Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
US$262
Westin.com
US$146
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$102
Hotels.com
All reviewsaveda productsthe concierge loungeoffice parkliving roomsuite hotelclub levelwet barbusiness parkbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetroom serviceairport shuttlebusiness tripnext morningshuttle servicesouthern hospitalityfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After a week long trip to Mexico our flight leaving Charlotte was cancelled for 2 days due to weather in the Northeast. So we ended up here at thhis hotel. We booked this sight unseen and low and behold what a gem. The rooms were wonderful, the service was great and the food was very good. We had dinner our first night there and our waitress, Sydney O. was so wonderful. We were a group of 8 and had to have everything seperated by couples since we were able to submit the expenses to our travel insurance carrier. She was so very accomidating to all of us and never flinched at the task of seperating everything for us. She even made some nice recommendations as toi where we could go the following day. All spectacular venues I might add. I'll review them sepearately. As for this hotel and its staff I give it 5 stars overall. We were not stuck at all. Thanks Sydney you were awesome.
The crew from Mexico

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so I don't think you can get a bad room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim A
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the lasting impressions our staff member, Sydney left you with. I will surely pass along your comments. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to see you on your next visit into the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed just one night with a group, on the way home from a trip elsewhere. The room was a bit wasted on an overnight, but would be good for a longer stay.

Good
• It’s a real suite, with separate living room and bedroom. I had a nice little kitchenette with cupboards, decent-sized mini-fridge, sink, etc. The living room has a couch, small easy chair, desk & task chair and separate tv (there’s another in the bedroom.) My bed was on the firm side, which I prefer.
• Décor throughout is fresh and modern. The lobby, bar and restaurant are set in a big atrium the height of the hotel. It felt very relaxing and somehow cozy rather than empty.
• The buffet breakfast was excellent. They had plenty of fruit, eggs, potatoes and the usual ready-made, plus cooked-to-order omelets, waffles – oh, the waffles! - and other goodies. Dinner (ordered late, from the bar), was also very good. BTW, we sat at a bar-height large table for dinner, which had several lamps in the center with multiple outlets. I guess they’re used to everyone needing to recharge everything on arrival.
• There’s a free airport shuttle. It was much smoother on departure.
• Staff was very flexible trying to meet the needs of our group (things are different than when you’re traveling alone).

Bad
• The battery-driven clock radio died in the night. Good thing I set my phone. (Battery operated? If you’re going to do that, check them regularly.) Creamer was curdled. Again, things not being checked regularly.
• Paper cups, wrapped in plastic. A lot of paper waste in general.
• The bathroom had no hand towel rack and only one hook on the back of the door. (Don’t expect guests to re-use towels if we can’t hang them up.) There is just one sink, and very little counter space around it. I draped my hand towel and face cloth over the swing arm lamps. Fresh towels are all on a rack inside the shower. Hotel designers, why are you making this a thing? Do you store your towels in the shower at home?
• When I called for the airport shuttle on arrival, I confirmed how many were in our group. So when the shuttle showed up a few seats short (to the apparent surprise of the driver), a few of us had to wait in the cold while they sent out a second van.
• Worst: I’ve left several messages trying to get a copy of our group’s breakfast bill; none of them have been returned. It was billed directly to a corporate card, but if I needed reimbursement, this would be causing serious trouble. (This is why I've rated "Service" a 2.)

Puzzling
• The living room has great big full-length windows (with blackout curtains) onto the hallway, which for my room was also the elevator lobby. That makes working at the desk feel like being in a zoo exhibit. Does anyone ever leave the curtains open?

Would I stay here again? Hm. Considering the pros and cons, I’d probably flip a coin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and your concerns. I will surely pass your comments to noted departments. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed there for a few days in February. The hotel was very nicely kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing missing was a room safe.

I also ate at the restaurant...good food.

Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed: February 2014

Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you where able to find that at our hotel. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Sydney in the lobby bar was extremely attentive to us and very personable. Service was quick. Snacks were very good. Very relaxing in lobby with comfortable couch and water fall in back ground.

Great job, Sydney. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments along to Sydney and thank you for your patronage with us.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Didn't expect much under the circumstance but enjoyed our stay. Cocktail hour was free and so were the snacks. The waiters were friendly and laughed at my jokes. Good training on their part. We love the architecture and the openness of it all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lordegbert

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area.