“Great modern hotel”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #70 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed here one night prior to catching my flight. Hotel was clean and modern. Room was spacious with comfortable beds. Liked that the toilet was separate with its own sink. Desk area provided plenty of space and outlets everywhere to charge electronics. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Business area was modern and computers were fast. During my stay I observed hotel staff constantly cleaning. Breakfast was a nice touch. Great value and location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank YBNJ
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear YBNJ

Thank you for taking the time to render your feedback on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback and respect that you have the choice when choosing your hotel accomodations. We pride ourselves on having a clean facility and most of all staff members who truly care about each guest's experience. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Checked in late with a friend arriving early. The manager allowed my family member to get into our room early even though not on the reservation officially. Wonderful service by manager since I was delayed at airport. The manager remembered it was my birthday and greeted me the following day as well. Very friendly and attentive staff, easy to access from highway, lots of shops and stores around, and very very CLEAN.
Can recommend for a variety of travel types.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank veffekt
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear veffekt,

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thanks for your feedback. Here at the SpringHill Suites we understand that you have a choice when choosing your hotel and lodging accomodations. Thats why we take pride in making sure that each guest has a friendly staff enviornment, Clean rooms, and a problem free stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I hope you choose us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom layout is interesting with the toilet separate from the shower. A nice touch. There was plenty of desk space and a comfortable desk chair for working. I spent many hours during my stay working at the desk and everything was comfortable. The microwave was also very convenient along with the fridge and coffee pot. As a business traveler, it was nice to see that wifi access was included in the price and the speed was sufficient for all I needed to do. Other chains can learn that including wifi in the hotel room cost is a must these days. The only negative was that the included buffet breakfast was not the best...sufficient and ok but certainly not something to write home about. There were plenty of restaurants and places to shop within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was quick and efficient, and I had no problem extending my checkout time. Although when I returned from my meeting, they were already cleaning my room before I had checked out...I think there may have been some communication issues between the front desk and cleaning staff. Overall, my stay was pleasant and comfortable and would recommend this hotel to other business travelers.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room away from the elevators and the main street that runs along side t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed M
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Mr. Ed M,

I would like to take this moment to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Our main goal is to insure that each guest has an enjoyable stay and as a business traveler, to make sure that you have everything you need to keep your normal routine. Thank you for such kind words and also for the constructive feedback about our breakfast. This feedback will be used during our departmental meetings. Currently SpringHill Suites as a brand will be rolling out a new breakfast later this month so hopefully this will take care of some of the needs of our future guests. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we look forward to your next stay with us. Thank so much for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballanytne Area.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

When we arrived at the hotel Juan who checked us in greeted us with a small and check in took a few minutes. He told me that Lincare had delivery my equipment. The room we receivec 234 was dirty. They had just made up the bed, did not clean the bathroom and dirty towels was left all over the bathroom floor. The cleaning crew needs a lot of directions on how to clean. Juan at the front desk immedicately moved us to another room. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was nice, waffles, eggs, sauage, cereal ,fruit, yogourt, bagels,toast, oatmeal. Juice, Coffee, Teac and hot choclolate. The staff keep the area clean and the bar well plenished.

We would come back and stay in a heart beat.

Thank you Juan and kitchen staff for making our stay relaxing and peaceful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hurt65

Dear Hurt65

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review my hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used during department trainings. We understand that you have a choice when it comes down to your hotel accomodations and feel honored that you chose the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area. If you are ever in the area again please consider us when booking your hotel accomodations. Once again, Thank you.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is our second time here in two years and the place has noticeably deteriorated. Breakfast has been a big question mark--no hot water for tea one morning and no orange juice another. What if we were quality inspectors instead of guests? Reading light near bed was out and bulb still hasn't been replaced 24 hours after reporting. I had to suggest to front desk that we borrow a lamp from a vacant room. This took a very long time. I will really question staying here again even though I earn Marriott points. Convenient location though and suites nicely set up.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz G
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear Ms. Liz G

I am writing regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us. We strive to always give our guest exceptional customer service and in your case we failed to do so. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will definitely be used when addressing these issues with my staff, and also during our customer service trainings. I really hope that we are given another chance to impress you with the kind of customer service that we are capable of giving. Once again I apologize for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here for three nights recently and the rooms were modern and clean but thought the price was steep. The weekend rates are not bad...paid 94.00 for Saturday and Sunday nights but then price jumped to 156.00 for Monday night. The rooms were a little on the small side but adequate. The split bathroom worked really well for us but others complained that the light is disturbing at night because the bathrooms have glass doors. The pool was a little murky so we didn't get in it....may have been due to the fact that they had several teenage rugby teams staying at the hotel so the pool got a lot of use. The breakfast was okay and the breakfast area was very clean. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful....especially Charles at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Surfrider SC,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to render your feedback. We really try to make sure that each guest has an experience that would make them want to come back and in this case we fell short. I am sorry that you felt that our property was a little on the pricey side. Our hotel is priced comparable to other hotels in the Ballantyne area. Next time you are in the Charlotte area please feel free to contact us directly to see if we are able to get you a better rate than what you paid. Typically there other discounts out there. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I will share it with other members of management to insure each guest has a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Once again thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The location is great and the room was clean, large and contemporary. However, the price was almost Vegas-high. A "usual" breakfast buffet was included in the price and we still felt it was a bit much. We were in town on business and rarely at the hotel.

It looked great, the bar was nice; I don't think we'd stay again due to the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike L
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Mr. Mike L,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to render your feedback. We really try to make sure that our hotel is clean and problem free every single day. I am sorry that you felt that our property was a little on the pricey side. Our hotel is priced comparable to other hotels in the Ballantyne area. Next time you are in the Charlotte area please feel free to contact us directly to see if we are able to get you a better rate than what you paid. Typically there other discounts out there. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I will share it with other members of management to insure each guest has a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Once again thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte/Ballantyne
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#44 of 178 in Charlotte
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area? Share your experiences!