“Spacious accomodations”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #20 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really love this hotel. This was my second visit to this hotel. I am a timeshare owner, so a GREAT hotel has to really impress me! I had booked it back in the summer with the 'college move-in' anticipation but the move-in date changed. Since booking online, it was nonrefundable. I'm glad I was still able to go - especially at the rate I got! It was like a little apartment (King room)!! Cristina at the front desk is AMAZING!!
It's a little off the path of most sights in Charlotte, but very close to the I77 access, which can take up back uptown.But it's very peaceful and quiet and the freebies at the front desk come in handy; the free breakfast was great as well!! I LOVE the 12:00pm checkout!!! :-)
I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are quietest and furthest from the elevator and ice machine. We were in...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2013

While visiting Charlotte to see the Seahawk/Panther football game, we stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel. One night, a guest had his music on so loud that it woke everyone up on the floor. The staff acted immediately and resolved the issue with the unruly guest. The next morning, the General Manager (Nina Shirk) met with us and gave us a free room credit. This afternoon, we received a nice note from her with a bottle of wine. This type of service is hard to find and we will be staying at the Hyatt more often. Thank you, Nina!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I decided to take a staycation with my 8 year old son to Charlotte for Labor Day weekend. After searching for days online the Hyatt Place was the most reasonable price. I wanted some place contemporary, close to everything, and safe. I was not disappointed. My son love the 42" flat screen in the room and I love the sectional sofa bed. Breakfast was delicious and there was a sportsbar/grill right across the parking lot. I would recommended this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor very quiet even though we were right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our only regret was that we only had a night to stay here (as we were flying out). This hotel was an excellent value. The rooms were very spacious, with a seperate sitting area. They were clean, comfortable & quiet. We were surprised to get a very above the average complimentary breakfast. Nice and close to the airport in a quiet, executive park. Nice restaurant next door and food available onsite. Great workout room.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel room was huge and came with our own living room and fridge! The hotel staff were so friendly and although they did not have a fax in their business room they personally faxed all of our huge stack of papers that we need to fax. The breakfast is AMAZING! I have never been to a hotel that gives you egg mcmuffins for breakfast for FREE. My husband and I do not eat pork and when all the breakfast items had ham on them I requested some without pork and they were happy to make me whatever I wanted. I will def stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Satira L
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The location in a park like setting was excellent. Golf courses, tennis courts, running trails were all right there. The mall not too far away. The rooms are very nice, very clean and upscale. Its definitely one of hotels that is very affordable. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast spread though limited was of very good quality.

Couple of issues - the double beds were a little cramped - not really double beds. The free wi-fi was very weak/non-existent. Lucky I was not there on business !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. The airport shuttle was on time to take us to the airport and arrived shortly after we called for pick up at the end of vacation. Parking was free while we were away! Free Wifi. I would highly recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple