“Wonderful weekend!”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #44 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Five of my wonderful lady friends and I went to Charlotte, NC this past weekend to see the St. Patrick's Day parade and to visit Billy Graham's Library and home. We stayed at the Renaissance
Charlotte Suites. We had the most wonderful time. We were treated like queens. Checking in was a pleasure. The food in the restaurant was fantastic and so was the staff. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Fantastic treatment by staff all weekend! Check in was easy thanks to "Tram". Sydney O and Emilie in the restaurant became our friends, not just servers. Food was exceptional - gourmet lobster or pizza. Free, shuttle service relieved anxieties about driving. Rooms were spotlessly clean and very spacious. Having adjoining rooms was fun. Separating food bills and room costs for six was very much appreciated. We were treated like royalty by everyone. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

I am glad that you and friends had such a wonderful experience during your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and wonderful service our staff provided,and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Perfect for our family.
Sydney O. In the restaurant was excellent! We enjoyed the pool, dining room and got a great night's sleep. Love having Aveda products in the rooms also! Total plus!
We will definitely visit and stay again next time we are in Charlotte.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ehornbaker
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and your concerns. I will surely pass your comments to noted departments and mentioned staff member, Sydney in the restaurant We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I also was stuck in Charlotte because of weather. This property was great.
Great clean modern rooms, friendly staff.
One suggestion: the pool is REALLY cold. Several of us said it
was more than invigorating! LOL> a few degrees warmer would be
perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank worldtraveler0003
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

We appreciate your patronage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our location. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

After a week long trip to Mexico our flight leaving Charlotte was cancelled for 2 days due to weather in the Northeast. So we ended up here at thhis hotel. We booked this sight unseen and low and behold what a gem. The rooms were wonderful, the service was great and the food was very good. We had dinner our first night there and our waitress, Sydney O. was so wonderful. We were a group of 8 and had to have everything seperated by couples since we were able to submit the expenses to our travel insurance carrier. She was so very accomidating to all of us and never flinched at the task of seperating everything for us. She even made some nice recommendations as toi where we could go the following day. All spectacular venues I might add. I'll review them sepearately. As for this hotel and its staff I give it 5 stars overall. We were not stuck at all. Thanks Sydney you were awesome.
The crew from Mexico

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so I don't think you can get a bad room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim A

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the lasting impressions our staff member, Sydney left you with. I will surely pass along your comments. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to see you on your next visit into the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed just one night with a group, on the way home from a trip elsewhere. The room was a bit wasted on an overnight, but would be good for a longer stay.

Good
• It’s a real suite, with separate living room and bedroom. I had a nice little kitchenette with cupboards, decent-sized mini-fridge, sink, etc. The living room has a couch, small easy chair, desk & task chair and separate tv (there’s another in the bedroom.) My bed was on the firm side, which I prefer.
• Décor throughout is fresh and modern. The lobby, bar and restaurant are set in a big atrium the height of the hotel. It felt very relaxing and somehow cozy rather than empty.
• The buffet breakfast was excellent. They had plenty of fruit, eggs, potatoes and the usual ready-made, plus cooked-to-order omelets, waffles – oh, the waffles! - and other goodies. Dinner (ordered late, from the bar), was also very good. BTW, we sat at a bar-height large table for dinner, which had several lamps in the center with multiple outlets. I guess they’re used to everyone needing to recharge everything on arrival.
• There’s a free airport shuttle. It was much smoother on departure.
• Staff was very flexible trying to meet the needs of our group (things are different than when you’re traveling alone).

Bad
• The battery-driven clock radio died in the night. Good thing I set my phone. (Battery operated? If you’re going to do that, check them regularly.) Creamer was curdled. Again, things not being checked regularly.
• Paper cups, wrapped in plastic. A lot of paper waste in general.
• The bathroom had no hand towel rack and only one hook on the back of the door. (Don’t expect guests to re-use towels if we can’t hang them up.) There is just one sink, and very little counter space around it. I draped my hand towel and face cloth over the swing arm lamps. Fresh towels are all on a rack inside the shower. Hotel designers, why are you making this a thing? Do you store your towels in the shower at home?
• When I called for the airport shuttle on arrival, I confirmed how many were in our group. So when the shuttle showed up a few seats short (to the apparent surprise of the driver), a few of us had to wait in the cold while they sent out a second van.
• Worst: I’ve left several messages trying to get a copy of our group’s breakfast bill; none of them have been returned. It was billed directly to a corporate card, but if I needed reimbursement, this would be causing serious trouble. (This is why I've rated "Service" a 2.)

Puzzling
• The living room has great big full-length windows (with blackout curtains) onto the hallway, which for my room was also the elevator lobby. That makes working at the desk feel like being in a zoo exhibit. Does anyone ever leave the curtains open?

Would I stay here again? Hm. Considering the pros and cons, I’d probably flip a coin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and your concerns. I will surely pass your comments to noted departments. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed there for a few days in February. The hotel was very nicely kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing missing was a room safe.

I also ate at the restaurant...good food.

Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed: February 2014

Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you where able to find that at our hotel. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!