“Recent Stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #16 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very nice hotel, close to airport, very quiet room s considering proximity to airport. Staff was helpful recommending restaurants, since there are none in the area. Secured us a driver for not only meals, but for meetings etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a newer Hampton style. The rooms are good sized and comfortable. There is no road noise. However, you are under a flight path to CLT - so you will hear jets overhead. You will hear them every 2 minutes. You can also sit outside and watch them fly overhead. It wasn't something that bothered me - but just a heads up.

They have a wired internet option that was actually high speed - finally a property with good speed.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

I was really impressed!
Traveling for my company, it's nice to see a neat place AND one that is clean with friendly people!
I am glad when I get to a room that is clean and nice! I can put my stuff down and relax!
This is the 2nd hotel this month, that I was able to do just that!
Friendly staff! Good location! Clean! Good space!
If you are looking for a nice place with great service...this IS the place!!
Don't hesitate! I won't anymore when I go there!
Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Good hotel very close to Airport. Only stayed one night . Had flight out the next morning for a vacation with family to Cancun. Took advantage of parking car at hotel while out of country to 7 days. Only cost $30 instead of over $40 at airport. Shuttle ran to airport every 30 minutes. When we returned we only waited about 1 minute before the shuttle picked us up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Shawn A
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We checked in after a long day of driving and found that this hotel was conveniently located to interstate 85 as well as the airport nearby.

Check in process was normal and we found the room was great, especially the bed comfort level ( more of an European bed feel rather than the rock hard "firm" mattress )
The room had a new flat screen TV, microwave, and fridge in it.

There were plenty of restaurants and a few shops within a few hundred meters distance and the hotel had a small shop that sold small dinners, pop, candy etc. takeout an delivery of food from local restaurants was available

One particular aspect worth mentioning was the hotel pool/hot tub & fitness room. The fitness room was well equipped and the pool was very warm, unlike many hotel pools that look nice, but are freezing cold. The hot tub was large and rectangular and was a cut above the standard hotel fare.

There is some airplane noise from the nearby airport but the air traffic ended about 11 pm so it did not interfere with sleeping.

A hot breakfast was available free with the room but I only had a coffee and my protein shake before hitting the road again

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

On way back from vacation had to stay overnight in Charlotte.. the first problem was shuttle did not come and waited over 45 min..I will say when I called the manager had me take a cab and they paid the fare..the room was clean .decided to order from the outside service..don't do it.the food was very bland and the guy delivering reeked of cigarettes. the order was incorrect but after waiting 45 minutes I was not willing to try again. There were no utensils or napkin or salt/ proper included. unfortunately my shower was I e cold at 5 am ..the front desk staff was nice and professional.. I think her name was audre not sure I would stay here again though if needed for layover since I only had few hours between shifts

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here before an early flight the next morning. We did the park and fly package. We left our car for 6 days. The rooms were great. Good breakfast. The shuttle to and from the airport was fast and wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family