“Loved it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte
Victorian Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Charlotte B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Loved it”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My brother and his wife just had there wedding there. I fell in love with this place! As part of the bridal party I spent the night there and absolutely loved the room. The chef was amazing! The wedding turned out abselutly beautiful. The wedding party was pretty large and a bit over whelming at times. However Liz, her children, and staff were very attentive to all of our needs. I would recommend a wedding there to anyone. I can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank CbH999

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Connecticut
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I stayed one night here as part of a long "Road Trip" we took starting late October. We picked the place based on the pictures and glowing reviews, but were somewhat disappointed with our experience. In retrospect we could see this was a nice place for weddings but with that "season" over it didn't appear like it was a main venue for many people. We like to meet people, but were the only ones staying that night, and we never met the innkeepers at all.
The inn is west of the airport on a small lake, at what is advertized as a dead end road. There were a couple of signs on properties, including the inn that warned of private properties and not to park there that led us to think they must have a problem at times with people visiting the lake. We encountered a full parking lot, which at first made us excited that we would be seeing lots of people, only to learn that they were workers' cars, not guests, and the workers were not even there, but working elsewhere. We were greeted right away by two teenage children of the innkeepers, and they checked us in and were very friendly and helpful. The first floor room we stayed in was small but clean, the bed comfortable. The property has extensive setup outside obviously for holding wedding events, and we could see it would be a very pretty site for such an event. Inside, the breakfast room was a long enclosed porch with a great view of the lake outside. But the main room had black fabric furniture, some of which was draped, as if covered for the winter. We went out for dinner with friends we were connecting with on our trip, and arrived back to discover all the cars gone, and we the only guests. There is a coded door lock that you have to punch the numbers in to open--but at night it was in total darkness so I had to get a flashlight from the car to get into the inn; without my flashlight I don't think we could have gotten in at all. The inn was quite cool by that time but we didn't discover how to turn on any heat, so just bundled up while reading. Never heard or saw another soul. Really felt like we were staying at, well, a spooky house you see in a scary movie.
In the morning we were greeted by the chef, who had come in to cook our breakfast. He made an excellent stuffed-french toast breakfast, and more importantly was very engaging, so we had a wonderful time talking with him while eating. If we had met the innkeepers and they were as interesting as he was, we could understand all the positive reviews by others. But overall, it was not a wonderful experience for us.

Room Tip: Chose an upstairs room if the place is busy.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkiLoverofCT
Liz H, Owner at Victorian Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
As the owner of the Villa, I must say that we are sorry your visit felt lonely. You are correct that we are very busy and stay sold out with weddings. We do not even advertise the B&B separately. There are a few guests that find us and like the seclusion, while others do not. At the time you chose to visit, as you mentioned we were off-season. Due to the number of hours we work during wedding season, we take our vacations during the winter which does feel a little lonely to traveling guests I suppose. Hutch had just come home from a surgery that went badly, and we were at the emergency room until 5:30am and depended on our kids to check you in. They are not little kids (17 and 19 years old) however and both work full time for our business and are very trained and professional. Overall, I understand your frustration and disappointment. Please allow us another chance to accommodate you in the future (from March through November :-)!) and we can provide a much better experience for you at a reduced rate. Again we sincerely apologize that you stay was not exemplary.
tallmadge
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My daughter was married at the villa October 27 2012 what an amazing wedding. Liz and her staff are wonderful and polite. We booked the place from friday to sunday all the girls stayed on friday and saturday we
watched the staff turn the place into my daughters dream wedding. We had planned on putting together our own centerpieces that my daughter had chosen but Liz told us they would take care of them just show them
what we had brought. Every detail was taken care of there was no stress thanks to the all the staff. The wedding was perfect thanks to Liz who makes detail important and everyone important. (She even remembers
everyones name) I would highly recommend this place for your future wedding. The best compliment was when my son-in-law called and told us thank you the wedding was everything they had imagined.Thank you to
Liz and her staff!!! The breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was wonderful too!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was the Mother of the Bride and what a fantastic experience we had at Victorian Villa all the staff and owners { Liz and Todd} were so attentive wanting to please in every way to all of us EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING was perfect. The venue was beautiful the grounds and the inside . We reserved the Villa from Friday night rehearsal to the bride and groom leaving Sunday morning. Food was delicious and served at the right temps.I would give this venue 10 out 10. Way to go Villa YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a wedding venue I totally suggest giving Victorian Villa a try it will be mor...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Thank you Todd and Liz Hutcherson, chef, and staff for a truly amazing weekend. We all were waited on with 5 Star style. Our daughter had her dream wedding at your amazing Villa. Our family had the 5 rooms for the weekend, very comfortable. We also had the rehearsal dinner at the Villa, an all- inclusive event location.The rooms and house take you back to the Victorian era. The grounds are meticulous and everywhere you look ,a little something unique and special. The spectacular staircase made my daughter's entrance to her father and the gazebo "the icing on the cake"! The chef prepared delicious breakfasts and the wedding meal was delicious. The staff served the food, which was a nice touch and they were so professional. The guest got to and from the Villa in their van.The Villa gazebo and grounds on Lake Wylie were AMAZINGLY beautiful for the photos.Liz and her staff were so organized, so professional and especially so friendly, always a smile on everyone's faces. The compliments have not stopped from family and friends. They say it is the most beautiful wedding they have EVER been to. Jen and Doug's
wedding day was PERFECT! GREAT JOB!!! Sandra and Richard, Pittsburgh,PA, parents of the bride

