“Saving My Bacon”

Ranked #33 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Saving My Bacon”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Praise and accolades to Tim Robincort and Manager of Housekeeping! Tim drove me to the airport on the hotel shuttle and when I went to check in, I discovered that I left my driver's license in the hotel room. Called housekeeping, the manager went directly to the hotel room, found my license, got Tim and sent him directly to the airport. He met me directly outside baggage claim with my license in hand and I made my flight with 45 minutes to spare. They went out of their way to save my bacon!

Room Tip: Away from elevators and the ice machine
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry T T
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for selecting us and for revealing your positive view of our business with others. We strive to deserve accolades like yours every single day and we will never tire of hearing that we please our treasured customers and clientele

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

So we got two rooms this Saturday night and everything was perfect. The hotel seems like it must have been an Embassy Suites in the past - the layout is just like ES!!!! But the service and details are just like Marriott. The rooms are large and great for families. The suites are so nice (I think all rooms are suites) so that you can have enough room to spread out. Another pleasant surprise was that breakfast was a gift to platinum members. Great hotel and great service. We will be back!

Stayed May 2014
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Every day we count our blessings that our business attracts such nice and kind hearted patrons like you. That you would take your time to so generously honor our staff is totally appreciated. We are believers that within each review one gets a glimpse of the character and quality of the reviewer as well as that which they review. That being the case....we can only hope that our business is near the quality that you represent.
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The Renaissance Charlotte Suites was by far the nicest, cleanest, most comfortable hotel I've ever stayed in... and for a reasonable price too. The hotel itself is huge, I was completely in awe of how nice and beautiful it was. Very clean, staff was friendly. Our room was great. The bed was so comfortable and it was the best nights sleep I've had in a while. The pool and hot tub was awesome. We stayed here two nights and we were on the 9th floor. We could see the Charlotte skyline from our window which was awesome. Whenever we travel here or anywhere else again we will definitely stay here. 5 out of 5 stars in my book!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
That you would choose our business for your stay is quite pleasing to us. Even more rewarding is the reaction that you indicate that you had regarding your visit with us. Wow...does this make us happy. We believe all guests should both expect and receive a high level of service. Thanks for sharing your memorable experience with others.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had an unfortunate flight situation at the airport where I needed a place to stay without my luggage. Yvonne took exceptional care to ensure that I was taken care of properly and gave me an excellent rate due to my circumstances. The hotel was excellent as it was a living room plus bedroom suite at this location. Still had the concierge lounge and was able to take advantage of that as a Marriott Gold member.

Room Tip: Did not go in the area of the spa. All rooms look great as they are nice sized suites.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. We look forward to serving you again soon. Gratefully,Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just spent the weekend for my Grandsons Birthday. We rented two joining Suites and they were great.
The resturants and food was superb and the whole staff could not do enough. We visited Carowinds while there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for both your patronage and for posting such generous comments regarding our business. We work very hard to ensure that we please wonderful customers like you. Thank you for validating that we are accomplishing that goal.
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a little trouble finding the place late at night (located in an office park with no signage to tell you where to turn, etc), but otherwise had a great experience. Staff was very friendly and receptive to my request for late arrival time (after midnight) and got me checked in smoothly + quickly upon arrival. Stayed on the top floor (9th). Room was clean and in great condition, bed was very comfortable. Got a great night's rest!! Hotel reminded me so very much of an embassy suites! I would definitely recommend and stay here again whenever in the Charlotte area. Wish I had been able to stay to enjoy more of the amenities!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. We appreciate hearing from you and will share your positive comments with the team here at the hotel. Thank you also for your definite recommendation. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Charlotte. Perhaps for that longer trip to enjoy the many things to do in the area.

Best regards,
Tennessee
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Great rate and nice spacious rooms. We rented two rooms for our family of 4 and it was perfect! Located near airport so very convenient for traveling. The restaurant for breakfast was okay for coffee, omelet to order and oatmeal. However, the fruit wasn't very fresh. Service was great though.

Stayed May 2014
Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you were able to find that at our hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!