“We will be BACK!”

Ranked #5 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“We will be BACK!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

As always, we were well pleased with the Dury's ability to WOW the guest! This was our first time at this property and we absolutely loved everything about it - the room (we stayed in the 2-room suite, which is ONLY $10 MORE than the regular room!!), the service, the comfort, the cleanliness...need I go on? We are Drury fans and have stayed in at least 5 different properties...and have passed on the loyalty to my parents, who have just recently stayed in two different properties and loved it as well.

The Northlake property is a newer property that is beautiful, and smartly placed in the "front yard" of the Northlake mall. It sits quietly a mere 15 minutes away from Uptown Charlotte. There is no fee for parking. They are pet friendly.

To cover the high points:
-Beautiful
-Clean
-Spacious
-COMFORTABLE
-Flawless service- from the front desk to the breakfast, to the kickback, to the cleaning team...
-Free popcorn and sodas in the afternoon and evening
-WI-FI in room is free and supported 2 laptops without a hiccup!
-returning each day is like coming home!

on a specific note...

-our DISCOVER card dropped out onto the floor and was returned to us in an envelope by a front desk team member calling us by name as we walked back into the building at the end of our day!

-we added another blanket to our bed and found it neatly made up into the existing bedding the next day after housekeeping refreshed our room!

-ALL supplies were replenished upon our return the 2nd day...soaps, fresh towels, tissue, toilet paper...I mean, EVERYTHING...not one thing was unnoticed by the cleanup team!

-the inroom refrigerators don't have freezers, so I asked the front desk about freezing my water bottles the night before we left so my drinks and such would be cold on the way home. NO PROBLEM....they took them in, labeled them and returned them to me on my way out!

-there was a corporate group there but there was never any problem keeping foods stocked at breakfast or in the evening kickback time.

This place, just like the other DRURYS runs smoothly. The personell are there to please and always WITH A SMILE!

One thing I will tell you. The hotels uptown are a whole lot more money....and even the ones that are close in price don't offer half of what this hotel offers! If you have any questions, please look at my previous reviews of Drury Hotels or feel free to email me.

If you have a moment, please enjoy my TRIPWOW musical slideshow for a recap of the DRURY and of UPTOWN CHARLOTTE. I think you will enjoy it. Simply cut and paste this link

-Stephanie

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soundsgood2me

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Upstate, NY
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed here on an overnight while driving from NY to Athens Georgia to get our girl off to grad school. It is directly off the highway and check in was a breeze. We stayed in a 2 room King suite that also had a pull out couch. The room was gorgous, the bathroom large and well stocked-the Bed was super comfy (sofa bed less so-but what do you expect) The free parking lot accomodated our HUGE moving truck and we walked across the street to TGIF for dinner (we were too late for the free evening goodies...darn it!)
The free breakfast was pretty good and did I mention it was free! Eggs and meats, waffle maker, cereals, yogart and fruit. Good coffee and juice as well. They are pet friendly as well! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lestersmommy
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Its always a breeze to stay at the Drury Inn at the Northlake Mall. Super friendly staff, clean rooms, and the food/drinks are great. All the extras are free and actually work! As a frequent business traveler to this hotel, I can always relax and be assured that my room and services are just right. The staff will go out of their way to help you so don't be shy with any request.

Room Tip: To avoid noise, don't get a room over the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2011

It's all taken care of. Nice room, parking, breakfast, dinner, and plenty to drink(alcohol and non). No hidden charges to speak of. There is nothing about Drury or their staff that is not 5 star.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank rich-queenie
columbus ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2011

we've stayed her twice while en route from ohio to hilton head. it's a great hotel - inexpensive, clean, great deal with the free dinner/drinks and breakfast buffest

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hoffman Estates, IL
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here based on good reviews. Empty beer cans in parking lot. Empty beer cans in overflowing waste can at front entrance. People drinking beer by front entrance shouting at other people in the parking lot. Lobby and Kickback area filled with kids coming from the pool. Could easily hear kids running back and forth in room above. Some hairs in room left over from previous guest.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank K V
Vernon
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We went on a bus tour to Charlotte last October for the Nascar race. This was the hotel that the bus company chose.

I was sooooo impressed by this place. You could eat off the floors they were so clean.
The staff was friendly and very helpful. Ajtaste fo "southern hospitality" at it's best.

Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I will definitely look for this chain when booking again.

Would go back in a heart beat!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple