“Restored our spirits & faith in humanity!!!! Grateful!”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #50 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My Husband and I had an extremely horrible experience with US Airways. We were supposed to be taking our Honeymoon and instead ended up on a hotel voucher at this hotel. We had already had a terrible and emotional 24 hours by the time we arrived at the hotel.

Every employee that assisted us in some way was very friendly; the shuttle driver that brought us to the property, the front desk staff, and the staff at the bar and in the restaurant. We were given food vouchers by the airline which the hotel gladly accepted. We used them at lunch time in the restaurant. The wonderful lady that served us was so positive and nice. She started to lift our spirits. At dinner time, Denise, from the front desk asked about our situation and bought us an appetizer in the restaurant. Furthermore, the staff asked our room number and surprised us with a bottle of Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and candy in the shape of a heart on our bed. I wish I knew who to specifically thank for this!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to go on our Honeymoon. However, the one night we were forced to stay in Charlotte restored our faith in humanity. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond for us. They made a huge difference for us in a very terrible situation! We cannot thank them enough for their thoughtfulness and generosity!

Sincerely Grateful!
Mr. and Mrs. Chamorro

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was changed from a negative experience to a positive one by several of our staff members. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that you experienced this during your recent star\y. I will pass your comments to noted staff members and departments, and welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Ended up staying here for a night prior to going to Carowinds to ride some coasters. The hotel itself is tucked away, you'll need a GPS to find it if you don't know your way around.

Service was great, was able to get my entire party to eat complimentary breakfast at the restaurant buffet without any hassle. Everyone was courteous and friendly, no complaints.

The rooms were nice and nicely sized for a suite. Unfortunately, for my experience, the cleanliness of the room was a little lacking. The far back pillows smelled like wet dog. I don't know if there was an actual pet there or if a previous tenant had some poor smelling hair. Another friend we were traveling with had the same issue in their room. The bed in its entirely could have been better cleaned, we found some crumbs/particulates in our sheets.

We slept fine and were out the next day without any hangups or hassles. I have a high regard for Renaissance properties, so this was probably my worst stay among the Renaissance properties I've been to, but it still ranks as a pretty good or average stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aspiring_Critic

Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay, and the inconvenience experienced. I will look into this with the appropriate department . I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were headed south for the winter and made a detour to see the Billy Graham Library and this hotel is 4 minutes away. So it was an easy choice.
It was an excellent choice also. I couldn't believe how nice everyone was to us. They were always asking how we were and if they could do anything for us. That is just a really nice touch for a big hotel.
We made friends with Vee in the Club Lounge and Tram at the front desk and also Bobby the manager. They were just fine people that staff this place. Stay here.

Room Tip: We like a room that has a view or faces south or west to get a sunset.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

I am very happy that some of our staff members went above and beyond in providing you with great customer service. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy that Vee, Tram and Bobby where able to assist. I will pass your comments to them, and welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

What an experience!

-The crib we reserved was broken.
-The climate control in the room was broken and the room was boiling. We couldn't move because our child was already asleep.
-When we placed a room service order, it involved FOUR phone calls before they finally got the order right. The order was for a SINGLE ITEM.
-When we finally spoke to the manager about these issues, he was apathetic. He seemed to have better things to do than see to his guests.

Terrible, terrible hotel. AVOID!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the experience at our hotel. We will review your concerns with the appropriate staff member (s) and departments.Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to improve to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The reason for the title of this review is because my family stayed at Renaissance the Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving in order to utilize their “Park & Fly” rate for a family vacation over the holidays.

The stay itself on Wed was very nice and the staff was great. The room and facilities were very nice. We also ordered from the restaurant & room service and had very nice meals. We utilized the shuttle service to CLT on Thanksgiving and the driver was great. I have a child who uses a wheelchair and the driver was very helpful assisting with her wheelchair. I did notify the hotel that we would be returning the next Thursday and asked if there would be an issue with her WC and was told there would not be any problem.

Upon our return the following Thursday we had a totally different experience with the Renaissance and their shuttle service. In their defense CLT was crazy because of weather issues but the way my daughter was treated was unacceptable in my opinion. When we arrived we called the hotel and they said that they would have a shuttle to us in 15-20 minutes. It did arrive on schedule but a number of other guests jumped ahead of us on the shuttle and the driver assured us he would send another shuttle in 15 minutes and would make us a priority because of a handicap child (both the driver and other guest ignored fact that there was a disabled child waiting for the shuttle). When the second shuttle came, the driver told us he had not been notified about our daughter with special needs. All in all we had close to an hour wait and the hotel made us feel as if we were bothering them.

I am a Platinum Member with Marriott and have over 170 nights with the chain this year. This was the single worst experience I have had with Marriott ever. The reason I am disappointed and upset is because the hotel offers the “Park & Fly” and we had told them about our needs upon returning (they also knew since the hotel had taken us the week before to the airport). I was apprehensive about submitting the review because as stated above, the stay itself was very nice but I did not want someone else with a family member with a disability to go thru this experience themselves; to be honest, if the hotel would have told us about the situation (multiple people waiting for shuttle) I would have paid for a taxi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank elon94

I would like to extend my deepest and sincere apologies, and regret the inconvenience that you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the inconvenience. I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Came here for thanksgiving. The rooms were clean and spacious. We had two doubles and a fold out couch for our family. The maids even made the fold out so it was ready on the second night. It was a suite so it had a bedroom with a door which was separate from the main area.

Stayed: November 2013

Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and I am happy that you were able to find that at our hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We just got done hosting a 300+ person event at the hotel. The 3 day 2 night stay at the Renaissance was incredible. Everyone handled every last minute request with ease. From the moment Darian picked me up in the shuttle, to when he dropped me off at the airport, every member of this hotel took pride in what they did. I highly recommend this hotel for any big events you are hosting in Charlotte.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments to noted staff member. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay,and thank you again for your patronage

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Barclay Downs
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
Second Ward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown

Been to Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!