“Close to Carowinds AND Charlotte!”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Princeton, West Virginia
“Close to Carowinds AND Charlotte!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Booked this hotel last minute based on trip advisor reviews. We were going to Carowinds and also planned to spend some time in Charlotte, NC. I've booked many hotels in the immediate vicinity of amusement parks and for the most part been very unhappy with those lodgings. So now I look for hotels about 10 miles away because I've found them to be much cleaner and a better value. This was no exception. I was very happy with this hotel. The room was very clean and the staff was wonderful. The price was reasonable and the room was clean with a great location. This is now my "go to" hotel for any Charlotte trips.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea P
Ken N, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
We appreciate the glowing review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel! We are just 10 minutes from Carowinds Amusement Park...Thanks for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The nice thing about staying at a Hyatt Place is that you basically know what to expect when you get there. The rooms were spacious and clean and the two Brittany's working at the front desk were superb. We had an issue with a noisy air conditioner that had a mind of its own. We had turned it down before we went to sleep and woke up freezing. We mentioned it to the gentleman checking us out and he assured us that it would be taken care of. I'm sure it will, as Hyatt Properties are always well maintained. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherrill T
We are so glad you shared a moment with some of our associates. My apologies for the noisy air conditioner. With feedback like yours we are able to continually improve the guest experience by addressing concerns mentioned in reviews.
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I left a bad hotel and came here at the spur of the moment - the minute I walked in I was treated like a king. My family enjoyed it and didn't want to leave.
One of the most memorable moments was went I went to buy a margarita for my wife and the bar tender said that they didn't sell margarita's - but not to worry that he would fix one up for me right away. I waited a few minutes and he had not only carefully prepared it for me but help me carry out my drinks to the pool. My wife was happy, that made me happy, and that was only the tip of the iceberg.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you want great service, beautiful rooms and more - this is the place to go to. Thank You Hyatt Place.
- To read full review visit: www.yuthink.blogspot.com

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank William M
Ken N, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review as we appreciate feedback from our guests. I am happy to hear that you shared a moment with one of our associates as we strive for purposeful service at Hyatt Place Charlotte City Park. We look forward to hosting you again if your travels should bring you back to Charlotte, NC in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was pleased with my stay here. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The mini kitchenette added a nice touch. The hotel should invest in new irons and bell service, Complimentary breakfast was very nice.The location was convenient to the places I was visiting. I'd stay here again. Free Wi-Fi is always a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Gowest62
Nina S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the hotel as we appreciate both your business and feedback. Part of our daily housekeeping routine is to check items in each room for any necessary replacements or repairs.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Bradford UK
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I've had several stays at hotel, all have been very good with no real issues. It's clear that some of the rooms have been refurbished recently. The rooms are of a good size, clean and comfortable.
The aircon in each room can be noisy so take ear plugs or cool it way down and then turn it off.
Breakfasts are good quality with sufficient choice.
Pool area clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: High rooms away from the lifts (elevators) they have an annoying "ping ping" as the lift a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NFJ999
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate the review. We have updated all of our guest room bathrooms and we are glad to hear that you like the rooms. My apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with noise from the air conditioner. Please know that we are always willing to change your room to find a more suitable fit.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Pull into this hotel on 4 Jul. The room rates were very reasonable. Large guest rooms with all the amenities with huge TV, clean and soft king-sized bed, good shower, large couch, in-room pantry and study corner. The staff was very friendly and personable too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RoySg
We are glad that you enjoyed the amenities that have become signature to the Hyatt Place Brand. We appreciate the review and we thank you for the feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you once again should you return to Charlotte.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

1. I booked a king, I get there, "all we have is doubles".
2. I get to the room, there is used soap and a pile of dirty towels and clearly someone sat on one of the double beds.
3. Too tired to move rooms I got a $20 discount.
4. 1st floor room you hear the lobby MUZAK all night.
5. On my way out in the morning, coffee in the lobby was cold and had probably been sitting all night.

No thanks. Why is it so hard just to get a simple thing right- the correct reservation, a clean room, and hot coffee for god's sake. At $150/night that is not too much to ask.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TropicalTraveler78
We are so sorry that you had a bad experience at the hotel and I understand how that must have made you feel. From the room type not being available at check in to the cold coffee in the morning; it sounds as if things did not go well. These comments were shared with the team and we are continually trying to improve service based on feedback such as yours. Again, my apologies and I hope we get the opportunity to host you once again.