“Great Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went to Charlotte for a little getaway, and decided on Sheraton becuase I got a company rate and I like staying with Starwood. The staff was wonderful, the young man that checked me in was very personable and seemed to actually enjoy his job. I'm sorry I can't rememebr the name but I am terrible at names, but he was tall with brown hair. The room was OK, we were in the back of the building overlooking the gravel roof of part of the building but it wasn't a huge deal since we wouldn't even be in the room much. Room service the next morning was nice, we had used the door hanger order form the night before so we could sleep until it was brought up, and it was brought on time and tasted great! My only complaint was the parking, I am sure there is a reason for charging $20, but it seemed a bit much for self-parking on the lot right next to the hotel. If the hotel would have been in the middle of downtown or had a parking garage I could see charging for it, but for it to just be the lot the hotel sits on, $20 is a bit pricey. I only really interacted with a few staff members but they all seemed to care about the guests and they were working hard to create a nice stay for guests despite the renovations. Did not get a chance to enjoy the pool but it looked very nice and had little tents on desk that I'm sure many visitors enjoy. All in all nice trip, but I would look at staying somewhere closer downtown if I went back again, especially if I am going to pay $20 parking anyways.

Room Tip: I would avoid the back rooms that overlook parking lot if room view matters. We did not care but it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yvette B, Director of Frotn Office Operations at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014

Director of Front Office Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first time staying at the Sheraton (I'm actually still here), and I'm not impressed. Upon arrival, the gentleman at check in was not very friendly. He just checked us in and gave use our room number and key. He did not explain amenities, tell us where the pool is or anything. When we got to our room, only 4 channels worked. They all said no signal. This morning we decided to make coffee. Starbucks! Yum! Unfortunately, it expired in 2013. We called down to the front desk for replacement coffee, and we are still waiting 30 minutes later. Also, once the sunlight came in this morning we noticed that the blanket on the bed is dirty and stained which makes me question the cleanliness of the entire room. I don't. I guess I expected more from the Sheraton hotel. Unfortunately, we are booked for 2 nights or we would be out of here. There are too many other hotels in this area to settle for the Sheraton. Don't stay here. Btw.... Done with this review, and still waiting for that coffee.... Maybe I'll get before this afternoon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LETISHA M
Yvette B, Director of Front Office Operations at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I would love to speak with you further about your experience. Can you please reach out to me at 704.626.3649 or at yvette.bullock@sheratoncharlottehotel.com. I look forward to connecting with you soon. Thanks and have an awesome day!

Warm regards,

Director of Front Office Operations

Travellers are raving about these Charlotte hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was a great stay. It wasn't far from Uptown and the Airport. Parking was free. The service was great! The lobby was gorgeous. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was amazing! It was a great Host Hotel for the AKA Boule. I enjoyed my stay!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank sherita1

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Arriving at the Shereton was awesome, my friend and I were greeted by the front desk Wayne. He was smiling and gave us some great places to go. Apparently they are under some construciton so there is a lot of noise and busy elevators. The pool was closed one day and no one actually knew when is was going to be opened again. Room service took over an hour to get a salad and cheese platter. One day I sat at the bar, it was around 1pm but there was only one server. After giving me water she left for 15 minutes and I never saw her again so I left.
The worst part was the shuttle service. I am here for medical reasons and I need to be at my appointments in the morning. I was aware of the free shuttle from 6am-9pm and made sure my appointments were around the time of the shuttle. I guess the shuttle only works on weekdays so they offered me the town car, after driving the whole 1.2 miles away he charged me $15. So the next day I made sure to get the shuttle. The driver drove me and was very kind. My next appointment was at the same time and at the same place. I go to the same driver and he informs me that he can't take me because he only goes "uptown" and he did me a favor. He would "lose business because of traffic."
I go to the front desk and she was very nice and called me a cab (after offering me the over priced town car) I informed her what was going on and she said she would have the manager call me. I never recived that phone call.

Overall the staff was very friendly and some what helpful but I wouldn't reccomend staying here. The food and beverages are over priced, they charge $10 a day for wifi and there is a lot of construstion going on.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paige D
Candler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was ALL about customer service. They are some of the nicest people I have encountered. This goes from maintenance and housekeeping to management.
The hotel is in the process of renovations but they are heading in the right direction.
The location is a little off the beaten path but you can still walk to downtown without too much trouble. I logged a few miles during my stay and was able to enjoy the Panthers stadium and some museums.
I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Yvette B, Director of Front Office Operations at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

Warm regards,

Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Room 11119 Note: My husband would've given this hotel a lower review rating, he thinks I'm generous. Two Elevators were out of order but being worked on. Hallways are not AC so hot. King size room (preferred customer) was small and bathroom was small. No refrigerator in rooms, but they did have a hairdryer in the bathroom. Ice, drinks, snack room available. Outlets on desk are hard to find, but are on the edge of desk. Television worked fine. Air Temp was adjustable and good until around midnight, but it got hot after that until around 6am (woke up sweating at night). Beds are comfy and rooms clean though. Heard sirens all night (not hotel fault) but we were on the 11th floor, Our room was not finished (mirror against wall, unmounted), Shower has 1/2 plexiglass so the floor gets wet and had quite a step up to get into, slippery. Pool area nice, Exercise room OK and in progress. Note in room says "Don't have room service 1 day for your stay and get $5.00 off food" Damn, the one great thing about this place was the staff, very friendly, helpful and wanting you to have the best of everything that they can offer. The owners should capitalize on the service, it's the one thing about this hotel that makes it worth while. Food is expensive, $20.00 for breakfast in dining room (they did not have a buffet, just a menu) with tax and tip, but par for the course with a hotel with a restaurant. Most hotels in the area have a complimentary breakfast, but not this one. Did give water and lemonade in lobby. Rooms could use updating (pictures old and worn in rooms, new lobby drab grey and could use some color). Conference rooms were extremely cold. May be worth it to look around. My husband's conference was at this hotel and we didn't stay inside the room too much. Went out with our kids in the evenings. Charlotte is a great city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look over the road I guess because you will be up all night with the so...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank bpsgirl
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Can you please contact me at 704.626.3649 or through email at yvette.bullock@sheratoncharlottehotel.com. I look forward to connecting with you soon. Have an awesome day!

Best regards,

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is (or soon will be) two hotels. The Sheraton and the Le Meridian both of which were once the Brooke.

I stayed in what will be the LeMeridian tower and the rooms have all been completely redone and are very nice.

Check in was flawless with attentive front desk staff and a beautifully inviting lobby.

My only complaint was breakfast. Seating was fast, but the attention from the staff after taking your order was lax.

There seemed to be no "zones" and servers were working the entire room. I ran out of coffee three times with long waits before anyone came by to ask if I wanted a refill.

My tipping starts at 20% but it is difficult to justify this when the service is lacking. On the flip side if that, I cannot take it out in the server if the F and B manager has decided this is the way it should work.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business