“Solid Value & Mighty Fine Folks”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Florida
“Solid Value & Mighty Fine Folks”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here for a recent conference. I no sooner had my bags at the airport than the complimentary hotel shuttle arrived to take me to this gem tucked by the side of an office park. The location is quiet yet convenient, being only about 5-10 minutes from the airport and the same distance to the Billy Graham Library. The remote in my room did not work and there was an initial mildewy smell, but I did not report these to the staff as they were easily overlooked. Typical Hyatt Place furnishings, which make for a nice several days away. The complimentary breakfast and Starbucks coffee are a pleasant start to the day in a comfortably lobby area, but the best part -- the staff! Everyone was so pleasant, personable and obliging. I've never encountered such nice personnel in any hotel even in a higher-end resort. And, for the money -- I do not see how you could possibly do better! Hats off to the folks at this Hyatt Place for making my stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: A pool view room in this facility is quieter than most and looks beyond to a wooded area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Whitmire, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family and I arrived at this hotel on August 3,2013. We DID NOT have a pleasant stay. It seems that everything that we requested, we were told that "we are out of that". The hotel did not have ANY vodka or pineapple juice at the bar. The "bartender" did not know how to make any of the drinks that we requested. The drinks that we requested were not odd drinks. They are well known drinks. When we ordered supper from your 24/7 menu, some of us ordered chili nacho grande. We were told that they were out of chili, so we had to go with chicken. After we ate, we decided to got to the bakery display case. We were all looking forward to the chocolate chip cookies that were advertised so well. Guess what? They were out of that too! There were several types of cupcakes on display in the case. Two of the cupcakes were chocolate, but they were not available either. They were on display, but they were not available, therefore they should not have been on display. I got a café latte from the bar that offers "specialty" coffee. The woman who made my coffee asked if I wanted whip cream. Of course I did! She then told me that she could not do that because THEY WERE OUT OF THAT!!! There were no plates or cups at the breakfast bar. There were no tables available to eat our breakfast at. We probably should have asked what the hotel did have available instead of what we actually wanted. I doubt that we will be staying at this hotel chain again because of how disappointed we were. The best thing at the hotel was the shower in our room with the king bed. It was a nice shower.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Recent business trip was disappointing. Leaking air conditioners from ceiling in breakfast area, no hairdryer provided in room, no umbrellas provided for guests. Free breakfast was nice, pool and fitness centre were adequate. The final disappointment came as I was trying to print my boarding pass and there was no ink cartridge in printer. Front desk did not have any new ink cartridges available and was unapologetic. Air conditioner in room incredibly noisy. Very spotty wifi! I had stayed before several times and had a decent experience. Dissapointing stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife, two sons and I just stayed here for 3 days on business. The hotel is very neat and clean. Room layout is great. The pool is nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

I have two gripes: 1. The hotel rooms STINK! I mean, they smell bad. Kind of musty, moldy, stinky inside. We smelled two rooms and another guest made a comment in the elevator that his room was stinky too. 2. The hotel WiFi is WORTHLESS. I wasn't able to get signal in the room at all (4th floor). I was able to use WiFi in the lobby, but it was so slow, I resorted to the AT&T 4G on my iPhone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground flood.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank melstew84
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Great hotel.... Great staff... Jake... Joy and Rachel were on the ball... Jake and joy went out of their way to accommodate us as guests.... Rachel was so sweet and nice while serving breakfast... Can't forget shamere who made reservations for me and wasn't working on our visit.... Also thanks to Lucy and Andrew...

1 Thank 15824
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Took my husband away for his birthday 7/18/13-7/20/13 and we wanted to stay somewhere nice.... glade I picked this motel.. very clean, quite, pool was nice, the breakfast was very good... the staff was very nice and always spoke when u entered the room with a friendly smiles no matter what time of day or night... we got the king room... witch was awesome!!! The bed was comfortable, clean, shower was really nice as well as the view.. we couldnt of asked for a nicer place to stay.. :-) I will stay here again next time I'm in town. .. well worth the money!

1 Thank toddsoldlady04
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Hyatt left my family with broken promises. We paid for the room, yet they don't have it for us. This hotel cheats their customers and our view of Hyatt itself has changed for the Worse. Just when you finally get to your hotel, excited to wrap yourself in blankets and drink a nice soda from a long road trip does this hotel intervene. It took me 12 hours or more to get to the hotel and to make things worse, I had a horrible cold. Beware of this kind of service of Hyatt to its customers.

1 Thank TheWanderlustGirl