“Lovely staff that goes above and beyond”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #68 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“Lovely staff that goes above and beyond”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with my boyfriend and could not have been more pleased. I am a hotel snob and had never heard of SpringHill Suites...I was pleasantly surprised! The space was clean and modern with more than enough room for two (very tall) people. Loved the "separate" living room and kitchen area, and was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast - lots of choices!
I thought I would miss having an in house restaurant but honestly I didn't and was grateful not to have the insane room service bill at the end of our stay.

But the best thing about this hotel is the staff. I was hosting a surprise birthday dinner for the boyfriend and needed a place to put together the party favors that I had shipped down to Charlotte...all without him finding out. Bianca at the front desk was so helpful - when i asked if there was a private business center she generously offered use of the hotel office to coordinate the favors (and make a big mess - sorry Bianca!). She even found a local Party City so I could grab some balloons on the way to the restaurant. Both she and her colleagues were so friendly and accommodating, they made the entire stay feel very personal. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie D
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Stephanie D,

Thank you for your review via the TripAdvisor website. I will pass your kind words along to Bianca and also let her know how much you appreciated her help. If you are ever in the area again please don't hesitate to call us for your future lodging needs. We really appreciate your patronage.

Kindest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed overnight here and was very pleased. The staff was very pleasant and upbeat from the front desk to the maintenance staff. They actually make eye contact with you and speak - even when just passing in the hallway. What a refreshing change. The room was comfortable and had plenty of space. I found the concept of the separate toilet area from the bath novel and well thought out. I greatly enjoyed being able to sit in the bar area and relax with a cocktail while waiting for colleagues to arrive.

The location is wonderful. It's convenient to everything and the freeway is "right there" so you can quickly get into downtown Charlotte or where ever else you might need to go. The staff is also very knowledgeable about dining in the area and has great recommendations if you are at a loss of where to go for a meal.

Aside from a somewhat disappointing breakfast (I found the egg discs and turkey sausage rubbery and inedible - thank goodness they also had cereal and yogurt), my only other comment would be an improvement on the room design. I was travelling with another person and while she was showering, I was trying to dry my hair in the toilet room. The mirrors were not large enough to be useful - one of the two mirrors needs to have about another 12 inches and it would be perfect. I should think that a second 12" mirror panel could be easily hung.

I would recommend this place to anybody. The rates are very reasonable, the hotel is clean and comfortable and the service is top notch. Just remember that you can always get breakfast somewhere else!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WGSnaffles
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear WGSnaffles,

Thank you for your feedback via the Tripadvisor website. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We always try to ensure that each guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne. We thrive on great customer service and I was delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. On your next trip to the Charlotte area please consider the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne for your lodging needs.

Iowa
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Booked this hotel while wife and I attended the SES Christian Apologetics conference. Three days stay. Booked a king bed, but got a double queen. Did not complain, as we were tired after long driving trip. Hotel is away from the maddening crowd, quiet and near several restaurants. Room was large, nice desk, and sitting room. Clean and well kept. WIFI work well, although I had some issues establishing VPN connections. Toilet is separate room from shower, which was nice. Breakfast was adequate, hot and plenty to eat. They had a bar on site, but did not partake. Seemed friendly. Did not use fitness room or pool. Parking is good, off street and large. Access is a bit odd, but blame NCDOT not Marriott. No problems, loud guests, or the like. Not much interaction with staff, since all went swimmingly. Recommend to all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hobnail
Dear Hobnail,

I would like to take this oppourtunity to first thank you for your feedback via the Tripadvisor Website. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our property to all. We all know that word of mouth is all ways the best marketing for any business and I really appreciate your efforts when speaking with other potential guests. If you are ever in the Charlotte area again please let us accomodate your lodging needs.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2013

So, It was My First Visit to Charlotte, NC and we stayed here. It was quite a worthy choice for a hotel. It was a Very Modern Hotel in My Opinion. I noticed that there was a couch in the room and as well as a good Mini-Office area. It was strange to say the least that the room had two bathrooms. One had the toilet and small sink along with a sliding door that was Foggy Glass. The second bathroom had another sliding door with Foggy Glass and inside was the shower (again, a Glass Shower) and a larger sink.. The location of the television was a little weird to me because it was not in front of the bed, but off to the side between the "Mini-Office" and the beds. The only negative thing that I noticed was that there was no place to put the used towels to conserve them except one towel ring and there were 3 of us that went.
Other than that, the beds were Very Comfortable and even had a reading light off to the side. The Pool was really cool and the patio outside really helped. By The Way, thank the guy at the front desk, Kareem because he was very nice and understanding as well as his pizza place recommendation.

Room Tip: Best Rooms in the Top Floors, Floor 4 or 5. Facing toward The Road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PTLSTraveller
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Good Afternoon PTLSTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to render your feedback via the TripAdvisor Website. All feedback is welcomed and we use this feedback to help find ways to make our property better. I have thanked Karriem for his outstanding recommendations on your behalf and if you are ever in the area again I hope you will choose our location for your lodging needs.

Lewisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would give this at least a 4 except for the way the bathroom is laid out in the room. The toilet and a small sink are behind one sliding door and the shower and vanity are behind another sliding door. Initially I thought this was neat. However, the sliding doors had no locks and the doors had opaque glass so when the light was turned on, it lit up the room. Not good in the middle of the night, especially when you have three kids who are light sleepers. AND the doors to the toilet and shower were right in front of the beds.

I would stay here alone, but I won't stay here with another person or my family again because of that set up. If you are okay with that, then the rest of the stay was good, but I personally won't be staying there again with anyone else along.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor away from elevators. Didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Tara H.

First let me take this oppourtunity to thank you for your feedback rendered on the TripAdvisor web-site. I appreciate your feedback and it will be used when addressing our team in any future projects. Once again, thank you for your feedback

General Manger
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here this past weekend for a soccer tournament and had a great experience! Clean, comfortable and the staff were super nice. It was BUSY - and filled with kids, but staff never seemed to lose patience and were always smiling. In particular I would like to thank Ms. Bridgett - she helped us find space to host team dinner and her recommendation on restaurant was PERFECT!! I want to come back to this area for a getaway and this will definitely be our hotel of choice. There is an Earthfare right across the street for quick food options (lunch, etc) and other great shopping very close by!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JSBinNC
Dear JSBinNC

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us during our busy soccer weekend. I am very pleased to hear that your stay was and enjoyable one. We look forward to serving you in the future and anytime you are in the area please feel free to contact us for your lodging accomodations. I really appreciate it when former guest mention specific employees because it gives us a chance to acknowledge them in our team meetings. Once again Thank you!!!

Kindest regards

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We spent 2 nights during our recent trip to Charlotte. Our experience was mixed. The decor and setup was contemporary, which was very nice. Needless to say, being close to the Ballantyne area, location cannot be beat. Check-in/check-out did not take more than a few minutes. The separate shower stall and toilet was a good idea, but the tinted glass doors are a little awkward. I am not sure if it's the hotel's eco-friendly program or the fact that the housekeeping staff was very busy - they did not show up till 4 PM - when we'd just returned and needed to get some rest. The continental breakfast setup is just average. With a little more attention to details, this could be an excellent place to stay for the price range.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
TyrekusWilliams, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear History4fun,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to render your feedback of your stay with us. I welcome all feedback. I will use your feedback when approaching our corporate staff as to changes to the decor of the shower doors. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and if we can be of any service to you in the near future please don't hesitate to call on us. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Ballantyne Area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte/Ballantyne
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
#43 of 178 in Charlotte
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area? Share your experiences!