“Great staff”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #38 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Great staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is clean, and roomy. The suite set up is good. There is a small shopping center with several restaurants within walking distance. Good area for running, with hills! The breakfast is very good. The friendly staff go out of their way to help. There is an airport shuttle and staff will try to accommodate your arrival time. Many of us needed to leave very early for a Sunday morning flight and the shuttle was not running that early. I requested a taxi the night before, but when I arrived in the lobby, on time, a woman had just taken my taxi. However, within minutes another arrived. The woman on desk staff that night had called in extras because she "suspected something like this would happen" Wonderful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank C C
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. You observations on restaurants in the area and specific features about our location that you enjoyed will certainly be helpful to those looking to visit. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As a Marriott Gold, staying for 3 nights for a conference, I was unimpressed. The location is good, as it's near the airport, but other than that there are few redeeming factors.

I arrived after midnight, although I called the afternoon of my arrival to inform them of my late arrival and request an upgrade. They kept me on hold for a few minutes and said they requested an upgrade.

When I arrived, they said no upgrade was available and put me in a room right next to the elevators. They made no mention of any benefits of being a Marriott Gold (such as club access or free internet), and didn't offer to help with my luggage. I find it hard to believe that every room in the hotel away from the elevators was occupied by a Gold or Platinum member, and that the entire 9th floor was sold out.

I found out by inquiring at the front desk about the internet offered as a Marriott Gold, as well as the existence of a club on the 9th floor, but this should have been information provided to me upon check in.

The hotel rooms were rundown, although the lobby was nice. The club was OK, although not well stocked, and with very little variety.

As a Hyatt Diamond and Marriott Gold, I must commend Marriott on being so exceptionally consistent in the sparse offerings that they give to their elite members, as well their remarkable consistency in not extending upgrades to their elite members. When it comes to hospitality, Marriott is a global leader in ensuring that their elites expect almost nothing in return for loyalty.

I highly recommend the Hyatt brand over Marriott any day of the week, and as there were Hyatt's nearby I would have stayed there if not for my company arranging the Marriott stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, and if not possible, request a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark42139
Nabil W, AGM Rooms at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. I would like to take a moment to invite you to E mail me at nabil.wissa@jqh.com or call 704-357-1414 ext 2011 and we will do our best to change your experience in the near future.
Darlington, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Second stay at this property. Away from hustle and bustle of Charlotte and convenient to airport. My wife and I stayed overnight and flew out of Charlotte to vacation in Cancun.The hotel is clean, friendly staff and shuttle to airport with park car during trip; nominal fee.Perfect location to go out for a walk.I would highly recommend this location

Room Tip: I think any room would be acceptable
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for your recent visit and subsequent wonderful praise. Feedback, especially from such well-spoken customers like you, is not only invaluable to those researching businesses like ours, but is also important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. Thanks again.
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I am a very frequent traveler and whenever I am in the Charlotte area, I make it my business to stay at this particular hotel. And while the staff is always nice and the rooms are clean and roomy. My best thing about the hotel is the ability to be able to run/walk in a safe well lite area. This is in the morning and at night. There are sidewalks everywhere, except for the walk up to the hotel. Great place to stay and easy access to the airport.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We deeply appreciate your very positive review of our business. We are very pleased that you got to enjoy many favorite aspects of what we have to offer. It is always most rewarding to hear directly from our customers and especially those willing to provide their positive perspective with the online world and beyond. Please revisit us soon and often.
Largo, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My flight was canceled and the airline was unable to get me to my destination, so after hours of standing in line waiting for the other 100+ passengers before me filling up the available flights I was at the mercy of the airline to book me a room at their expense. I was not given food vouchers nor given any additional information as to what to expect going forward, only given a phone number to call to have the hotel van come pick me up. The driver was so so nice and polite, he provided me with pick up information and the best time to arrive to the airport for the next days flight as it was a holiday. Once inside the hotel several very nice men at the front desk welcomed me with smiles. Derk Roddy was sympathetic to my situation and gave me a free appetizer for dinner. I also was given a tooth brush, comb and toothpaste as all I had were the clothes on my back. Once I turned around I was pleasantly surprised of the beautiful scenery. There were waterfalls, pathways through the lobby in which to view the art work on the walls, there are glass elevators where you could look down over the lobby.The room was so beautiful and BIG. More than I could have ever imagined. The bartender Evelyn Vaze was so nice and welcoming, along with Andrea Gregery who kept me company during my meal. Breakfast the next morning was nothing short of AMAZING!!! My waitress Christine Youngblood was so kind and friendly and the buffet was well stocked and very clean, I was delighted with the blueberry pancakes that were made by the chef. With all of the travel issue I had experienced the prior day I would not have changed a thing as it gave me this opportunity to meet the nicest people in Charlotte NC. Lastly I was driven back to the airport by another hotel driver who shared advice and restaurant suggestions for my next "unexpected stay". I strongly urge you to make this hotel an absolute MUST see. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was on floor 2 room 201 and it was perfect in every way. Right in front of the elevator and had a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind words about Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. We look forward to serving you again soon. Gratefully,Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
bow
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Renaissance while attending my daughters graduation. The hotel room was immaculate, the restaurant and bar were both well attended and supported with a wonderful caring staff. Olga our waitress made our simple celebration even more memorable. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for visiting us. It's always nice to learn that we have exceeded expectations and especially on such an important occasion as was your event. We never lose sight that you, as all consumers, especially now due to the wonders of the web, have a range of options available to them when seeking out a business to meet your needs. Therefore, your praise today means more than ever.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As a top marriott Customer the hotel is always top notch. They are friendly and customer service orientated. The Shuttle service is out standing and Varian one of the drivers went out of his way for me today and saved me a car rental. Much appreciated

Robert

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for both your patronage and for posting such generous comments regarding our business. We work very hard to ensure that we please wonderful customers like you. Thank you for validating that we are accomplishing that goal.