“Staff and hotel are awesome!”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Golden, Colorado
“Staff and hotel are awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel room was huge and came with our own living room and fridge! The hotel staff were so friendly and although they did not have a fax in their business room they personally faxed all of our huge stack of papers that we need to fax. The breakfast is AMAZING! I have never been to a hotel that gives you egg mcmuffins for breakfast for FREE. My husband and I do not eat pork and when all the breakfast items had ham on them I requested some without pork and they were happy to make me whatever I wanted. I will def stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Satira L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The location in a park like setting was excellent. Golf courses, tennis courts, running trails were all right there. The mall not too far away. The rooms are very nice, very clean and upscale. Its definitely one of hotels that is very affordable. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast spread though limited was of very good quality.

Couple of issues - the double beds were a little cramped - not really double beds. The free wi-fi was very weak/non-existent. Lucky I was not there on business !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. The airport shuttle was on time to take us to the airport and arrived shortly after we called for pick up at the end of vacation. Parking was free while we were away! Free Wifi. I would highly recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel is A+. The rooms are very nice, very clean and upscale. Its definitely on the high-end of hotels that is very affordable. From the bedding, to the bathroom, to the furniture (couch); this place is awesome. This is by far the BEST affordable hotel in charlotte. The staff is friendly and accommodating! The have the best ( hot breakfast) at any hotel I have ever been in. Great variety of fruits, bagels, doughnuts, cereal, waffles, eggs, bacon, muffins ETC.. This is where I always stay. Only NEGATIVE is there are no microwaves in the room. BIG inconvenience. However I LOVEEEEE this place

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

OK, this place looks nice, tries to be upscale, but not there. Nice people, friendly service, hip atmosphere. But too many things come up short. This place is loud, not just the guests but heard water being turned on and off all night thru the walls, could hear every door on the floor shut, and that's not including the almost constant noise from the street. Open bar of soap left in shower and non working fridge made me think the room was not being looked after properly. Maybe I'm getting picky in my old age, but a Hyatt should be better than this.

Room Tip: Don't get anything facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here for a recent conference. I no sooner had my bags at the airport than the complimentary hotel shuttle arrived to take me to this gem tucked by the side of an office park. The location is quiet yet convenient, being only about 5-10 minutes from the airport and the same distance to the Billy Graham Library. The remote in my room did not work and there was an initial mildewy smell, but I did not report these to the staff as they were easily overlooked. Typical Hyatt Place furnishings, which make for a nice several days away. The complimentary breakfast and Starbucks coffee are a pleasant start to the day in a comfortably lobby area, but the best part -- the staff! Everyone was so pleasant, personable and obliging. I've never encountered such nice personnel in any hotel even in a higher-end resort. And, for the money -- I do not see how you could possibly do better! Hats off to the folks at this Hyatt Place for making my stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: A pool view room in this facility is quieter than most and looks beyond to a wooded area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Whitmire, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family and I arrived at this hotel on August 3,2013. We DID NOT have a pleasant stay. It seems that everything that we requested, we were told that "we are out of that". The hotel did not have ANY vodka or pineapple juice at the bar. The "bartender" did not know how to make any of the drinks that we requested. The drinks that we requested were not odd drinks. They are well known drinks. When we ordered supper from your 24/7 menu, some of us ordered chili nacho grande. We were told that they were out of chili, so we had to go with chicken. After we ate, we decided to got to the bakery display case. We were all looking forward to the chocolate chip cookies that were advertised so well. Guess what? They were out of that too! There were several types of cupcakes on display in the case. Two of the cupcakes were chocolate, but they were not available either. They were on display, but they were not available, therefore they should not have been on display. I got a café latte from the bar that offers "specialty" coffee. The woman who made my coffee asked if I wanted whip cream. Of course I did! She then told me that she could not do that because THEY WERE OUT OF THAT!!! There were no plates or cups at the breakfast bar. There were no tables available to eat our breakfast at. We probably should have asked what the hotel did have available instead of what we actually wanted. I doubt that we will be staying at this hotel chain again because of how disappointed we were. The best thing at the hotel was the shower in our room with the king bed. It was a nice shower.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family