“Airport Hotel”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were flying into Charlotte at night, and I didn't want to drive much in an unfamiliar place in the dark, so I picked this hotel based off its reviews on Tripadvisor. I also chose it because it had an indoor pool, and I thought it would be good to swim and stretch out my back after a long day on a plane.

Indoor pool was heated but did not seem clean. My son said he saw a piece of gum on the bottom. People using the pool were strange; maybe it was just an off night. There was a man drinking a beer in the pool/hot tub although the rules said no alcohol, and he started making out heavily with his wife/girlfriend in the hot tub right while her kids were watching; totally gross. There was another man tossing football to his son in the pool; hogging half of the pool so that no one else could swim on that side unless you risked getting hit in the head with a football. Pool way too small for that kind of thing. Pool experience would make me choose another hotel if I ever return to Charlotte. Front desk people were sympathetic when we complained about the pool.

Although the planes stop flying at 10 p.m., if you want to sleep in, this is not the place. We had a huge plane right overhead at 6:45 a.m.

Room itself was clean and breakfast was fine.

Not many restaurants nearby (Subway, Arbys and Hardees).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James L
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear James L;

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your time at our pool.

I am pleased that the team took the time so show care; and based on our in-house reporting addressed the individual using the bottled beverage in and around our pool.

We would like to you to give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Yours truly,

Ricardo W.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We are currently spending the third of three nights at the Hampton Inn near the Charlotte airport. Although we had intended to stay closer to Uptown, we ended up here and are glad we did. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. There is a lovely "manager's reception" every afternoon where drinks and snacks are served by the friendliest of hosts. Our room is spotless and roomy with more amenities than we actually require. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. We are in town to visit friends who live in the Uptown area but Charlotte appears to be a city that is easy to navigate and we are never far from what we want to see and do. Of course, we're used to the traffic in Chicago, so maybe we're just a bit spoiled here in a smaller city!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingTeacher59

Dear TravelingTeacher59,

My team and I are extremely pleased that we were able to meet with your expectations during your stay.

We certainly wish that should your travels bring you to the Charlotte area, you will once again stay with us.

Your friends in town,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel had excellent accommodations for the money. We stayed in a king suite because that's all they had left at such late notice. It was furnished with everything we needed and more. Even though the rom was more expensive, we chose the hotel because we needed shuttle service to and from the airport late at night and very early in the morning, which made up for the price of a taxi. It's just a shame we couldn't stay and enjoy the hotel more, but we just needed one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark W;

Thank you for sharing your experience through this forum.

I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations during your brief stay with us.

I can say that gives you a reason to return to the Charlotte area and stay with us again, so we can really show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Until next time,

Ricardo

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. Was a little disappointed when i checked in. I got to my room on the 5th floor only to move because both beds had hair on them. When i went downstairs to change rooms they notified housekeeping who was walking down the hall yelling about the situation. As if i wasn't a paying customer and didn't have the right to complain. When i go to my new room, i just wanted to settle in and not find anything else but couldn't help but notice there was no bed skirt on one of the beds. Not a big deal. Overall my 3 day stay was decent. Beds were comfortable. Tip: They don't tell you the run way from the airport is right in the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Ry J;

I would like to start by apologizing for the care that my team showed you during your stay with us.

I have left you a message regarding your stay at our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

All of the staff is very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. I stayed in a King Suite. The indoor salt water pool and hot tub is very nice. The free continental breakfast was good as well. They served waffles, home fries, eggs, sausage, fruit, granola, and other things. The room was fairly nice in size. I would've enjoyed it better if the sofa bed and king had something to separate them for a little privacy. They provided a shower cap, mouth wash, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, bath soap, and other things. Other than that, I feel like it was nice for the price. Located in a quiet and safe area. If you forget things like tooth brushes, they will provide them for you and just charge a small few to the room. There is also a small convenience shop open 24 hours next to the front desk that has several items. It is fairly expensive though so I would advise you to go to the Walmart instead. This is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Thebossae;

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased that the team was able to connect with you to provide a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn next to the airport in Charlotte. It was VERY close to the airport, so it was quick getting in and out. Did not hear the planes though, due to great soundproofing. Staff were excellent. Everyone was very friendly and took care of all our needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ron L;

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expecations during your stay with us.

Always remember that you have a friends here at the Charlotte Airport Hampton Inn & Suites.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was a little hesitant to book a hotel so close to a major airport. However, this hotel is not only quiet, it is clean and comfortable. With that said, it is the General Manager, Mr. Williams, who really makes this Hampton Inn a standout. His outgoing, friendly personality and assurance that every guest and their needs is properly taken care of is so refreshing and rare.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Joanne B;

I am overjoyed that our connection left a last impression of my team.

I have purpose of connecting with people to make sure they get that great service and product that we have become known for.

I really do hope that you will once again visit us when the opportunity presents itself.