“Lovely Hotel near Airport”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Miami, Fl
“Lovely Hotel near Airport”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The Renaissance Charlotte Suites as the name implies is an all suites hotel in a very quiet neigborhood. The rooms are spacious with two flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom and the other one in the living room area. I love the beautiful atrium they have, where you can just sit and unwind. Fitness room is open 24 hours and indoor pool/Spa close at 11pm, though I did not have a chance to use either one. The hotel provides a complimentary airport shuttle that runs from 6am until midnight. Front desk staff are very friendly from the time you check in until your departure. If you don't have a car, don't expect to find anything within walking distance, not even fast foods. Otherwise, I would have to say, I enjoyed the two nights I spent there on a business trip and would not mind staying there again, if I had to.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in "25" are close the vending and ice machines and close to the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Cameron, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2012

My family stayed at this hotel Veteran's Day weekend of this year. The hotel appearance is nice, and our stay was good. In the morning, we did come across a small issue. Upon checkout, we brought that issue up to the check out agent (I believe her name was Feelisha). She was very helpful and provided outstanding service and was more than willing to correct the problem and make well on the situation.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was handled in a timely manner. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!
Phoenix
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We were flying from Phx to the US Virgin Island which meant an overnight stay in Charlotte. We picked the Renaissance Suites because of their airport shuttle and relatively close proximity to the airport. We arrived at the airport around 7:15 pm. I called the hotel to say we needed a shuttle and was told the shuttle would be at the airport to pick us up at 7:45. Maybe a little earlier. We waited and waited for the shuttle. It did not show. I called the hotel back at 7:50 and was told there was only one shuttle and he had to go somewhere else. Not good customer service to leave us standing at the airport.
The shuttle showed up about 15 minutes later and the driver showed concern about our long wait. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were offered complimentary breakfast the next day for our inconvenience. We were also upgraded to a suite which was a large and lovely room. It had a big conference/dining table with a large bath.
We ordered room service for dinner. I ordered the veggie sandwich that was supposed to come with balsamic onions. The onions were missing. My husband's chicken sandwich also had balsamic onions that actually made their way onto his sandwich and he shared with me. It made the veggie sandwich delicious. Too bad the kitchen did not make the sandwich correctly. I appreciate the hotel offering vegetarian options.
Overall a good stay with a clean room and good service. They need to work on fixing the couple hiccups we experienced.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the inconvenience experienced. We will look into this with the appropriate department (s), and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I will continue to stay here from now on, as I am often in the area. Had the choice of several hotels in the area, and I have stayed at most of them. Luckily, this time we chose this one. Although our room was not ready, we got there early, they made us feel comfortable and welcome. Brought us water while we waited in a comfortable area. Brought our room keys when it was ready and apologized for any inconvenience. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The room was clean, bright, well maintained and perfect. It is across from the mall which is an added benefit. The area it quiet, as was our room. The bed was amazingly comfortable. It was hard to wake up, it felt so good. I have no idea why others rated this anything but excellent. As a seasoned traveler, my advise, stay here!

Room Tip: As with most hotels, high floors offer better views.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you where able to find that at our hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have continued to choose our location. Once again,thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed here because a friend got married in the hotel. The guest rooms are huge and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. They have aveda products in the bathroom. You'll want to take them back with you. You get a lot for relatively little money. They do charge for WiFi, but you can get it free in the lobby. My room picked up the lobby WiFi, so I basically got it for free. I didn't use the pool, spa, or fitness center, but they looked nice. The conference area was nicely decorated too. I would definitely recommend staying here if you need a hotel close to the airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport. The staff was friendly. They only downside was that the nearest Starbucks is a 10 minute drive away. There's also not a lot of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor to near the lobby to pick up the lobby WiFi signal.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I didn't actually stay at the hotel, however, we had a banquet breakfast there recently. The hotel entry was nice and it is close to the airport. The bathroom amenities were pleasant and spacious.
The carpet was a little worn looking and needed a good cleaning. The serving staff was impeccable in appearance and friendly.
I was expecting more when it came to the quality of the food. The fruit cup with a cream topping was delicious. The danish rolls were apparently from a box and not made on the premises. The scrambled eggs, I don't believe were real and had a scant amount of melted cheese on top.
A tiny "baked" tomato with seasoned crumbs were o.k., but didn't have much flavor. I don't eat meat, so I cannot comment on the bacon.
This venue would not be my first choice for another gathering, based on the substandard food quality. IE: Wedding, party or any other banquet options.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate your patronage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our location.
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We Returning From Sandals In Nassau Bahamas On My Way Home In New Jersey,With A Layover In Charlotte NC.Couldnot Get A Flight Due To Hurricane Sandy.Not Having Any Power,We Deceided To Stay In Your Hotel, Until It Was Restored.(3Days From Thursday Nov 1 Till Sat Nov 3 2012.From The Time My Wife And I Registered In, The Staff At Front Desk Were Very Considerate Understanding,Very Professional And Courteous .Just Want To Give a Very Special Thanks To Van Service Guys,Varian,Robert,Carnell.Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the lasting impressions our staff members left you with during your unexpected stay in Charlotte. I will surely pass your comments to noted staff members. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay; and we thank you again for your patronage.