“Nothin' finer than to be in Carolina at the Charlotte Airport Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Lexington, Ky
“Nothin' finer than to be in Carolina at the Charlotte Airport Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

I am writing this review from the business center of this hotel. I am like many on tripadvisor who stays in hotels quite often. And I can honestly say that this Hampton Inn-Charlotte Airport is excellent. The entire staff here can not do enough for you. They are very friendly and cheerful and that means alot when you are traveling. The warm breakfast is very good with eggs, potatoes, meats, juice, coffee, yogurt, etc, etc. And it is all good too. The rooms are very clean as well as the entire hotel. The location is near the airport which is convenient for travelers. Some residual noise from the jets at times but never too intrusive. I would highly recommended this property to any traveler.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

I am in the hotel industry and I like to critique a hotel when I stay in one. Recently I had the chance to go stay at this hotel with some friends. When we arrived there, I was amused by the location of the hotel. Following that was a hip yet relaxing check in reception. I was checked in by the cooliest young dude, I must tell you this guy knows what he is doing. The entire check in experience made the first impression of this hotel A+. We enjoyed our stay, loved the decor and had lots of fun.
We also enjoyed the Bar Drinks that night and a young lady bar tender was very friendly and attentive. Overall the hotel stay was great and everyone at the hotel is doing a great job.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Egardner78
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel purely as I was told I could not fly unless I had a hotel booked for my first night as my connecting flight was not going out until the following morning, so I booked it at the airport. That being said I was very happy that I did, the staff were super friendly, the room was excellent and the facilities great.

The staff even made me breakfast in a bag and got me a free ride to the airport as I had a very early flight. I plan on going back to the area at some point to have a look around, purely as everyone I talked to including the police were so warm and friendly.

I really can't recommend this place and the area enough.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark L
Hilton Head
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

We spent one night here prior to flying out of Charlotte Airport. When we arrived, workmen were busy replacing the wallpaper in the hallways, but they finished up and cleaned up everything by the time we returned from dinner. Even my son (a teenager) remarked how neatly they cleaned up!

The front desk was great....our wake-up call and shuttle pick-up were arranged at check-in. The clerk recommended the Charlotte Ayrsley neighborhood for dinner and a quick trip to Walmart.

The room was spotless. I did my usual bed bug check of the mattress before bringing our suitcases into the room. The mattress and linens all appeared to be clean and new. My only complaint would be the wall unit heater that came on periodically and was so loud it woke me up each time. I should have turned it off before going to sleep.

The shuttle took us promptly to the airport at 6 am the next morning with two other guests. We did not eat at the free breakfast bar. Not hungry at that time.

Upon our return, we called and the shuttle picked us up ten minutes later and took us straight to our car in the hotel parking lot.

I would stay here again before an early flight from the Charlotte airport.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

The hotel was brand new, gorgeous, great service, good food, great shuttle service but...........it was right under an approach pattern the night we stayed. Jet after jet flying over our bed. I am a very light sleeper so it may not bother you. My husband was not bothered by it much. Very safe location to park your car while you travel. PS-Looking for a great place to eat before you fly? Try Portifino's Restaurant. It was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Estes Park, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

We had an early flight home after visiting relatives in VA, so we spent a night here and took the early morning airport shuttle. Our rental car company was just over a mile away, and the hotel offered to drive us back from the rental company after we returned our car. (We walked, needed the exercise!) Shuttle driver saved us a big headache the next morning, by directing us to the shortest security line in the airport. Rooms were comfy, clean. All personnel were extremely courteous. There were police present often, evidently b/c the hotel offers free coffee and breakfast to officers - a wise move on their part. If you parked your car here and flew out of Charlotte, this would likely enhance your peace of mind! We ordered dinner to the room from nearby Carrabba's Italian Grill. Otherwise, there weren't many dining choices within sight.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Yadkinville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

I usually tend to flock toward Hampton Inns because they are so clean and nice. This one didn't disappoint me. We were on our way to California from Charlotte and needed a one night stay close to the airport. I had planned to stay the night, park in the extended lot at the airport and go about my vacation. I was surprised to hear from the desk help at checkin that they offered parking while you travel. So rather than paying $40 at the airport lot this Hampton inn provided free parking for 1 week and just $10 for any additional week. We were gone for 10 days so we only paid the $10. The lot was right next to the hotel and security was provided. THANK YOU HAMPTON INN... AGAIN! You have a loyal customer in us!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family