“Close to the airport - You Won't Go Wrong With this Hampton”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #17 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Avon, CT
“Close to the airport - You Won't Go Wrong With this Hampton”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We called on arrival and were picked up promptly for our one-night stay. Check in was quick and when we got to our room, we called a local Italian restaurant that brought us an excellent lasagna in 25 minutes. Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare - very good and filling. The return shuttle left for the airport on time - it helps to make a reservation when you arrive. We had no issues with airport noise.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am extremely pleased that we were able to exceed your expecations.

I look forward to again earning your business in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dracut, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This is not a five star property, but for the money it was great. Plusses are the free breakfast, decent hotel gym (two TVs on opposite walls), nice pool and spa, good WiFi.
It is really convenient to the airport, but you need to make a reservation the day before to get the shuttle back to the airport if you have to stay overnight between flights. To get to the hotel from the airport you call from baggage claim and they come straight away (10 minutes).
Negatives are no on site bar/restaurant, but the hotel across the parking lot has an OK pub. If you want to hang in your room, a 7-11 next door has food/drinks.
The TV is also pretty far from the bed, so its a challenge to see/hear it.
Its a $20 cab ride to downtown, a little pricey if you want to go to a nice restaurant you need to factor in about $50 for transportation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Charlotte Airport, I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to see that we met your expectations with the product and service that we provide.

I am looking forward to showing you again what staying at a Hampton is all about.

Yours truly,

Ricardo Williams
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My manager chose this hotel for our accommodations for a group meeting. I found it to be very comfortable and quiet, even though it was so close to the airport. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the staff was very attentive. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and on the Reception/Gathering room side of the hotel. It was very q...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ricardo Williams
columbia, sc usa
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Had an early flight out of CLT and this hotel is really close to the long term parking. The staff was great and check in/out was easy. The lobby was really nice with several tv's to watch the games. We'll be back, if/when we have early flights. Another quality Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
I am grateful that your experience with us met your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience via this forum.

Team Hampton Inn & Suites, Charlotte Airport, looks forward to your next stay in our home.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Everyone here is phenomenal! I left a very special piece of jewelry behind when I checked out. It wasn't valuable but incredibly important to me. Ricardo and the staff went above and beyond to help find it and deliver it back to me. They made me feel taken care of and supported and understood in my concern for finding the necklace. Thank you thank you thank you! I have told everyone in my company to stay here when they travel to Charlotte.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
On behalf of my entire team and I, I say thank you!

Customer service is easy when you truly love what you do.

In our case, we truly do have a dedicated set of team players that will do everything with our power to make sure our guests are treated as though they were guests in our home.

Simple motto that works very well.

I look forward to your continued patronage.

Make it a GREAT day.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed there recently the night before an early flight. Very helpful staff, nice room, good breakfast and very low rate. Some of the other reviews mentioned noise from planes. We were on the 5th floor and heard none.

Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Terrible customer service...unbelievably rude!! Never again after numerous stays here, this hotel has gone down hill. During a snowstorm, nothing was done with the parking lot which was a sheet of ice and dangerous. Then, returning from a long flight to be greeted at the desk by a snarling employee. Never will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SingAloha
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
I pride myself on ensuring the team here treats every guest we encounter as a guest in our home.

I apologize for the state of the parking lot and we have taken measures to ensure that our vendor responds in a quick fashion during any future snow storms.

I also see that we were unable to meet your request for the upgrade, as I worked the desk earlier that day, we did try to accommodate, but, the hotel was sold out.

I, again, would like to apologize; and we certainly do welcome you back to our hotel.