As always, we were well pleased with the Dury's ability to WOW the guest! This was our first time at this property and we absolutely loved everything about it - the room (we stayed in the 2-room suite, which is ONLY $10 MORE than the regular room!!), the service, the comfort, the cleanliness...need I go on? We are Drury fans and have stayed in at least 5 different properties...and have passed on the loyalty to my parents, who have just recently stayed in two different properties and loved it as well.
The Northlake property is a newer property that is beautiful, and smartly placed in the "front yard" of the Northlake mall. It sits quietly a mere 15 minutes away from Uptown Charlotte. There is no fee for parking. They are pet friendly.
To cover the high points:
-Flawless service- from the front desk to the breakfast, to the kickback, to the cleaning team...
-Free popcorn and sodas in the afternoon and evening
-WI-FI in room is free and supported 2 laptops without a hiccup!
-returning each day is like coming home!
on a specific note...
-our DISCOVER card dropped out onto the floor and was returned to us in an envelope by a front desk team member calling us by name as we walked back into the building at the end of our day!
-we added another blanket to our bed and found it neatly made up into the existing bedding the next day after housekeeping refreshed our room!
-ALL supplies were replenished upon our return the 2nd day...soaps, fresh towels, tissue, toilet paper...I mean, EVERYTHING...not one thing was unnoticed by the cleanup team!
-the inroom refrigerators don't have freezers, so I asked the front desk about freezing my water bottles the night before we left so my drinks and such would be cold on the way home. NO PROBLEM....they took them in, labeled them and returned them to me on my way out!
-there was a corporate group there but there was never any problem keeping foods stocked at breakfast or in the evening kickback time.
This place, just like the other DRURYS runs smoothly. The personell are there to please and always WITH A SMILE!
One thing I will tell you. The hotels uptown are a whole lot more money....and even the ones that are close in price don't offer half of what this hotel offers! If you have any questions, please look at my previous reviews of Drury Hotels or feel free to email me.
If you have a moment, please enjoy my TRIPWOW musical slideshow for a recap of the DRURY and of UPTOWN CHARLOTTE. I think you will enjoy it. Simply cut and paste this link
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake is conveniently located off I-77 and I-485. This north central suburb is close to Lake Norman and only 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte attractions like Bank of America Stadium. In addition to free hot breakfast every morning, we serve free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake Hotel Charlotte
- Drury Inn And Suites Charlotte Northlake
- Drury Inn Charlotte