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Matt and I were married at the Victorian Villa on March 24, 2012. We fell in love with the villa the moment we saw it online. However, once we were there, we fell in love even more. It is such a romantic place! From the soft music playing to the lights, this place is definitely one of a kind! Matt and I met Liz and Hutch in September when we made an appointment to check out the venue. We booked our wedding that night! Every time we made contact with them, we truly felt like we were the only wedding they had to think about. Each time, they would remember previous conversations, parents names and even more! Liz and Hutch definitely know what they are doing! I think my favorite part besides getting married was how stress free the planning was. The Villa handles A LOT for you! For the most part, I think we only had to worry about supplying the alcohol, photographer and favor sort of things. I really liked the option of supplying our own alcohol. Many places charge an arm and a leg for drinks. We ended up bringing wine, beer, and 2 liquors that we thought most people would enjoy. Our wedding package included DJ, all food (which was amazing!), cake, and the use of the entire venue. When we sent out RSVPs, we asked our guests to give us a favorite song they would like to hear. We compiled this list and gave it to the DJ. They did a great job in playing many of them! Our cake was the best cake we have ever eaten...not joking! We froze the rest so that we wouldn't have to throw away. :)

When it came to our wedding day, I was very impressed! The week leading up to the wedding showed 60% chance of rain. We were so bummed that there would be a possibility of an indoor wedding. We rented a few tents that Friday just in case of rain. On the wedding day, it did end up raining, but stopped minutes before the ceremony started. The Villa staff did an excellent job in keeping us calm about the rain. They also did a wonderful job making sure everything was dry and ready to go when the rain stopped. Liz did a wonderful job in making sure the ceremony ran smoothly. The reception was awesome as well. We ended up having the tents up still. However, it worked out just perfectly! I barely even noticed they were there and it really kept it nice and cool. The staff at the Villa were so nice and very attentive to any need we may have had. It's been almost a month since our wedding and I still have people commenting on how beautiful the wedding was and how nice and comfortable they felt, thanks to the staff. I have out of town friends that have said they plan on recommending newly engaged couples to take a trip down to Charlotte to check this place out.

I know I will never get married again, so I won't relive this magical moment at the Villa. I would most definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for venues. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crawforda3
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I coordinated a wedding on November 5th at the Victorian Villa- what a beautiful place! The staff was incredible as was the property. You sure to be treated that great southern hospitality here, and get a fabulous meal in the process! If you are looking for an intimate, roamantic and unique wedding spot, this is THE place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends