“I am forever a fan of the Sheraton!”

Sheraton Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #80 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“I am forever a fan of the Sheraton!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We were there for my daughters's tournament at the Convention Center. My day leading up to my stay at the Sheraton, to say the least, was awful. Husband had heart attack scare. Had to make arrangements for someone else to bring my daughter because of the scare. I had an allergic reaction to something, looked like I had pink eye(started on my drive to Charlotte). Did not have lunch. Waited 45 minutes at Wild Wings downtown and was still not seated for dinner(8:45pm). I left. Found a Burger King that we had to run to, in the rain. We got to the hotel at 9:45pm looking like a crazed lunatic...then there was EMMANUEL. What a gem they have in that man! He asked for my name, and credit card(couldn't find it, imagine that). I was about to have a melt down, he could tell. He was very calming, pleasant, and charming too. There were no more rooms with double beds.......really?? He immediately gave us two rooms with king beds. After he got us all checked in, he said you look like you need a hug. Absolutely! He walked around the desk and gave a me heartfelt hug. My room was great, clean, and furnished nicely. One of the lamps was missing a bulb. I told the maid, within 10 minutes the maintenance man took care of it. This was my first time ever staying at a Sheraton, it definitely won't be my last.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
lmobile28, Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us Donette H. I am so glad to hear you had such a comfortable stay. I appreciate your kind words about Emmanual. He has been commended for making such a positive impact on your stay. We are glad to welcome you to our Sheraton family and will see you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Guest Experience Team Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My stay at the Sheraton couldn't have gone any better! I knew booking here it was undergoing renovations and there would be a lot of stuff going on, but I booked it anyway. Yes there was a lot banging and dust but the service made it all worth it. I've never seen such great hospitality. EVERYONE was Great! I want to thank Taylor especially she's a great person to have working for you. A couple others in the restaurant that I had a pleasure meeting were Gerome, Veronica, and Dylan. Thanks again! I will see you guys next time I'm in Charlotte and I hope I here about raises from all of them!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Diane6486
Thank you Diane6486 for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts about our property. We show great pride in delivering top notch service here at the Sheraton Charlotte and I am very proud to hear our team members made your experience a pleasant one. Each of them have been recognized for their efforts based on your comments. We appreciate your invaluable feedback and hope you continue to choose the Sheraton Charlotte when you are in the area.

atlanta
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Renovations almost finished at this spot and it will be one of the best sites in town when finished. Managers Yvette and Arthur make you forget W.I.P. and treat you like a king. Rest of the staff is exemplary as well. Stay here before prices double!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We share in your excitement with regards to our property. I am pleased to hear our staff provided a great experience for you. We welcome and await your return. Thank you again for your kind thoughts.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at Sheratons for many years, but I'm not sure I will again after the treatment I got at this hotel. I arrived for a business trip, and I did not need my computer that day. I did take my iPad (luckily), but left the laptop charging on the desk. I have always done this, and had never had a problem. After a long day, I arrived back in my room about 7:30 pm and my laptop was missing! The charger was also missing, but my computer bag was still there. I went down to the desk, and the dude kept me sitting for quite a while as they were "checking things out." I was visibly upset and very tired. At first, I was told I didn't need to file a police report because they have a way of handling it. They told me "not to worry - they have great insurance." They said this happens all the time (which should have been my first clue!) Luckily, I went with my gut and filed a police report. I also called my son who actives the "Where's my Mac" setting. As an aside, the computer was pinged the next day in another area of Charlotte.

To make a long, ugly story short, it took over three months to get any action from the hotel. First their insurance denied the claim because "the computer wasn't damaged!" Next, after contacting the owner/manager they did settle with me for half of the cost of the computer which eased some pain. I was reminded of this today as I was looking at my receipts to file my income tax and see that I paid over $160 a night to stay in this nightmare hotel. You would think they would have comped my stay. I guess what really floors me is that they didn't seem to really want to find out HOW the laptop went missing out of my locked hotel room.

Do NOT leave any valuables in the room if you do decide to stay there. It gives me the creeps to know that someone entered my locked room. What would stop a thief from coming in when I was there? Very scary.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank swoodruf
lmobile28, Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your honest comments about your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the experience you encountered and I am concerned about the responses you received when speaking to our staff. As our property continues to improve and transform into a new and improved product we will continue to use invaluable feedback such as yours to improve our guest overall experience. If you would like expand on your comments please feel free to reach out to our General Manager. Thank you again for your continued patronage and for sharing your thoughts.

Guest Experience Team Manager

Travellers are raving about these Charlotte hotels

Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Having stayed at a Sheraton before, I expected a little better. The phone in our room didn't work, there was no guide in the room telling of the hotels services and local restaurants, etc. There was no vending machine in the hotel for late night munchies, so we had to order room service, which was delicious and prompt, but rather than spend a couple of bucks for just some chips, we had to order an appetizer, which cost considerable more. And there was no menu in the room. The elevator was not working late night. There was no easy access to the hotel from the parking lot. On the plus side, the bed was roomy and comfortable. It seemed highly overpriced for the location and lack of services. The staff was extremely courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
lmobile28, Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Sheraton Charlotte. I’m very happy to hear our staff was able to provide courteous service during your visit. As part of our renovations we will be adding a gift shop area that will provide snacks for our guests. In addition, one of our other major improvements will be a large scale upgrade and refurbishment of all our elevators. We do hope you visit us again once our new exciting property is completed for you. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback and warm regards.
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went on vacation to Sydney. On the way back I had this hotel booked so I wouldn't have to travel another 2 hours home after 23 hours in airports. I arrive blurry eyed around 10:30pm and proceed to wait in line for the one person checking people in. Took 35min to get checked in. They had one guy working the desk and 4 guys working valet. Didn't make sense until I learned they charge $25 per day to valet. $20 to self park. You must be a nice hotel to charge this much to park. THIS IS NOT A NICE HOTEL. They are under construction at the moment. Dry Wall patches all over the lobby. Finally get to the front to get my room key and the guy at the desk can't find my reservation. He finally finds it and gives me a room key for Room 815. Walking into 815, I noticed used towels on the ground instantly. That's right...I got a room that was "In Use". Can you say Awkward? I walked down and handed the room keys back to the one guy really working and told him to cancel the room. I then got in my car and drove all the way home. Lucky to survive the ride after not sleeping that long. I would rather wrap my car around a tree than spend the night in the CRAP Hole of a Hotel.

Cheers,

Joe

Room Tip: Don't Stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Thomasja37
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Sheraton Charlotte. Please accept my apology for the issue you encountered with the cleanliness of your guestroom. Also, I will follow-up directly with our Front Desk about the necessity of promptly handling our registration proces more efficiently. Thank you for your patronage and while I understand that we didn’t live up to your expectations, I would like to invite you back after our renovation is complete to experience the true warmth of Sheraton Charlotte. Warm regards.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked my room even after reading the reviews believing that they might be wrong but let me telling all of them are right to the point!

•Checking: I was never ask if I want my 500 points. They never told me about breakfast, club lounge or anything. He just handle me the keys with a big smile. (Like he knew what I was getting into)
•Night before a checking in there was a shooting at the property
•Bar lost their alcohol licenses - It will take a long time for them to get it back
•Hotel lobby is a dirty, yes they are under construction, so close the property until is completed!!!!
•Elevators didn't work today - Manager in one of the reviews said that it was taken care....
•Front desk told me that they will bring the breakfast coupon to my room, well they never did, so I had to get them myself 3 hours later.
•Order Breakfast - 30 minutes later I ask where is my order? Restaurant manager tells me a couple more minutes.... I just left
•Gym is a joke

This property should be closed until all renovations are done. Make workers work 24X7 for three month and then open. Not what they are doing now! This hurts!!!!!!

As a platinum member I disappointed of SPG brand that are letting this property run this way!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Panchex
Your comments and feedback outlining your experience are greatly appreciated. Your loyalty as a Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest is also valued. I apologize for the service you received while staying with us. The hotel is under renovation but some of the problems you experienced could have been avoided. Our property currently has a full bar as well as fully functioning restaurant. In addition, one of the major improvements during our renovation process is an upgrade and refurbishment of all elevators. As our property continues to improve and transform into new and improved product we will continue to use invaluable feedback such as yours to improve our guest overall experience. Thank you again for your continued patronage and for sharing your thoughts. Warm Regards.