“Third stay, love this place”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #71 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Greensboro, NC
“Third stay, love this place”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had stayed here on 2 previous occasions checking it out for our son's wedding weekend. We booked a block of rooms and everyone loved it. There is a great breakfast bar (free) and there's also a bar and snacks that opens nightly. Great seating in the bar/breakfast area to gather with friends anytime day or night. The rooms have a very European feel and are large enough to have two areas seperated by a paneled area and desk. The sleeping area had the bed and one room for the shower and vanity, and another room for the toilet and an additional sink, which is nice if you're entertaining in your room because people can use your bathroom and you don't have to clean up your vanity area. And you will be entertaining, there is another area that has the desk, a large "L' shaped sofa, and a fridge, bar area, and micowave. The couch is certainly large enough if you have an additional person spending the night. the rooms are very new looking and clean. The noise level is nil, even though you are on a major intersection, you don't hear it. the staff was great and very accomodating to all our guests that were coming in, even blocked us all together on our floor the day we all checked in. It was a great experience and many of our family commented on what a nice place it was to stay. the most comfortable beds I've slept in, including my own at home.

Room Tip: Can'[t really think of one, as I saw a lot of the rooms my family stayed in and they were all eq...
1 Thank Earthlady
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Earthlady,

Thank you for your feeback and taking the time to complete a survey on the Trip Advisor website. I see that you stated that this was your third time staying with us. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest and also a special thanks for choosing the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne for your lodging needs.

Kindest Regards
Tyrekus Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Breakfast was bad. paper plates, plastic spoons and paper cups. Disappointed with the service too. I stayed here because client office is close to this hotel. Room was good, bed was ok. car park was good. restaurant did not have good choice of food. budget hotel would have been better than this hotel as I did not bother to have breakfast. used the hotel only to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Bash123,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback will be used during our weekly managers meetings. I would like the oppourtunity to apologize for your experience. Our breakfast is currently under a revamp stage and will be fully rolled out by mid June. Our hotel dosen't have a full resteraunt. We only have a bar with bar style food options. There are many great food options within the local area as well. I would hope that the next time you are in the area that you would take advantage of some of our fantastic dining options close by. Once again, thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our stay for a Family and Friend Birthday Celebration Weekend worked out perfectly. The rooms were large enough to accommodate everyone. We were also all placed on the same floor not too far away which made it even more convenient. Children enjoyed pool, which also has a nice small outside patio. Staff were very courteous and helpful! Children also enjoyed selecting their own breakfast in the morning. Location worked out great for all of us also!

Room Tip: Shower and toilet area's have sliding glass door's. You can't see in them, however, it...
1 Thank Candy T
Dear Candy T,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review of our hotel. We really try to insure that every guest has an enjoyable problem free stay. We also pride ourselves on clean spacious rooms as well as our complimenatary breakfast. Thank you for your kind words about our staff as well. The key to any successfull hotel is the staff. If you are ever in the area again please consider us on your future stays. Kindest Regards
myrtle beach
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I usually stay in Residence Inns but stayed here because it was close to an appointment I had while in the area. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The manager helped take care of some concerns we had during our stay.

Great location, Nice indoor pool ( small but nice). I liked that hey had pool towels available for you. Nice Lobby and good breakfast.

My only complaint besides them not having a pack and play that was confirmed before our arrival was that they do not put trash bags in their trash cans. I called the front desk to inquire about this and they stated " we are trying to be a green hotel, we have some trash bags if you would like them." ...here are my thoughts: I like that this hotel is trying to be more green, but no trash bags? When you travel with kids that can be kind of gross...I mean who wants to throw a dirty diaper in a trash can with no bags? I think that they should try to be more "Green" in other ways like providing recycle trash cans in the room or lobby, or getting rid of all the plastic bottle samples in the bathroom, or better yet get rid of the individually wrapped coffee packets in the room....I mean they do offer a free breakfast with coffee. Not having trash bags seems like a way for corporate to save money, not be more green. Nice way of saying that they are trying to save money.....

The best thing they can do to be more green is get some recycle bins...

You will be pleased with your stay....just bring trash bags or make sure to ask for them up front.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the busy street. Ask for trash bags
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear scnursemyrtlebeach,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to render your feedback of your stay with us. I welcome all feedback. I will use your feedback when approaching our corporate staff on our Recycle program. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and if we can be of any service to you in the near future please don't hesitate to call on us. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne Area.
Milton, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I am a Hilton honors diamond member. I chose this hotel on the advice of a friend and was not disappointed. Very clean nicely appointed rooms. Separate toilet from the shower area, big comfortable sectional couch in sitting area. Service was outstanding and very close to all of the activities of South Charlotte.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Goliathn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again.
New jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed here one night prior to catching my flight. Hotel was clean and modern. Room was spacious with comfortable beds. Liked that the toilet was separate with its own sink. Desk area provided plenty of space and outlets everywhere to charge electronics. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Business area was modern and computers were fast. During my stay I observed hotel staff constantly cleaning. Breakfast was a nice touch. Great value and location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YBNJ
Dear YBNJ

Thank you for taking the time to render your feedback on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback and respect that you have the choice when choosing your hotel accomodations. We pride ourselves on having a clean facility and most of all staff members who truly care about each guest's experience. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ballantyne Area.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Checked in late with a friend arriving early. The manager allowed my family member to get into our room early even though not on the reservation officially. Wonderful service by manager since I was delayed at airport. The manager remembered it was my birthday and greeted me the following day as well. Very friendly and attentive staff, easy to access from highway, lots of shops and stores around, and very very CLEAN.
Can recommend for a variety of travel types.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank veffekt
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear veffekt,

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thanks for your feedback. Here at the SpringHill Suites we understand that you have a choice when choosing your hotel and lodging accomodations. Thats why we take pride in making sure that each guest has a friendly staff enviornment, Clean rooms, and a problem free stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I hope you choose us on your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#45 of 177 in Charlotte
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area? Share your experiences!