Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place
Ranked #91 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Fayetteville, NC
“Be Aware!!!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2007

This hotel has no class!! The owner and general manager is Arabic and he was a jerk. You cannot complain because the person who you complain to is the owner. The lady at the front desk had a nasty attitude with everyone. Not just my group, she was getting an attitude with other guests at the hotel. The maintenance man did not want to fix the toilets because he stated he got off work at 4:30 p.m. even though it was 6:15 p.m. and he was still there. All of the maintenance men were outside drinking beer and having a cookout in the parking lot!! Cursing and using bad language in front of our students! Yes, we had students ranging from ages 13-17. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The hotel is so bad that they have to get a cop to sit in the lobby at night! I HAVE PHOTOS OF THE MEN DRINKING OUTSIDE AND ROACHES IN THE BATHROOMS!!!

• Liked — NOTHING!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank ladybronco2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2006

I put my inlaws up at this hotel 7-19/20. I went up with them to help them move in and see the hotel. The room was about the size of a cruise ship stateroom with a very large bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was workable. Free breakfast, wifi and us long distance. There did not seem to be any other imminities. The area of town is safe and the other hotels in the area are about twice as expensive. They thought the hotel was ok and the price was nice. If you are just passing through and need a place to sleep or you have other places to be besides the hotel it will work ok for you. This hotel is not a desitination hotel. I would stay there but would not be my first choice in the area. Big downside when I walked in I saw the health department rating 87.5 yes a big fat B.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank routeguy
Reviewed 25 September 2005

I booked rooms online 11 months in advance at $49.00 a night for race weekend (we stayed here in Oct. 2004 race weekend for the same price and had no problem). I called 3 weeks before the race to verify my reservations and was told the rate was $149.00. I explained to the Assistant Manager that I had confirmed reservations for $49.00. She said they were not honoring that rate. I was very upset ask for the Manager but never got to speak with him (I called back 4 times and never was able to speak to him and he would not return my call). The Assistant Manager was very rude and unprofessional. I called Microtel Customer Service and they tried to talk to the Manager and explain to him that they would have to honor the rate but he would never call her back either. The Customer Service assured me I would be refunded the difference if they did not honor the rate at the hotel. Of course, the hotel didn't and the wonderful Customer Service of Microtel did refund back the difference.
As for the hotel the carpet in my room was stained and dirty looking. I was also given the room with the hospitality room on the other side of the wall. When we checked out other guest seem to have had the same problem with their rates as we did. Alot of unhappy people that weekend!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. This Microtel was individually owned so I don't think this should reflect on all Microtels. The Microtel Corp was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2005
9 Thank auntrose50
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2003

The staff is undeniably WONDERFUL!The rooms are updated and big. Beds-big and comfortable. One wall in the room was nothing but a big mirror,over the head of the bed..It made the room brighter and more open.Bathrooms are huge..tubs were gigantic!The one thing that i want to bring into my house from the hotel room is the window seat they had in each room.the continental b-fast was mindblowing!there were sooo many choices! And not just 'what kind of muffin will i have today'-sausage biscuit sandwiches,granola bars,oatmeal,cereal,etcThe location of the hotel is convient too..its between the speedway and downtown(all on the same street), and located next door to a bob evans- so you dont have to drive to dinner, if you dont feel like it :)Housekeeping staff are a blast to talk to.The general manager is sooo awesome.He talks to you as a person,not as a guest.And will go out of his way to make you as comfortable as possible,even if its 1am..I stayed there for 4 days,and consider some of the staff long distance friends now..and am planning a 2nd trip back to raid the vending machines and pop machine at 12am!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Sleep Inn University Place
Candlewood Suites - Charlotte University
Continental Inn
Continental Inn
#113 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place? Share your experiences!