“Wedding from the Mother of the Groom perspective”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte
Victorian Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Charlotte B&B and Inns
Akron, Ohio
“Wedding from the Mother of the Groom perspective”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My son and daughter in law were married at the Inn on June 15. From the moment we arrived for the rehearsal dinner until time to leave on Sunday morning, the staff anticipated and attended our every need. Liz is truly amazing in her oversight of every detail of the wedding. The wedding came off like a fairytale and we are still talking about it. I asked my son and daughter in law if they wouldn't like to get married again next year - same place!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cramerton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Our daughter was married at the Villa on May 11, and everything was wonderful. From the moment we arrived, the staff was there attending to our every need. This is truly a full service facility. The grounds were beautifully groomed, all of the decorating was done for us, and the bride had the wedding of her dreams. The food was delicious and plentiful. Members of the wedding party who spent the night at the Villa told us that the rooms were very comfortable. As any mother of the bride, I was a little stressed out, but from the moment we arrived at the rehearsal dinner, I knew that everything was handled for us. I am so grateful that I was able to relax and enjoy this special occasion. All of the staff were so polite and friendly, and I heard lots of comments from our guests about how good the service was. I would highly recommend Victorian Villa Inn as a wedding venue.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I don't even know where to begin. Our daughter just had her wedding there this past weekend. From the time the first plan was discussed back in September with the owners, to the moment the couple exited for their honeymoon was better than we could have ever imagined. Liz handled every detail and her experience in doing weddings is unmatched. We never felt anxious or overwhelmed during their 9 month engagement because Liz would do anything and everything we needed. She took care of every detail and reminded us along the way of what we needed to take care of on our end. There was never any guessing. The time of the rehearsal/wedding was a memory that our daughter and her bridesmaids will never forget. They had the privilege of staying overnight at the bed and breakfast. It was absolutely beautiful and one of the cleanest establishments we have ever witnessed. It was top class! And the chef was amazing. The food from the rehearsal to the breakfast he served the girls the morning of the wedding to the reception food was absolutely delicious! The scenery we witnessed the night of the wedding was breathtaking. We cannot say enough about Victorian Villa Inn and about Liz. Oh, and her staff is exceptional as well. We left there feeling like royalty!!!!! I'm ready to go back :)

Room Tip: All of their rooms are beautiful, clean and very quiet! Exceptional!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim V
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the Victorian Villa Inn. I cannot say enough about how amazing our experience was. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff is so friendly and attentive. They are truly there to make sure that the bride and groom, as well as their guests have an amazing experience and that we sure did!! The staff not only cared for our needs, but had fun with us too, which made us feel like friends instead of just guests. We booked the package for the rehearsal dinner and wedding, as well as two nights at the Villa. My bridal party and I got the pleasure of staying at the Villa all weekend and we absolutely loved it! I highly recommend that package to anyone getting married at the Villa, it makes the wedding experience complete!! The food was amazing and the guests had a great time. Our wedding was a little over 2 weeks ago and friends, family, and co-workers are still talking about how much fun they had and what a perfect place the Villa is for a wedding! The Victorian Villa Inn was the perfect venue for my dream wedding!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My brother and his wife just had there wedding there. I fell in love with this place! As part of the bridal party I spent the night there and absolutely loved the room. The chef was amazing! The wedding turned out abselutly beautiful. The wedding party was pretty large and a bit over whelming at times. However Liz, her children, and staff were very attentive to all of our needs. I would recommend a wedding there to anyone. I can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank CbH999
Connecticut
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I stayed one night here as part of a long "Road Trip" we took starting late October. We picked the place based on the pictures and glowing reviews, but were somewhat disappointed with our experience. In retrospect we could see this was a nice place for weddings but with that "season" over it didn't appear like it was a main venue for many people. We like to meet people, but were the only ones staying that night, and we never met the innkeepers at all.
The inn is west of the airport on a small lake, at what is advertized as a dead end road. There were a couple of signs on properties, including the inn that warned of private properties and not to park there that led us to think they must have a problem at times with people visiting the lake. We encountered a full parking lot, which at first made us excited that we would be seeing lots of people, only to learn that they were workers' cars, not guests, and the workers were not even there, but working elsewhere. We were greeted right away by two teenage children of the innkeepers, and they checked us in and were very friendly and helpful. The first floor room we stayed in was small but clean, the bed comfortable. The property has extensive setup outside obviously for holding wedding events, and we could see it would be a very pretty site for such an event. Inside, the breakfast room was a long enclosed porch with a great view of the lake outside. But the main room had black fabric furniture, some of which was draped, as if covered for the winter. We went out for dinner with friends we were connecting with on our trip, and arrived back to discover all the cars gone, and we the only guests. There is a coded door lock that you have to punch the numbers in to open--but at night it was in total darkness so I had to get a flashlight from the car to get into the inn; without my flashlight I don't think we could have gotten in at all. The inn was quite cool by that time but we didn't discover how to turn on any heat, so just bundled up while reading. Never heard or saw another soul. Really felt like we were staying at, well, a spooky house you see in a scary movie.
In the morning we were greeted by the chef, who had come in to cook our breakfast. He made an excellent stuffed-french toast breakfast, and more importantly was very engaging, so we had a wonderful time talking with him while eating. If we had met the innkeepers and they were as interesting as he was, we could understand all the positive reviews by others. But overall, it was not a wonderful experience for us.

Room Tip: Chose an upstairs room if the place is busy.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkiLoverofCT
Liz H, Owner at Victorian Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
As the owner of the Villa, I must say that we are sorry your visit felt lonely. You are correct that we are very busy and stay sold out with weddings. We do not even advertise the B&B separately. There are a few guests that find us and like the seclusion, while others do not. At the time you chose to visit, as you mentioned we were off-season. Due to the number of hours we work during wedding season, we take our vacations during the winter which does feel a little lonely to traveling guests I suppose. Hutch had just come home from a surgery that went badly, and we were at the emergency room until 5:30am and depended on our kids to check you in. They are not little kids (17 and 19 years old) however and both work full time for our business and are very trained and professional. Overall, I understand your frustration and disappointment. Please allow us another chance to accommodate you in the future (from March through November :-)!) and we can provide a much better experience for you at a reduced rate. Again we sincerely apologize that you stay was not exemplary.
tallmadge
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My daughter was married at the villa October 27 2012 what an amazing wedding. Liz and her staff are wonderful and polite. We booked the place from friday to sunday all the girls stayed on friday and saturday we
watched the staff turn the place into my daughters dream wedding. We had planned on putting together our own centerpieces that my daughter had chosen but Liz told us they would take care of them just show them
what we had brought. Every detail was taken care of there was no stress thanks to the all the staff. The wedding was perfect thanks to Liz who makes detail important and everyone important. (She even remembers
everyones name) I would highly recommend this place for your future wedding. The best compliment was when my son-in-law called and told us thank you the wedding was everything they had imagined.Thank you to
Liz and her staff!!! The breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was wonderful too!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends