“When we really needed a hotel Hampton Delivered”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“When we really needed a hotel Hampton Delivered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Arrived at airport around 5pm for our 7 30pm flight to JFK to find all New York flights cancelled owing to weather and hotel rooms filling up fast. Used courtesy phone from airport to check into hotel and despite getting on wrong shuttle (my fault) and arriving at wrong hotel shuttle took us on to correct hotel. Managed to check in early enough for the complementary buffet (hotel does not have restaurant, room service available by outside caterers). Then we went up to our clean spacious room and after a very stressful few hours caused by the flight cancellation found the shower and clean sheets the perfect antidote.
We needed to leave the hotel at 6am to catch our new flight to New York. The wake-up call was punctual. The hotel shuttle was waiting for us at the appointed time and because we were leaving before the complementary breakfast we were supplied with a "grab bag".
Only downsides were some aircraft and traffic noise, not intrusive but frustrating to hear jets taking off when your own flight had been cancelled.
Absolutely full marks to the hotel and its staff for turning a bad ending of the day into a good one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Paul611;

Thank you for sharing your experience.

It gives you a reason to one day come to Charlotte and stay with us, so we can really deliver that Hamptonality.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Ricardo W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am VERY picky about hotels and we travel alot on business as well as pleasure. This was a stop over to fly out the next morning at the Charlotte airport. Mr. Williams the hotel Manager was extremely helpful when I asked for a very quiet room (3rd floor) --it was extremely clean, quiet, and the staff was friendly and professional and helpful. Fitness center and pool very clean and perfect. Breakfast was DELICIOUS. Best food I have ever had, period...hotel or not. We could tell that the room had been thoroughly cleaned and again, we are VERY picky about this, being Gold Hilton members. Sheets and covers were fresh and clean. Very family friendly and also very professional. I cannot say enough about this hotel. I would give it 10 stars if I could. You have to know that I DO not give high ratings to hotels...but this one knocked me over!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Cat191,

I am very humbled by your review.

It is easy for the team and I to promote that great service and product, since we really do enjoy what we do.

On behalf of the entire team, let me say thank you and I look forward to continually earning your business.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

After a very long day, I really appreciated the sincere hospitality from Anthony, Shawntay, and Audrea. These folks were so attentive that it made me feel like I was back at the Beverly Hilton, which is where I recently stayed for a family vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Carla M;

I always love when we are compared to the big box players in hospitality.

It shows that we are giving just as good of a service and product as they are.

So, from the team and I; I say thank you so much for your comments.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Your friends in Charlotte!
Princeton, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. They offered shuttle service to the airport, and allowed us to leave our car parked there for over 2 weeks.
The night we arrived, the shuttle took us to and from The Cracker Barrel...surprise service! Then, the next morning they were Johnny on the spot to get us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight.
When we returned (18 days later) they were again quick to pick us up from the airport, and helped us drag our suitcases into the lobby! They had given us menus for delivery service, but we were so exhausted that we had a couple of their wonderful cookies and hot chocolate and slept like babies!!
The breakfast the next morning was wonderful, and the lady taking care of it was too precious!! She basically waited on us!
Our car was exactly like we left it - no dents or dings, and a great rate for all those days of parking!!!
We will remember them the next time we fly from Charlotte!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear WVUJanie;

Thank you so much for giving us such a great review.

I am so pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We all look forward to earning your business again in the future.

Concord, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

As usual, Hampton Inn was wonderful in our recent visit to Charlotte, NC. The staff were responsive, courteous, and very helpful. They had a "happy hour' the night of our stay, serving wine, and appetizers. This was a nice touch for a dreary Monday evening.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Valerie L;

We would like to thank you for rocking along with us!

As we truly love what we do, it is easy to deliver that service and product that our guests have come to expect.

See you in the future,

Your friends in Charlotte!
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were flying into Charlotte at night, and I didn't want to drive much in an unfamiliar place in the dark, so I picked this hotel based off its reviews on Tripadvisor. I also chose it because it had an indoor pool, and I thought it would be good to swim and stretch out my back after a long day on a plane.

Indoor pool was heated but did not seem clean. My son said he saw a piece of gum on the bottom. People using the pool were strange; maybe it was just an off night. There was a man drinking a beer in the pool/hot tub although the rules said no alcohol, and he started making out heavily with his wife/girlfriend in the hot tub right while her kids were watching; totally gross. There was another man tossing football to his son in the pool; hogging half of the pool so that no one else could swim on that side unless you risked getting hit in the head with a football. Pool way too small for that kind of thing. Pool experience would make me choose another hotel if I ever return to Charlotte. Front desk people were sympathetic when we complained about the pool.

Although the planes stop flying at 10 p.m., if you want to sleep in, this is not the place. We had a huge plane right overhead at 6:45 a.m.

Room itself was clean and breakfast was fine.

Not many restaurants nearby (Subway, Arbys and Hardees).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James L
Dear James L;

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your time at our pool.

I am pleased that the team took the time so show care; and based on our in-house reporting addressed the individual using the bottled beverage in and around our pool.

We would like to you to give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Yours truly,

Ricardo W.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We are currently spending the third of three nights at the Hampton Inn near the Charlotte airport. Although we had intended to stay closer to Uptown, we ended up here and are glad we did. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. There is a lovely "manager's reception" every afternoon where drinks and snacks are served by the friendliest of hosts. Our room is spotless and roomy with more amenities than we actually require. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. We are in town to visit friends who live in the Uptown area but Charlotte appears to be a city that is easy to navigate and we are never far from what we want to see and do. Of course, we're used to the traffic in Chicago, so maybe we're just a bit spoiled here in a smaller city!

1 Thank TravelingTeacher59
Dear TravelingTeacher59,

My team and I are extremely pleased that we were able to meet with your expectations during your stay.

We certainly wish that should your travels bring you to the Charlotte area, you will once again stay with us.

Your friends in town,