“Great Place to Stay”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in Charlotte for my daughter's graduation and wanted to be near the arena where commencement was being held. I thought the rate was good on-line for the 2-Queen room we chose. When we arrived at the hotel, we thought the rate was awesome for the room we had! Very large room, three TV's, extremely comfortable bed, large bathroom (fyi, no tub, shower only), etc. The rooftop restaurant and lounge, while not inexpensive, served outstanding food and drink. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at this Hyatt location a number of times over the years. It is very well located for close driving access to the corporate centers, airport, and center city areas.

The hotel was a high end remodel several years back, it is holding up very, very well as the staff does an excellent job with maintainence and keeping things clean and neat.

Nice gym, outdoor pool, breakfast, and they even have a small bar in the lobby.

Staff is always great at this location as well.

If you're looking to spend time downtown, I would probably advise a location a little closer to the downtown area though. Again, this is a great location for access to a little bit of everything, but not specifically located in the downtown area (about 10 minute drive away).

SportsFan2007
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here recently when looking for a reasonable hotel relatively close to dtown Charlotte. Everything was great including the the very friendly employees at the front desk, the large room with a nice separate desk area, and the great free breakfast.

The location of the hotel seems to be in a newer suburb area of Charlotte with some office parks and apartment complexes within a mile or so. There is one restaurant (a sportsbar) that is a few hundred feet away, otherwise nothing else is walking distance as far as food and shopping. One minor note is there is another Hyatt Place only a mile or two away, so just make sure you go to correct one to save you some check in confusion!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SportsFan2007
Toronto
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were on the transit from Florida to Canada and hoped to get a discent accommodation for the night.

After driving 1,250 km we were tired and wanted one thing - relax.

My husband checked - in and we went upstairs. Receptionist didn't activate the access card!

I went downstairs, while my husband waited by the room door with our luggage. Instead of activating card the front desk rep. started asking questions. I explained that we were very tired, she didn't activate card that is why I was here and my husband is upstairs. The rep. wanted to see my husband and continued asking questions, explaining it was for security reason. Only when I lost my partience she fixed the card.

Finally we got into the room. Nice, clean, spacious. Comfortable beds and crispy linen.

We fall asleep right away. All of a sudden a loud telephone started ringing. It was the front desk rep. - asking if everything was all right!

Finally we managed to calm down. Around midnight very loud mechanical noise woke us up. It felt like some sort of motor and as if it was in our room! My husband checked AC - but it was turned off before (it was very old, ancient wall unit that produce lots of noise). He checked fridge - it was not fridge. The strange and very intense noise continued. What was it? I called front desk. Almost immediately representative came. And of course, she new what it was. She said that once it happened, that it is some kind of malfunction of...sprinkler system???!!! On the sixth floor??? It didn't matter to us what it was. All we desired in that moment was a quite room where we could get uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep.

I insisted and we were transferred to another room in the opposite side of the building.

It took us half an hour to fall asleep. You want to guess what happened? Yes, the telephone ringing woke us up again, now third time in 2 hours! The polite voice asked if everything is good now!!!

No comments. No need to describe my reaction.

We decided not to make a big deal and just check out without wasting time on complaints.

However, while I was going through check out, there was some note beside our names, so the manager was called.

Tara was professional and right to the point.
She expressed apology and offered to rectify somehow the situation.
Tara promised to call Expedia in order to reimburse us for the night.

There are mixed feelings about the whole situation.

From one hand you pay $170 for one night and expect rest and comfort. Clean and beautiful hotel. Polite stuff.

In the same time you have instead restless night, malfunctioning and outdated AC and weird noise that wakes you up in the middle of the night...Migraine in the morning and tiredness for all day because of luck of sleep and all night adventures....and 1250 km to go...

• Stayed May 2014
Mont Vernon, New Hampshire
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days. Although the parking is tough due to being in the city and the lobby is in a bit of a strange place on the 10th floor, I would recommend this place. The rooms are larger than standard and very comfortable. Well appointed and clean. The lobby is quite nice. However, the breakfast area is outstanding. The free breakfast is quite good and there is PLENTY of space for the various groups to sit and relax. Not cramped together like most places. I would stay here again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice room, Looks modern, highly recommended, Located in a very nice area good if you want to go for running, golf or tennis.
I like the way they put everything in the room, beds and working desk kitchen area is separated looks like a studio
Liked it a looooot
Also it is close to airport
Will consider it for my future trip to Charlotte

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel last week for several days and I was blown away. It was beautiful and clean. Had a very welcoming staff, huge rooms and great quick pick up food. Also, I had an amazing night of appetizers and drinks on the rooftop at Farenheight restaurant. By far, the best view of downtown anywhere in the city. Free breakfast at the hotel was a great bonus!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business