“No parking”

Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“No parking”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here recently for a weekend putting.. Nice hotel, good location, not a lot of shopping or restaurant in immediate area but close enough, within 10 miles...hotel was clean beds comfortable...only issue was no parking two nights in a row. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was same as all Hampton inn fresh waffles, limited fruit, cereal but overall no complaints. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Not much around other than gas station and another hotel so no very noises..would recommend staying...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jcote002
alvinsellars, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize that we were unable to accomodate your parking properly during the time you were here. We are looking at different solutions to correct this issue. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is the 2nd time staying at the resort .. It was awesome again . The kids loved the indoor pool.. We enjoyed the fitness center... The beds are OMG awesome:) There is a store next door for drink and snacks and gas. The shuttle service was on time and excellent. We left our car in the lot without any problems. One of the guys staying with us was up at 3 am and could not sleep.. So they gave him access to the gym early !! Great staff and very friendly:))

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank masseytravels
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2012

i am a huge hampton inn fan. that being said, i will be looking for another close-to-the-airport-with-long-term-parking hotel the next time i am in charlotte. the room itself was perfectly adequate. however, for the two nights we were there the wi-fi was totally botched and this threw off much-needed computer activity. we were advised that we could use the business center but the whole point of wi-fi is to be comfortable in one's own room. the HBO programming was out both nights as well. the worst aspect of this stay was the EXTREME jet noise which woke us up at 6:30am and continued off & on for an hour and a half. no sooner would we drift back to sleep than another jet would roar past! the front desk advised they had run out of ear plugs but had them on order....we politely suggested that perhaps they could run out and pick up a few to offer guests in the meantime. they didn't. we were leaving the next morning on an early flight so the jets merely served as an alarm the second morning! to their credit, the hotel did "comp" us for one night.

Room Tip: perhaps a first floor room might be quieter!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank queenbee24503
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I flew out of Charlotte on an overseas trip, and we needed a good night's sleep prior to departure, as well as a place to leave our automobile. This hotel was perfect. It was quiet, extremely clean, with very attentive staff. We parked our car, and we were transported to the airport. The hotel was nicely appointed. The only down side is there are few places to eat right there, but they are within a fairly cose drive by car. If you are traveling, this is a great place to stay. Or if you need to be in Charlotte, I'd recommend this hotel, too. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank packliteFl0rida
Morden, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here on our way out and the way back from Myrtle Beach golf vacation. Had our two post college boys with us and rented two rooms each time. I have stayed here before on business and was familar with it. So I guess you could say I ended up recommending the place to myself.

Nice & new, close to airport & car rental returns. Same great breakfast as before. I love the hard boiled eggs I can't get at home. Very attentive staff. I will be back. We walked to and eat dinner at the Holiday Inn next door.

Room Tip: Elevators are on the slow side so if you are planning to leave your room often or use the pool, I wo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Island_Joe095
alvinsellars, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive to give the best quality, comfort and service to all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Very new, clean and nice hotel, very close to the airport. All the positive things in the previous reviews are true. Finding the entrance driveway is a bit difficult to find - look for the little sign next to the Shell station. I would have given it 5 stars except for the front desk staff was annoying at check-in rather than helpful. I also didn't appreciate being awoken from sleep with a call to see if my room was alright. They need to understand that people who arrive very late at an airport hotel, might want to just get to bed quickly to catch an early flight. True customer service is knowing when to follow the script and when not to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to the area. In the effort to ensure our guest comfort, our front desk staff normally calls guests within 30 minutes of check in. Our aim is to be proactive and call shortly after check in to address any needs or concerns. Sometimes guest may want an extra pillow or have a question etc. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks again for your patronage.
Prosper, Tx
Reviewed 17 March 2012

that's their motto and I believe it! "Oh my gosh....this bed is so clean!" Wondered about this hotel since the price was so good and it was so close to airport. All I can say is wow!!! From the awesome indoor swimming pool and HOT hot tub to the great workout center to the friendly staff (Chris)! Did I forget to mention that this place is VERY clean! Big on my list. We didn't want to get out tonight so we got frozen pizzas in their 24 hour store and cooked them in the room! I want to live here!!!! Do not hesitate to book this room! Had to leave at 4 am for flight and we were sad to miss the included breakfast but NO! They had to-go bags for us! Any questions...ask me! If I'm here again....I'm HERE again,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family