We had my daughter’s wedding here in September 2012. Could not be more disappointed with the event coordinator Melissa. She is friendly and helpful until you sign and pay. After that she does not return calls or emails. The area we planned to have our guest seated for dinner was covered in straw and seed we discovered at the rehearsal the night before the wedding! That left us trying to figure out another plan the day of the wedding! Caused more stress than the venue is worth. Melissa also had another bridal party scheduled for a rehearsal as my daughters guest where arriving for her wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The VanLandingham Estate is a beautiful place to rest your soul, host spectacular events for weddings or rehearsal dinners or gather for productive business meetings, seminars or retreats. The Estate welcomes guests with its unique combination of warm hospitality, grace, subtle southern elegance and fine foods. Our Historic Inn is located in Plaza Midwood just minutes from Uptown Charlotte, The Estate includes the Harwood Home, a distinctive California bungalow-style estate.Excite your senses with a stroll on our magnificent five acres of grounds, the oldest premier gardens in Mecklenburg County. Or escape to a private nook in the Carriage House. Considered one of the finest hotels in Charlotte, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Historic estate has lodging rooms and accommodations available year round for leisure, lodging, private business meetings, picnics from two to twenty and social events. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Vanlandingham Estate Charlotte
- Vanlandingham Estate Hotel Charlotte
- The Van Landingham Estate