“Very southern Hospitality!”

Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Princeton, WV
“Very southern Hospitality!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. They offered shuttle service to the airport, and allowed us to leave our car parked there for over 2 weeks.
The night we arrived, the shuttle took us to and from The Cracker Barrel...surprise service! Then, the next morning they were Johnny on the spot to get us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight.
When we returned (18 days later) they were again quick to pick us up from the airport, and helped us drag our suitcases into the lobby! They had given us menus for delivery service, but we were so exhausted that we had a couple of their wonderful cookies and hot chocolate and slept like babies!!
The breakfast the next morning was wonderful, and the lady taking care of it was too precious!! She basically waited on us!
Our car was exactly like we left it - no dents or dings, and a great rate for all those days of parking!!!
We will remember them the next time we fly from Charlotte!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear WVUJanie;

Thank you so much for giving us such a great review.

I am so pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We all look forward to earning your business again in the future.

Ricardo W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Concord, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

As usual, Hampton Inn was wonderful in our recent visit to Charlotte, NC. The staff were responsive, courteous, and very helpful. They had a "happy hour' the night of our stay, serving wine, and appetizers. This was a nice touch for a dreary Monday evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Valerie L;

We would like to thank you for rocking along with us!

As we truly love what we do, it is easy to deliver that service and product that our guests have come to expect.

See you in the future,

Your friends in Charlotte!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were flying into Charlotte at night, and I didn't want to drive much in an unfamiliar place in the dark, so I picked this hotel based off its reviews on Tripadvisor. I also chose it because it had an indoor pool, and I thought it would be good to swim and stretch out my back after a long day on a plane.

Indoor pool was heated but did not seem clean. My son said he saw a piece of gum on the bottom. People using the pool were strange; maybe it was just an off night. There was a man drinking a beer in the pool/hot tub although the rules said no alcohol, and he started making out heavily with his wife/girlfriend in the hot tub right while her kids were watching; totally gross. There was another man tossing football to his son in the pool; hogging half of the pool so that no one else could swim on that side unless you risked getting hit in the head with a football. Pool way too small for that kind of thing. Pool experience would make me choose another hotel if I ever return to Charlotte. Front desk people were sympathetic when we complained about the pool.

Although the planes stop flying at 10 p.m., if you want to sleep in, this is not the place. We had a huge plane right overhead at 6:45 a.m.

Room itself was clean and breakfast was fine.

Not many restaurants nearby (Subway, Arbys and Hardees).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James L
Dear James L;

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your time at our pool.

I am pleased that the team took the time so show care; and based on our in-house reporting addressed the individual using the bottled beverage in and around our pool.

We would like to you to give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Yours truly,

Ricardo W.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We are currently spending the third of three nights at the Hampton Inn near the Charlotte airport. Although we had intended to stay closer to Uptown, we ended up here and are glad we did. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. There is a lovely "manager's reception" every afternoon where drinks and snacks are served by the friendliest of hosts. Our room is spotless and roomy with more amenities than we actually require. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. We are in town to visit friends who live in the Uptown area but Charlotte appears to be a city that is easy to navigate and we are never far from what we want to see and do. Of course, we're used to the traffic in Chicago, so maybe we're just a bit spoiled here in a smaller city!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingTeacher59
Dear TravelingTeacher59,

My team and I are extremely pleased that we were able to meet with your expectations during your stay.

We certainly wish that should your travels bring you to the Charlotte area, you will once again stay with us.

Your friends in town,
Keller, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel had excellent accommodations for the money. We stayed in a king suite because that's all they had left at such late notice. It was furnished with everything we needed and more. Even though the rom was more expensive, we chose the hotel because we needed shuttle service to and from the airport late at night and very early in the morning, which made up for the price of a taxi. It's just a shame we couldn't stay and enjoy the hotel more, but we just needed one night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Mark W;

Thank you for sharing your experience through this forum.

I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations during your brief stay with us.

I can say that gives you a reason to return to the Charlotte area and stay with us again, so we can really show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Until next time,

Ricardo
Calabasas, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. Was a little disappointed when i checked in. I got to my room on the 5th floor only to move because both beds had hair on them. When i went downstairs to change rooms they notified housekeeping who was walking down the hall yelling about the situation. As if i wasn't a paying customer and didn't have the right to complain. When i go to my new room, i just wanted to settle in and not find anything else but couldn't help but notice there was no bed skirt on one of the beds. Not a big deal. Overall my 3 day stay was decent. Beds were comfortable. Tip: They don't tell you the run way from the airport is right in the back of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Ry J;

I would like to start by apologizing for the care that my team showed you during your stay with us.

I have left you a message regarding your stay at our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Wadesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

All of the staff is very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. I stayed in a King Suite. The indoor salt water pool and hot tub is very nice. The free continental breakfast was good as well. They served waffles, home fries, eggs, sausage, fruit, granola, and other things. The room was fairly nice in size. I would've enjoyed it better if the sofa bed and king had something to separate them for a little privacy. They provided a shower cap, mouth wash, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, bath soap, and other things. Other than that, I feel like it was nice for the price. Located in a quiet and safe area. If you forget things like tooth brushes, they will provide them for you and just charge a small few to the room. There is also a small convenience shop open 24 hours next to the front desk that has several items. It is fairly expensive though so I would advise you to go to the Walmart instead. This is a nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Thebossae;

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased that the team was able to connect with you to provide a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.