“Awesome experience”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #61 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I have been reserving rooms on Priceline for a few months now and the Renaissance is by far the very best! When i arrived Maria was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were almost full to capacity, however Maria was able to put me in a nice upgrade. The room and hotel itself exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed my stay and will return very soon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for both your patronage and for posting such generous comments regarding our business. We work very hard to ensure that we please wonderful customers like you. Thank you for validating that we are accomplishing that goal.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Got stuck in Charlotte for a night. Arrived around 11pm and the hotel sent a shuttle to the airport and also the shuttle starts running to the airport at 6am, so that was very helpful not having to worry about transportation. Hotel was very clean, good late night dinner at the hotel and nice to see they had local NC wine on the menu as well to try. The staff was very helpful in my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jokerz24

Thank you for your kind words about Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. We look forward to serving you again soon. Gratefully,Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Maria was very helpful when I checked in and the room/amenities were nice. I thought the location was good as I had an early flight. Hotel seemed updated and roomy. I would recommend this hotel to others and will stay here in the future

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recently recommending our business and for sharing with the online consumer community your positive experience. Please introduce yourself next time you visit as we would like to extend our appreciation in person.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

With an unexpected canceled flight, we with many other travelers, arrived at Renaissance Charlotte Suites, all at once. A large group of weary stranded travelers all lined up needing assistance. The hotel staff were extremely helpful in getting us settled into a room right away. Fortunately they have dining as well and we had a very good dinner. Our room was both well designed and spotless. It is rare to find a hotel so clean! The rooms all open to the interior of the hotel with wonderful water elements to calm the nerves of folks like us who just got stranded after a cancelled flight. It was a wonderful place to stay and when we are back in Charlotte we will stay here again. We left the hotel at 5:00 am to catch a flight so we cannot speak to the breakfast service there. If the drinks before our dinner and the dinner service were better we would give this hotel a 5 star rating. .........signed, Stranded Travelers

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

What a terrific review. You covered virtually every aspect of what we think a customer should be evaluating when choosing a business such as ours. Included in your review was also the mention of the need in our multicultural society for variety. We are pleased to provide this variety to our community and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is clean, and roomy. The suite set up is good. There is a small shopping center with several restaurants within walking distance. Good area for running, with hills! The breakfast is very good. The friendly staff go out of their way to help. There is an airport shuttle and staff will try to accommodate your arrival time. Many of us needed to leave very early for a Sunday morning flight and the shuttle was not running that early. I requested a taxi the night before, but when I arrived in the lobby, on time, a woman had just taken my taxi. However, within minutes another arrived. The woman on desk staff that night had called in extras because she "suspected something like this would happen" Wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank C C
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. You observations on restaurants in the area and specific features about our location that you enjoyed will certainly be helpful to those looking to visit. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

As a Marriott Gold, staying for 3 nights for a conference, I was unimpressed. The location is good, as it's near the airport, but other than that there are few redeeming factors.

I arrived after midnight, although I called the afternoon of my arrival to inform them of my late arrival and request an upgrade. They kept me on hold for a few minutes and said they requested an upgrade.

When I arrived, they said no upgrade was available and put me in a room right next to the elevators. They made no mention of any benefits of being a Marriott Gold (such as club access or free internet), and didn't offer to help with my luggage. I find it hard to believe that every room in the hotel away from the elevators was occupied by a Gold or Platinum member, and that the entire 9th floor was sold out.

I found out by inquiring at the front desk about the internet offered as a Marriott Gold, as well as the existence of a club on the 9th floor, but this should have been information provided to me upon check in.

The hotel rooms were rundown, although the lobby was nice. The club was OK, although not well stocked, and with very little variety.

As a Hyatt Diamond and Marriott Gold, I must commend Marriott on being so exceptionally consistent in the sparse offerings that they give to their elite members, as well their remarkable consistency in not extending upgrades to their elite members. When it comes to hospitality, Marriott is a global leader in ensuring that their elites expect almost nothing in return for loyalty.

I highly recommend the Hyatt brand over Marriott any day of the week, and as there were Hyatt's nearby I would have stayed there if not for my company arranging the Marriott stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, and if not possible, request a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark42139
Nabil W, AGM Rooms at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. I would like to take a moment to invite you to E mail me at nabil.wissa@jqh.com or call 704-357-1414 ext 2011 and we will do our best to change your experience in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Second stay at this property. Away from hustle and bustle of Charlotte and convenient to airport. My wife and I stayed overnight and flew out of Charlotte to vacation in Cancun.The hotel is clean, friendly staff and shuttle to airport with park car during trip; nominal fee.Perfect location to go out for a walk.I would highly recommend this location

Room Tip: I think any room would be acceptable
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ren_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for your recent visit and subsequent wonderful praise. Feedback, especially from such well-spoken customers like you, is not only invaluable to those researching businesses like ours, but is also important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Barclay Downs
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe

Been to Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!