“Charlotte Girlfriends Favorite Spot”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte
“Charlotte Girlfriends Favorite Spot”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Back in July my meetup group was supposed to have a Girls Night Out at a hotel in Ballantyne. Two days before our event the manager called and said he didn't like our agenda. We found Hyatt Place online and drove over to check them out. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We had an amazing time, and the rooms were spacious. We loved the fact that all of the rooms have a living room area.

Because of our great experience in July we had another event this October. I hosted a Scandal event the first week of October. They allowed me to borrow a couple of chairs from the conference room. I am going to continue to book with Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a nice experience staying at this hotel. The rooms are very big with a seperate seating area. Wifi worked fine, breakfast was good. the coffee bar in the lobby is also nice. I would definately stay there again. My only negative would be that the place is a bit out of the way. One has to drive a bit to get to shops and/or restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DC
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I always enjoy my stay here, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I check in late and leave early, so I don't get the opportunity to use the facility to the max, but the staff is always pleasant and professional. One of the things I do enjoy is the Breakfast Skillet. There are many choices and everything is fresh and tasty.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really love this hotel. This was my second visit to this hotel. I am a timeshare owner, so a GREAT hotel has to really impress me! I had booked it back in the summer with the 'college move-in' anticipation but the move-in date changed. Since booking online, it was nonrefundable. I'm glad I was still able to go - especially at the rate I got! It was like a little apartment (King room)!! Cristina at the front desk is AMAZING!!
It's a little off the path of most sights in Charlotte, but very close to the I77 access, which can take up back uptown.But it's very peaceful and quiet and the freebies at the front desk come in handy; the free breakfast was great as well!! I LOVE the 12:00pm checkout!!! :-)
I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are quietest and furthest from the elevator and ice machine. We were in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 7 September 2013

While visiting Charlotte to see the Seahawk/Panther football game, we stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel. One night, a guest had his music on so loud that it woke everyone up on the floor. The staff acted immediately and resolved the issue with the unruly guest. The next morning, the General Manager (Nina Shirk) met with us and gave us a free room credit. This afternoon, we received a nice note from her with a bottle of wine. This type of service is hard to find and we will be staying at the Hyatt more often. Thank you, Nina!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I decided to take a staycation with my 8 year old son to Charlotte for Labor Day weekend. After searching for days online the Hyatt Place was the most reasonable price. I wanted some place contemporary, close to everything, and safe. I was not disappointed. My son love the 42" flat screen in the room and I love the sectional sofa bed. Breakfast was delicious and there was a sportsbar/grill right across the parking lot. I would recommended this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor very quiet even though we were right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our only regret was that we only had a night to stay here (as we were flying out). This hotel was an excellent value. The rooms were very spacious, with a seperate sitting area. They were clean, comfortable & quiet. We were surprised to get a very above the average complimentary breakfast. Nice and close to the airport in a quiet, executive park. Nice restaurant next door and food available onsite. Great workout room.

• Stayed September 2013