enjoyed the wedding, the venue, the food, and especially the staff because the staff made everyone feel so special. Thank you so much to each of you for taking such great care of everyone, and making our wedding one that we will all remember for years to come! I truly appreciate all that each of you did to make it such a special day for our daughter, and all our guest. Thanks so much for everything!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My Husband and I rented out the entire Villa for two nights for our Daughter's Wedding. The Villa is on Lake Wylie and is on a private corner of the lake. A beautiful venue for an outdoor wedding with a gazebo beside the lake to have the ceremony, a grand stairway for the bride to make her entrance and plenty of outdoor space to have the reception afterwards. You can view their website if you need more info about this. My husband and I along with two other couples stayed the night of the wedding. The Villa is beautifully decorated with victorian furnIture throughout, also antiques. We admired the many stainglassed windows throughout the Villa. My husband and I chose to stay in The Lincoln Suite. It was located on the top floor of the Villa. The room came with a king sized sleigh bed that was very comfortable. The room was large with a sitting area and a fireplace. A balcony comes with this room with a view of the lake and two chairs to sit in and a small table. There is a private bath that is large with a garden tub and a separate shower. There is a beautiful artwork above the bath on the ceiling that makes this bathroom unique. The only negative I had about the bathroom was the sink was in need of the drain being cleaning because it drained very slow and would fill up while washing your face. I am sure this can be easily corrected. Since this is a bed and breakfast we had a wonderful breakfast waiting for us at 9:00a.m. the next morining prepared by their lovely cook. The cook was very frendly and shared wonderful stories with us. She had coffee and juice, fresh fruit, along with paincakes and sausage that she made that morning fresh. If you love the view of a lake and all that is victorian you will love this villa for a wedding or just an overnight stay. Just be prepared if you stay on a weekend they have weddings amost every weekend there booked in advance for up to two years. Many couples who are married here come back and stay there to visit the Villa they were married at. We did not use the lake but you are allowed to do this as well and they have a swimming pool on the property to use .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I was married at Victorian Villa on May 6th. The venue was gorgeous, the food was delicious and the staff was absolutely amazing. I worked with Todd for planning and his wife Liz executed the day of. Both were fabulous to work with. The attention to every detail meant the world to us. My husband and I have received extremely positive feedback from guests that attended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My son was married at the Victorian Villa Inn on April 30, 2011. As mother of the groom, I worked with Liz and Todd to help coordinate the rehearsal dinner plans and a few logistics for the wedding ceremony. Both Liz and Todd were extremely helpful prior to the wedding. They responded to requests for a visit to the venue and other questions in a timely and codridal manner. It was evident from our first meeting that the owners of the Victorian Villa Inn are passionate about making your wedding the one you have always dreamed of. They are quick to offer dinner and/or reception decor that they have on hand, but are also very open to using things that the bridal couple chooses. Even though the Hutcheson's have their own wedding director, they graciously allowed a family friend to work with their director to make the wedding flow as the bride and groom wanted it to. As for the review who were upset about the police officer being present, I was informed at my first meeting with Liz that there would be security for the vehicles parked at the elementary school about 1/2 mile from the Inn and free shuttle service for guests to and from the parking area. This was a comfort to me, not a red flag! I knew that we could tell friends and family that their vehicles would be in a safe and secure area during the wedding and reception.
From the time we arrived on Friday afternoon, the staff bent over backwards to help iin any way imaginable. I had hardly stepped out of our vehicle until the "girls" were there to greet us and to unload our things. They offered to set up the tables with the centerpieces and favors as we described. Even though they were busy getting things ready for the rehearsal and dinner, they continuously asked as to our comfort or if there was anything that they could do for us. They obviously care about customer service and satisfaction!!
I spent most of the day at the Inn as the family prepared for the late afternoon wedding. The accommodations that they provided for those who did not stay the night were charming, spacious and comfortable. The gazebo where the ceremony was held was a beautiful, lakeside setting. I think it brought tears to everyone when the bride descended the grand staircase and down the paved walkway. It was truly a magical day!!
The reception on the shaded patio was both comfortable (not so hot) and gorgeous! The food was delicious and there was more than enough for everyone to enjoy!! The only recommendation that I would make is to be sure to tell friends and family to wear flat shoes as it is somewhat difficult to walk on the uneven paving stones.
This was truly one of the most beautiful places for an outdoor wedding that I have ever visited. If you are looking for an outdoor wedding venue with an exceptional staff, wonderful fod and "fairytale magic", I would definitely recommend contacting the Victorian Villa Inn in Charlotte, NC.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CDBostian
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I just got married at the Victorian Villa on April 30, 2011 and my bridal party/family stayed at the inn the entire weekend. We were there from a few hours before our rehearsal dinner Friday evening and some family members were there until around lunch time Sunday. Let me start with the rooms/our stay. The room decor is beautiful, and we all slept great. We had tons of room to spread out whether we were just hanging out outside or when everyone was getting ready for the wedding on Saturday. Everything was clean & functional, and the staff was *fantastic*. From the time we arrived, we were greeted at our car and asked what we could be helped in with and I was introduced to Liz (one of the owner's), as I had not met her in my earlier planning meetings. Everyone there remarked on the level of service provided by the entire staff and the breakfast provided in the mornings was great, we were not rushed at all and it was extremely relaxing. As for the actual wedding -- everything we talked about in my initial trip out and subsequent meetings was done, and I personally did not lift a finger, other than showing the staff what stuff I had provided for the wedding & what I wanted to have done with it. If there were any issues with our wedding -- I never knew about it, which was exactly what I wanted! All of our outside vendors who came in, that had not been to the Villa before, loved it and several said they thought it would be a great place for a girl's weekend.
I could not have been any happier with any aspect of our wedding weekend! Todd, Liz and their staff are great. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and nice, and not just to the bride & groom -- any guest that was there. I would recommend them to any friend I have planning their wedding or just wanting a little getaway. You all made our day and I could not be more grateful to you ALL for that. Thanks :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ABostian2011
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I met with the owners of the Victorian Villa last night. What a fairytale place! I have been to the Vanlandingham, the dairy barn, the orchard house, and looked in to deer pond plantation.....this blows them out of the water. Todd and Lizz are very nice and accommodating to my last minute schedule. The grounds of the property are elegant. The flowers were beautifully kept and the design was perfect. You can tell how much time and love Todd has put in to designing the perfect place for a wedding! They had a perfect blend of professionalism and being personable. The dance floor out side is so beautiful!! The lighting is perfect. I can't wait to have my first dance there. The bedrooms in the home are picturesque. I've been to quite a few bed and breakfast's this is the best I've seen. I've got to say that any one who puts a bad review here is simply upset because of there own problems. I have so much confidence that Lizz and Todd and the Victorian Villa is the perfect place to have a wedding. Lizz told me how she has carefully picked there staff and took time training them for etiquette. They took their time taking me on a tour of the grounds. The hand made curved wooden grand stair case may be the most beautiful part. :) He also explained in detail our choices on everything. I did not feel like I was getting pushed in to a sale at all! Also they are about completely booked for the next year...so that's gotta tell you something. I am very impressed and look forward to doing business with them!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple